Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok, I know to us it doesn't sound like much, but there needs to be something from the athletic department or whatever saying to wear red next Saturday. Kind of like a "red-out" or whatever. Yes, we've always said to wear red, but most people don't know that. At the fire drill it needs to be said about 200 times that everyone should wear red. Every convo this week (Wednesday and Friday, no convo Monday) it should be said to wear red. During hall meetings it should be said to wear red. An e-mail to alumni should be sent out to wear red. The weather should be perfect for football, 65 and sunny. WEAR RED!!! Imagine 16,000 people in red.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
So let me get this straight, fans should wear blue?

8)
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
SJ:

We old hags all appreciate your efforts. Unfortunately, I'll be in a blue Flames hat, blue Flames turtleneck, and blue Flames pullover. All three of the kids will have on blue Flames sweatshirts, and the wife a blue Flames jacket. we may stick out like sore thumbs but I'm not forking over any more dough for new gear this year!
By whmatthews
Registration Days Posts
Boo!! Wear red! Even if it's not a Liberty shirt.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
I just got booed by my own peeps! LOL Seriously, LU's primary color is blue. What's up with the red fascination? My kids have red pom poms - does that qualify?

I'll wear pink if it gets us a win over W&M!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I don't have any shoes that go with red.

besides, it makes me look fat.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Seems like they need to come up with a catchy name for it and perhaps they should order a bunch of really cheap thin red shirts for pennies on the dollar and pass them out at the gates that people could wear overtop of their clothes.

Didn't the Miami Heat do something with white and called it a White Out.

And Wake Forest was calling for a Black Out against clemson.

Not sure what would really work for Red though. If the game was played at 6 AM, they could call it Red Dawn...maybe The Red Sea...see not sure there are any decent ones for Red.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The Flames Are Red Hot.

Coastal does Teal Daze all the time. They did a black out last night and gave out shirts I think.

We'll let the 6500 of us over on the student side wear red. The Baptist side can wear blue, purple, pink, orange, and whatever other color they have.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Every season the Texans have a 'Battle Red' day where they break out their alternate red jerseys and have Reliant decked in red. Its actually a cool look. If red is the color they are pushing, hopefully we'll have a good turnout. Anyone who watched the Texas beatdown of OU knows how great the Cotton Bowl looks 50% in burnt orange & 50% in crimson.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Sly,

Do you ever make a post without mentioning Texas? lol
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Hey, I can't get to games at LU so I have to reference the ones I can attend.

:D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Sly,

Do you even have to ask that?
By bozlady
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:Sly,

At least he's also rootin' for Sam Gado (former flame). Hey Sly, you may have mentioned it before but have you been to any of the Texans games now that Sam is there?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I was at the game last Sunday. But right now feloow Lynchburger Ron Dayne is getting the most carries. I haven't been int he locker room in the past week or so with other respondibilities. I may see Samkon Wednesday.
By LU'sbestmanager
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: feloow Lynchburger Ron Dayne .
??????? Lynchburger?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Yeah Ron Dayne is orginally from Lynchburg. He moved during high school up to New Jersey. I coached against him in the TRBC youth sports leagues back in the day.
Last edited by Sly Fox on October 11th, 2006, 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
My wife seems to remember Ron Dayne playing ball at Heritage before he moved, or possibly Jeff Forest, but she's not 100% sure. Any confirmation, Sly?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He was 14 when he moved, so its possible he was there as a freshman.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote:I just got booed by my own peeps! LOL Seriously, LU's primary color is blue. What's up with the red fascination? My kids have red pom poms - does that qualify?

I'll wear pink if it gets us a win over W&M!
Yes, blue is the more official color, but RED IS THE ACCENT COLOR, AND IT STANDS OUT BETTER!!! Course they should seriously give new banners to the Big South schools...one can barely read our name with that color red on that color blue.
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
Just a thought...

Every school has their traditions for games activities, etc and I'm sure others schools share this. but anyway...

At the "Swamp",down here in Gainesville the cheerleaders have the PA system available to lead in some cheers before the game, one of which is their ORANGE and BLUE chant. The students wear and chant orange and (part of) the oldie goldie side wear and chant blue. Each side tries to outdo the other and the noise is deafening (not hard to do with 90,000 + fans). But still the effect is fantastic. The cheerleaders get involved, the fans get involved and its a really great way to pump everyone up.

So why not consider the RED and BLUE in the future.

On another note:

I know this isn't the right thread for this, but to just thought I's mention it anyway. Urban Meyer has done a great job in combining two other chants into a very successful combination...

"LEAK - TEBOW"

The two quarterback game plan features two strong contenders with different abilities in a very successful combination. Coach Rocco may also find great success continuing to use both talents here.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I still think it looks better when the entire stadium is in the same color. Look at an overhead view of The Horse Shoe at OSU and it's amazing how much red is there.

I think a call and answer "L" "U" would be best to go across the field.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Careful, don't bring up Tebow's name or certain Karcher assistants who post here from time to time will start groaning. I admit he would've looked great in Flames gear.
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Get you red gear at Universal T's
Stop by the Store or we will be set up at the game by the Flames Club tent
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
tshirt is my baseball jersey red?
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
Yes what name do you want on the back of them
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]