Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Zac Foutz
6' 3" 226 lbs Linebacker/Punter
Roanoke (VA) Cave Spring HS

Yahoo Rivals Profile

Twitter

WDBJ7.com wrote:Roanoke County Teen Featured on Kellogg's Products
Jean Jadhon

POSTED: 01:44 PM EDT Jun 05, 2013 UPDATED: 06:00 PM EDT Jun 05, 2013

Roanoke County Teen Featured on Kellogg's Products

On the last day of School, one Cave Spring High School sophomore isn't in class but at a Food Lion grocery store in Roanoke County signing his name on cereal boxes.

The 16 year old is one of six children nationwide featured on Kellogg's products including Frosted Flakes cereal, Pop Tarts, Rice Krispies Treats, Pringles and Eggo Waffles boxes.

"It's overwhelming," said Zac Foutz. "It really hasn't sunk in yet."
Click Here for Full Story
By Footballfan
Zac did return to football and basketball this past Fall/Winter. Even though he was not 100% due to his recovery, he still earned 1st team All Confernce for defense and offense and was selected 1st Team 3A VHSL All State at Utility Defensive player ( http://www.vhsl.org/about.vhsl-all-stat ... state-fb3A ). Additionally, he was selected to 1st Team all conference in Basketball as well as earning honorable mention in basketball for 3A West All Region.

It will be exciting to follow him this upcoming senior football season.
By forbidden
Registration Days Posts
More than anything, I like his size,6-3/6-4 and if he is anything like Sigmon, then our LB core will def have to dealt with. Nothing against Robbins, becuz I said back then he reminds me of Zack Thomas, but when you start lining up some 6-3 lbs across the middle that can be very imposing, intimidating.

So congrats and welcome.

Looking at the roster, im sure we should hopefully, be looking at a couple more LB's, we lose 3 important and vital ones after this year.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
At that size, and with enough athleticism to be all conference at both LB and WR as well as in basketball, he should be able to do all the things we want a Mike LB to do.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Hmmmm. I have to say the fact that he apparently got sick from taking tainted steroids does make it a bit less of a "feel-good" story for me. We all make mistakes though, and I'm glad he has made such a great recovery.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote:Hmmmm. I have to say the fact that he apparently got sick from taking tainted steroids does make it a bit less of a "feel-good" story for me. We all make mistakes though, and I'm glad he has made such a great recovery.
:dontgetit Are you inferring he took steroids? The tainted shots were cortisone shots that were given out at doctors and rehab offices. If you look into the story, the people involved were receiving shots from doctors who did not know the stock was this dangerous.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would find out what they were for before you say whether it takes away from the story. remember that not everybody is juicing up so they can play better. Some people have legitimate medical reasons for taking them. Either way, I'm glad he picked us and look forward to getting his LOI in February
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:
olldflame wrote:Hmmmm. I have to say the fact that he apparently got sick from taking tainted steroids does make it a bit less of a "feel-good" story for me. We all make mistakes though, and I'm glad he has made such a great recovery.
:dontgetit Are you inferring he took steroids? The tainted shots were cortisone shots that were given out at doctors and rehab offices. If you look into the story, the people involved were receiving shots from doctors who did not know the stock was this dangerous.
It's WSET that needs to get their facts straight then, or at least be more specific.

"Foutz was the second youngest of 751 victims to come down with the disease in 2012 following the distribution of a tainted batch of steroids."

Yes, technically cortisone is a steroid, but it is certainly not what most people are going to think when they read that sentence.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Roanoke Times wrote:High school notebook: Cave Spring's Zac Foutz commits to Liberty for football

The Roanoke Times | File September
Zac Foutz of Cave Spring (right) tackles Martinsville running back Rashawn Martin in the backfield. Foutz has accepted a scholarship offer at Liberty University.

Posted: Monday, October 27, 2014 6:12 pm
By Robert Anderson robert.anderson@roanoke.com 981-3123

Zac Foutz celebrated his 18th birthday last week. The Cave Spring senior decided to give himself a present. Foutz wrapped up his college recruitment as the 6-foot-4, 230-pound tight end accepted a scholarship offer from Liberty University.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Cool story on Zac's wild ride of life ...
The Roanoke Star wrote:Liberty University’s Zac Foutz Realizes His Dream
February 5, 2018

Zac Foutz (#40 in red) eludes a pair of defenders after a 23-yard catch in Liberty’s 42-41 win over Indiana State last year.
Liberty University offensive end Zac Foutz had long pursued his dream in sports

But, with the unexpected turn his life took when he was a sophomore at Cave Spring High School, even Zac realized his dream was like reaching for the farthest star in the sky.

“Kids all have different goals and aspirations when they’re young,” Zac noted in a recent exclusive interview with The Star. “Some want to be doctors, some want to be lawyers or teachers. Since I was 6 years old, I always wanted to be a Division i football or basketball player. I grew up in sports.”
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]