Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By R R Rhenish
Registration Days
I was impressed with Liberty:

1) First and foremost, your team is fundamentally sound.

2) Second, you could have gone through the motions after the half, but your team came out ready to play and compete and took the fight to the Deacons.

3) Your punter - can we trade for him? He's a weapon. Ditto your kick returners. Excellent special teams play by the Flames.

4) Did I mention that there was no quit in your team?

5) Your fans represented well too. If you made the trip to Winston, I hope you felt you were treated well and that you enjoyed the experience.

I'm expecting a few more wins from the Flames this season. Today, Wake was just a step quicker, a year older, a few pounds heavier. But, Liberty was a worthy opponent in every way.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks for the kind words, Triple-R. I think your summary was dead on. Right now you guys are playing like a great unit. We're still putting things together. And your coaches wisely took advantage of our glaring weaknesses. Frankly I'd love to see you guys run the table even though I realize how difficult that might be.

One thing we have seen from WF grad Rocco is that he keeps his guys engaged to the end. That's something that was sorely lacking from these same players a year ago. If we can eliminate the untimely penalties and that one bad mistake, I think we have proven to ourselves we can hang with anybody we'll face all season. That's saying a lot for a team that was winless last season against I-AA competition.

Ben had a great day punting the ball. Thanks for noticing. But so did your placekicker. That kid has a serious leg.

I wish I could've been among the contingent down there in Winston today. It looked on the web tv like we had a decent turnout. I think this week has been educational for both schools.

BTW Ole Miss is making your victory last week look even more impressive with how they are playing with Georgia.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
RR,

Thanks for your kind words and recognizing the LU fans that made the trip to WS. We have a ways to go to get where Wake is, but we are concentrating on just getting a little better every week.

As Sly mentioned, WF Coach Rocco is a great person and we are happy to have him on our team. I believe he is the guy that will ultimately lead us to the upper echalon of 1AA every year and we dare to dream about 1A some day as well.

Good luck the rest of the season and we hope to meet the classy Wake again down the road.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:2012.
is that when we are playing them again?
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I think SJ was referring to the timing of his next date. :lol:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
You're both right.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts