Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
really?? i haven't checked the scores yet, but wow....Hofstra lost to Towson last week right?? if thats the case maybe W&M isn't as good as we thought, but still a very solid team, I expect an amped up crowd...we've got 2 weeks to get the student body excited about the game
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
There is no question that our offense took a big step forward today against a really solid I-A defense.

Defensively we played well once we got our legs under us following that disastrous start.

By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
Overall I'm very pleased with today's game. We did some things we needed to do, regardless of who we're playing, and I think we have to be happy with that.

Now let's get ready for our own homecoming!
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
well at least we showed that we can pass the ball so at least we didn't lose by 50 points.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
man, i am so excited about the homecoming game now....we are really coming together as a team, and I hope they take these positives from todays game and continue to build....I know william and mary's defense isn't going to be nearly as tough as Wake's was. The defense played solid, but some mental break towns from time to time, can't have that against a I-A school

of course there are tons of things to work on, but I really expected us to score one TD at the very best
By auntieann
Registration Days Posts
I am so annoyed with all the penalities. Celebration penalty, how ridiculous. I think We must stick with one QB, even the annoucers were confused which QB was in, they would say Brock, and then they would realize it was Zack. I think we need some consistency..
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Just got back taking my family out so I missed most of the second half. It looks like we played a descent game against a very good 1A team and is something that hasn't happened in a long time. After a horrible start it looks like we challenged them. Hopefully the week off helps us in getting those that are hurt some time to heal up for the big showdown agains't W & M. I can't wait to see that game and the 14 to 15 thousand screaming fans that will be there.
By flafan
Registration Days Posts
Great game Flames!!! Certainly there are areas for improvement (penaltiesreally hurt, pass defense was weak at times), but they represented well. The second half was great football. Brock really came alive. I'm not sure it would be a mistake to continue to use Zack to open things up from time to time.

Anyway, this certainly should pick them up for homecoming and the next part of the season.

Go Flames!!!.......and Go Gators!
By auntieann
Registration Days Posts
I think if WF would not of got the fast 10 points, we would have seen a different game. I think the momentum would have made all of the difference in the world. I think the flames proved themselves, I think WF did not expect that much from little old Liberty..
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Post game audio coming shortly
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:Post game audio coming shortly
can't wait to hear it.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
It's in the Wake Postgame thread
By auntieann
Registration Days Posts
Penalties, penalties, I am sorry but Jennings up the middle is over. It just did not work. I think we would have been in this one for not the first couple minutes of scoring. The score is mis-leading, I hope that Rocco get's behind Brock if he is going to be the QB. I agree Zach is a great athlete, but I am pretty sure Brock is better as the field general. I was aware Zach broke his figure earlier in the week, so I new that he would not be as effective. I hope homecoming goes great. Thanks Sly for sending over the game photos. I was not able to get the ESPN connection, my Comcast connection did not work. I listened to the radio, I just love Mr. Edwards, he just seems like the sweetest man. I am a softy for such a sweet man.
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]