Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
Another trivia question, what ex head football coach played for the USFL Bandits?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You have me on that one.

(Forgive this ridiculous hijacking ... old hags love the USFL)
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Hey, I'm in spot #17...so I'll be near you guys...I'm getting a tent as well.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
Ex-wrestler....

How about Ron Simmons? The ex-FSU AA. I have quite a few Banditball videos in my collection. I'm part of an online group of USFL fans. Followed the league like a maniac back in the day. Spurrier, John Basset, ET, John Reaves, Gary Anderson, don't ask me to spell the kickers name - but I miss those straight on kickers!

I might even have to wear my Bandits sideline raincoat if it's going to rain.

Go Flames. Go Bandits.
Last edited by HarrisburgFlame on September 26th, 2006, 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
Head coach - how about ex-fullback for the Bandits Carl Franks?
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
Sly:

Correction on Collinsworth playing for the Bandits. He was signed to a futures contract with the Bandits for 1986. The league folded in 1985 so Collinsworth never played a down for the Bandits. As a matter of fact, Spurrier kicked Eric Truvillion (top receiver) off the team near the end of 1985 and the Bandits were left with nothing to throw to except Larry Brodsky....
By 4everfsu
Registration Days Posts
HF you are correct about Carl Franks, HC at Duke and now an asst coach at USF.
I still have a full collection of Bandit season tickets in mint condition never used( I had bought two season tickets so my sister would go and she didnt one year) along with game programs from every Bandit games I attended.

HF you are right about Ron Simmons, I forgot about him but I was thinking more along the line of someone who was not as famous with football before coming a wrestler. I didnt realize Lex Luger tried out for the team the first year and was in the team photo, not sure how long he played but he was a Bandit before entering wrestling.

First game in Tampa Stadium was Bandits againist Boston Breaker, Bandit QB was throwing to ET in the back of the end zone, Boston DB intercepted and returned all the way back to the Bandits 5 yard line. Who tackled him? ET chased him down, I will never forget that play as long as I live.
Last edited by 4everfsu on September 27th, 2006, 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
GMTM, I'm planning on coming to the hockey game friday night.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
givemethemic wrote:my parents just got a new grill... I am sure my dad will let me borrow it!!!! But only becuase he loves his son!!!
good thing.

Heart-mirror boy.

(I'll be at the hockey game as well, with my lovely bride by my side)
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Update to the update:
PAmedic wrote:
CHECKLIST

Spot: Flameshaw (#15)

Tent: Flameshaw

Grill: JCMANSON, GMTM's DADDY

Food: PAmedic, SMOOTHIE, others?

Banner: GMTM

Beverages: Flameshaw, BYOB
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
anyone have one of those great 80's style boomboxes so we can listen to the riviting pre-game show? 8)
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
You mean the one with that effervesant personality, Paul Rutigliano.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
:mrgreen:

we need more emoticons
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:
givemethemic wrote:my parents just got a new grill... I am sure my dad will let me borrow it!!!! But only becuase he loves his son!!!
good thing.

Heart-mirror boy.

(I'll be at the hockey game as well, with my lovely bride by my side)
hope to finally meet you medic on friday at the hockey game.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
We can listen to the radio in my car, if all else fails. I am planning on being at the hockey game Friday night as well.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote:We can listen to the radio in my car, if all else fails. I am planning on being at the hockey game Friday night as well.
hopefully i can meet you to flameshaw on friday.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
I have an estimate for the banner... feel free to pm if you want to know the price, cause I don't have that kind of money to spend...
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
Hey guys - I know I am checking in late on this one but I'll be at HC this year too. They'll be five of us in Section 4 Row I seats 1-5. I'm going to be in the Blue Lot - Explorer (Silver) with Penna tags and Flames stuff all over it. Let me know if I can still chip in for food. I may be able to get the old battle axe to whip up some munchies.

Other quick note to you Penna posters/readers - I got a nice note from the Flames Club checking the interest level for a Flames Club chapter up here in Yankee land. I need two other PA Flames to join me in getting a chapter off the ground. Anyone interested let me know and we can talk live in Lynchburg next weekend.

Thanks.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote:I may be able to get the old battle axe to whip up some munchies.
oh- smart, that comment :shock: you're a dead man for SURE for that one
HarrisburgFlame wrote: I got a nice note from the Flames Club checking the interest level for a Flames Club chapter up here in Yankee land. I need two other PA Flames to join me in getting a chapter off the ground. Anyone interested let me know and we can talk live in Lynchburg next weekend.
count me in, and I think I can twist my buddies arm as well
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
That's awesome Medic. Look forward to finally meeting you next weekend. As for the "battle axe" comment - I got game baby (and she isn't home right now).
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote:... (and she isn't home right now).
yeah. thought so. :lol:
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote:Hey guys - I know I am checking in late on this one but I'll be at HC this year too. They'll be five of us in Section 4 Row I seats 1-5. I'm going to be in the Blue Lot - Explorer (Silver) with Penna tags and Flames stuff all over it. Let me know if I can still chip in for food. I may be able to get the old battle axe to whip up some munchies.

Other quick note to you Penna posters/readers - I got a nice note from the Flames Club checking the interest level for a Flames Club chapter up here in Yankee land. I need two other PA Flames to join me in getting a chapter off the ground. Anyone interested let me know and we can talk live in Lynchburg next weekend.

Thanks.
HFlame,
Will be great to meet you. Make sure you stop by the tent, it will be in the blue lot spot 15. I have a red Infiniti coupe and will have a LU flag on it. I am sure we will get more specifics out as time nears. If your bride wants to bring some munchies, that would be great. We won't tell her you called her "battle axe." It would be embarassing to get beat up in front of people you are meeting for the first time.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
What time were you all planning on tailgating that morning? I'm up for whatever since I probably won't sleep any Friday night cause I'll be at the hockey game, then midnight madness.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
The tent should be set up Friday afternoon. I am told they are going to shut traffic off to that area just before the parade is to begin. I plan on being there by 10:00-!0:30.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm getting there by 10.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]