Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We must win every I-AA game the rest of the way by two scores to even have a chance at the playoffs.

I haven't even looked at the stat sheet. I do know however that we are an extremely young team. We have I-A guys in key positions, but we are still very young. If this was next year, I'd be much more optimistic about this game.

Hey Manger, he's drinking more Kool-Aid than you during basketball season.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
WeAll Need Jesus wrote:Guess we'll see when we meet up with them in the playoffs, but yeah maybe could have a chance of 3 scores if we play our 3rd strings, but it would still be iffy then.
Wow. Playoffs? This year? Amazing.

Wait. What year is this? How long have I been asleep?
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
While I admire our fellow Jesus follower's enthusiasm, I have to say that Wake will win this game 20-7. I don't expect a blowout but I do expect both teams to be prepared to play and Wake is a little more talented than us and they are at home. Add that to the passing woes and I come up with that score. Our defense will be on the field a little longer than any of our previous games and that will wear them down and we will make a few mistakes as a result.
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Actually, there is no spread for this game... You can only bet on college football when it's 2 1-A teams playing each other. I think 42 1/2 is crazy SJ, Wake's offense is not made to score 42 points, Liberty's D is just to good for that to happen. Plus I think this might be one of the fastest college football games that you have ever seen, becuase both teams will try to pound down the other teams throats.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Just had to make a post because of all the ridiculous scores i saw being posted. U act like the LU football team is under Coach Carcher with last teams skills. Newsflash it's not and we've already increased our winning from last year by 300% So i have to say very close game could go either way and i wouldn't be suprised to see either team win.

I wish that I had your optimism, but due to some of the very weak teams we have been up agains't in 3 out of the 4 games I am forced to defend my prediction of 38-10 Wake unless I am proven otherwise. I would like to say that we beat legitimate competition on our level that would lead up to us playing a team at the calibre of Wake Forest but right now I can't say that. This game is going to show what we are really made of and I don't expect a win but right now I don't feel confident in predicting a win. Right now it is tough to really get a read on these guys due to the poor calibre of competition but the next few weeks we will all know for sure.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
for the record, I like WE-ALL.

its probably more realistic to say it would be tough to win, but these guys definitely have the talent to hang tough, and we may catch this program off guard- who knows.

excited to see what happens.

welcome aboard, WENJ!
By 01LUGrad
Registration Days Posts
35-9 WFU...But I hope I am wrong!
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
27-10 Wake - i think we play them close but as the fourth quarter hits our D's stamina is going to be tested.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm calling it 17-10 Deacons. Yes, that includes a Liberty field goal. Yeah I'm surprised with my pick as well.

:D
By tshirtman
Registration Days Posts
"I believe"
"I believe"
"I believe"
"I believe"
"I think I am crazy" BUT
14-13 LU
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
35-12 Wake.
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
Are those 12 points all via Field Goal, if so that may be the boldest prediction of all? Or was that 2 td's and two missed extra points?
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
45-7 WF over LU. - Actual Score Prediction.

My wish - LU 21, WF - 17
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Rocketfan wrote:Are those 12 points all via Field Goal, if so that may be the boldest prediction of all? Or was that 2 td's and two missed extra points?
Neither. Six safeties as Wake decides to play it safe in the 4th quarter.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
49-0 Wake. They are very good on D and I think they will wear us down on D. We didn't register a TD vs. Towson, can't see us getting one against Wake.

But I look for us to bounce back vs. Bill and Mary the following week.

I hope I am wrong.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
No way they drop that much on us with their offense. That's not their style. They run the ball like crazy.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
34-10 deacs, and GMTM, you opened yourself up with that gambling factoid :D
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
42-7
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]