Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By From the class of 09
Registration Days Posts
FlamesBeBallin wrote:
flamerbob wrote:They should do a Red Out for the Stony Brook game. Maybe that would help attendance with students leaving.

Isnt every game a red out?
We can be the mini-sea of red :lol:
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:Welcome to LU. We wear red. All of us. Seriously, quit trying to be a rebel.
Did you see the group of kids that thought it'd be cool to wear white so they'd stand out at homecoming? So freaking stupid.
By Rooster Cogburn
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:Welcome to LU. We wear red. All of us. Seriously, quit trying to be a rebel.
Did you see the group of kids that thought it'd be cool to wear white so they'd stand out at homecoming? So freaking stupid.

It was SOOO ridiculous.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
FlamesBeBallin wrote:
flamerbob wrote:They should do a Red Out for the Stony Brook game. Maybe that would help attendance with students leaving.

Isnt every game a red out?
I know they say to wear red but the student body obviously doesn't understand that. What if they announced a red out and gave out t-shirts to all in attendance? Maybe then they would get the hint to wear red.
By BigAl57
Registration Days Posts
Just a stupid question - Do we still wear red even if the opponets colors are red? Thinking of NC State next year. Don't want people to think that we're there for the pack. The only wolfs at my house is mounted to the wall
By flamesfan30
Registration Days Posts
their dorm was behind us by a bit, and i found their attempt to be cool annoying.

as much as i cant stand dorm 8 at least they were creative, motivated and wore red this past game. (nevermind their sister dorm kicked us out of seats we were saving for our dorm and 3 sister dorms after we made an agreement to split the section with dorm 8 for the savannah state game) if anyone missed it they dressed up as "sparky's spartans" and it was brilliant.

as for the bro/sis dorms in white... that's an example of what NOT to do.

and we DO wear red every game. i think thats one thing you CANT say negative about the students. 98% of us that go to the games actually wear red. just go to liberty.edu right now and the first thing you see is a sea of red from those who arent trying way to hard to be cool and stand out (the white patch)

when i went to the stony brook game last year, i wore the 1 white liberty shirt i owned, because theyre also red. its different for away games.
By FlamesBeBallin
Registration Days Posts
BigAl57 wrote:Just a stupid question - Do we still wear red even if the opponets colors are red? Thinking of NC State next year. Don't want people to think that we're there for the pack. The only wolfs at my house is mounted to the wall
:dontgetit Great question. We need to all have Beat the Pack shirts.
By BigAl57
Registration Days Posts
FlamesBeBallin wrote:
BigAl57 wrote:Just a stupid question - Do we still wear red even if the opponets colors are red? Thinking of NC State next year. Don't want people to think that we're there for the pack. The only wolfs at my house is mounted to the wall
:dontgetit Great question. We need to all have Beat the Pack shirts.
Maybe we go blue with red letters, like our home jerseys
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
Guys and Gal - this is Official - GW is a BLACKOUT. Come dressed in Black and if you don't wear black - come in Bulldog gear...

I do think it would be cool to do a PINKOUT for Cancer Awareness Month??? Super - I would have to barrow a shirt;)
First, I am not a student, and I do work in the athletic department. But yes, this is not official.

Listen, schools all over the country have white-outs. We say that we need to try to get a way for students to stay for longer than a half of football, this can be a great way. I love our theme, "Be early. Be loud. Wear Red." But, to be honest, I think that our students get really annoyed with people saying that ALL THE TIME! When students hear stuff like that, they tend to rebel like that section in the middle of the student section last Saturday. Gardner-Webb is pretty much going to be the last game of the year that our students will be at. Why not create some much needed excitement for a home game? The only time I have ever been excited about a home game was this year against Savannah State. Wouldn't it be sweet if the Baptist side and the student side were all decked out in white? Granted, it would be a lot better if done at night, but it will create excitement that we don't get around here because we are in the Big South.
We need to change the name of this thread from "Some LU fans call for WHITEOUT" to "This one LU fan calls for WHITEOUT off a whim in hopes of being able to say 'I'm totally the guy who made the WHITEOUT happen!' ".

If you work in the athletic department why don't you ask Jeff for permission to make this happen officially?
thepostman wrote:thanks man...when people start coming back on tomorrow it will provide entertainment for my work day :D
Glad I could provide some entertainment. All, I'm saying is that people need to have an open mind about this. Aside from maybe the first 5 rows in the middle three sections, none of the students are really interested in the game. They go to socialize. Why not at least try this to see where it goes? I mean, they just had a whiteout at the soccer game the other night with the players wearing all white, and even Coach Alder wearing all white! Everyone loved it!
hesterchester wrote:We need to change the name of this thread from "Some LU fans call for WHITEOUT" to "This one LU fan calls for WHITEOUT off a whim in hopes of being able to say 'I'm totally the guy who made the WHITEOUT happen!' ".

If you work in the athletic department why don't you ask Jeff for permission to make this happen officially?
Because I have a feeling about how that will go. He loves red, and I get that.

By the way, does anybody realize that our motto is the same as Nebraska's? The only difference is that at the end of their's, it is "Beat Texas."
hesterchester wrote:But i do appreciate the excitement for the games. It just has all the potential to make half the student section white and the other half red and we would just look silly.
If people would take it seriously, especially the athletic department, students would be all for it. Every football fan wants to go to a school where they have a whiteout every year.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Does Gonzaga and St Mary have D1 football ? When[…]

LaTech

We are halfway through the season, yet we are stil[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my […]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]