Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
https://secure.scout.com/a.z?s=169&p=12 ... %3d6306599

sorry it's premium, cant copy and paste

He was recently dismissed from ILL....but the Ill posters are saying Aikens choose Liberty and that he's in school and is going to join the team next year...

Hometown:
Charlotte, N.C.

High School:
Harding

Height / Weight:
6-1 / 180

huge pick up...dude is a stud.
2009: Earned Freshman All-Big Ten honors from The Sporting News ... Played in 10 games, starting five at safety ... Recorded three tackles in the season finale vs. Fresno State ... Had two tackles and a pass break up at No. 5 Cincinnati ... Posted two tackles, including one solo tackle in win over Minnesota ... Led team with a career-best 10 tackles, including seven solo stops in win over Michigan ... Posted one tackle at Purdue ... Made first start at Indiana and led the team with seven tackles, all solo stops ... Saw first significant time on defense against Michigan State, recording six tackles and a pass broken up ... Made debut on special teams at Ohio State.
Last edited by ballah09 on September 4th, 2010, 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Journal-Standard on 8/24/10 wrote:Sophomore defensive back Walt Aikens was dismissed from the university. Aiken served a 14-day jail sentence after pleading guilty to misdemeanor theft after his arrest in April. Aikens enrolled at Parkland College, a community college in Champaign.
Click Here for Full Story

It sounds like the kid wanted to be closer to home and to try and put his life back together. He had spent the summer and part of training camp waiting on an appeal process that denied him just a week and a half ago. Glad he was able to enroll at LU in time for the fall semester. We are certainly the place for those looking for second chances.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The kid and his family came last weekend and liked it and he's been here since Monday. Because of the way Illinois released him, he can't play this year. He's going to be the best FCS Scout Team Safety in the country this year. The cool thing is the family knew Coach Layer and that's how Aikens ended up here.
By ToTheLeft
Registration Days Posts
Bump, since we were talking about him.
By ladybird6
Registration Days Posts
FlamesBeBallin wrote:This guys looks like he has Linebacker size in person.

He has to be bigger than 180 now...
He is bigger and better now..thank u LU 4 giving a good kid a second chance, he deserves it.
By troyywr
Registration Days Posts
Best corner LU's ever had by far and best def player he's coached..from a coaches mouth wow! Go Flames!! I will have to make it to Lynchburg to see this kid!
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Kid was all-freshman in the Big Ten. He definitely can play.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good news. we can always use help in the secondary.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ToTheLeft wrote:Bump, since we were talking about him.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Certainly an area of need. Good to hear he's doing well. Hopefully he'll help us shore up our pass defense woes.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
TDDance234 wrote:Certainly an area of need. Good to hear he's doing well. Hopefully he'll help us shore up our pass defense woes.
my thoughts exactly.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
hopfuly he be having compotishion at the definsuv bak spot becus oderwize hed being fats and lassy and not be no gud.
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:hopfuly he be having compotishion at the definsuv bak spot becus oderwize hed being fats and lassy and not be no gud.
It wuz u :shock:
By BigAl57
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:hopfuly he be having compotishion at the definsuv bak spot becus oderwize hed being fats and lassy and not be no gud.
It wuz u :shock:
we would have thunk it
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Other than QB, a true shutdown corner can have more impact on a game than any other player. This is exciting!
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
You had to figure that when he came to Roccgroh's defense after the ban was issued bob...(although some came to it sooner)
By Kolzilla41
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:You had to figure that when he came to Roccgroh's defense after the ban was issued bob...(although some came to it sooner)
I did Beej. I was having some fun
–noun
something that provides mirth or amusement: A picnic would be fun.
enjoyment or playfulness: She's full of fun.
–verb (used without object), verb (used with object)
Informal . joke; kid.
–adjective
Informal . of or pertaining to fun, especially to social fun: a fun thing to do; really a fun person.
Informal . whimsical; flamboyant: The fashions this year are definitely on the fun side.
—Idioms
for / in fun, as a joke; not seriously; playfully: His insults were only in fun.
like fun, Informal . certainly not; of doubtful truth: He told us that he finished the exam in an hour. Like fun he did!
make fun of, to make the object of ridicule; deride: The youngsters made fun of their teacher.
By Schfourteenteen
Registration Days Posts
flamerbob wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:You had to figure that when he came to Roccgroh's defense after the ban was issued bob...(although some came to it sooner)
I did Beej. I was having some fun
[/quote]

He has a girlfriend......give him a break.
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

I think we should do whatever Tech and UVA do as[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

That might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen per[…]

North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]