Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:He certainly has seemed to be enjoying the Texas life the past week or so.
He's in Charleston, SC and has been for several days. I know he was in Texas since football season was over training.
By Equinox
Registration Days Posts
Mike Mayock mentioned his name at a minimum of 3 times this week stating that more teams are searching to find a 6 ft+, Richard Sherman built, press type of coverage guy. He's rocking the blue LU helmet with the red lettering. On a not to pleasant note during one on one drills he got burn on a double move by one receiver and kind mugged another on a 5-10 out route. Odds are if he plays well; 1) no missed tackles, and 2) solid closing speed when the ball is thrown his way, an invite to the combine (and if that's successful) and a draft pick will be coming his way. Does any one know when LU is going to have its Pro-day?
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
The draft isn't until May 8th but Walt is already receiving some hype from Walter Football.

They have him ranked as the 13th best corner and projected to go in the 3rd or 4th round.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014CB.php

I don't usually pay much attention to mock drafts, but this one has Walt going in the 4th round to....Jacksonville

http://walterfootball.com/draft2014charlie_4.php
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
I completely agree. I don't like comparisons but I heard someone compare Walt to Richard Sherman. Smart, athletic corner that plays physical. I love that comparison. As a Redskin fan, I really hope he ends up in Washington. Our secondary needs so much help.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf wrote:I completely agree. I don't like comparisons but I heard someone compare Walt to Richard Sherman. Smart, athletic corner that plays physical. I love that comparison. As a Redskin fan, I really hope he ends up in Washington. Our secondary needs so much help.
The person who has been comparing Walt to Richard Sherman is ............... Walt. He says he likes Sherman's "swag" and feels theyt have a similar physicality in their game.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Not saying he's as talented, but I think his playing style is similar. But for the record, Sherman was drafted in the 5th round and there are people talking about Walt going in the 3rd or 4th. So, I wouldn't say it's that far fetched for him to develop into a player like Sherman.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I talked to a SmallCollegeFootballFan over on AGS and his projections and discussions with league GMs had him looking like a UFA (maybe 7th round pick) but he could move up to the second day with a good pro day (although I think he should be prepping for the combine in Indy)
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
BJWilliams wrote:I talked to a SmallCollegeFootballFan over on AGS and his projections and discussions with league GMs had him looking like a UFA (maybe 7th round pick) but he could move up to the second day with a good pro day (although I think he should be prepping for the combine in Indy)
He isn't invited to the combine BJ. Doesn't matter anyway because they do pretty much the same things on pro day and the prep is the same.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
He could anywhere from 3rd to undrafted based strictly on how needs are being met in earlier rounds by teams that have him higher on their lists than others. Your buddy's projection generally matches what I have seen online as well.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
watch this video and listen to the coach's comments

hopefully not hyperbole/coach speak just to pump the kid up...

somehow I think not though.

What is the scouting report on Isaiah Ihnen from M[…]

2024 Season Thread

This weekend is a big series on the road against a[…]

https://i.postimg.cc/bJsNVRB7/20240416-152017.jp[…]

New Mexico State

Final home CUSA 3 game series, starts tonight. NM[…]