Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Here are the commitments we know about heading to Signing Day:

Terry Adams
5' 11" 216 lb Linebacker
Elkin (NC) High School

Danny Broggin
6' 0" 185 lb Quarterback/Linebacker
William Campbell High School

Wesley Cheek
6' 0" 195 lb Defensive Back
Dacula (GA) High School

Trey Jacobs
6' 5" 275 lb Defensive Lineman
Columbia (SC) Eau Claire High School

Spencer Landis
Quarterback
Dacula (GA) High School

Israel Machovec
Wide Receiver
Dacula (GA) High School

Kyle O'Donnell
6' 2" 215 lb Outside Linebacker
Dallastown (PA) High School

Chandler Reardon
6' 3" 250 lb Offensive Lineman
Greenwood (SC) High School

Chris Rocco
Quarterback/Safety
LCA

Pierre Tinsley
6' 2" 216 lb Linebacker
Amhesrt High School

Andrew Trowbridge
6' 0" 216 lb Linebacker
Warner Christian HS, Port Orange, FL

I-A Transfers:

Zach Davis
6' 4" 274 lb Offensive Lineman
From East Carolina

Rashad Jennings
6' 1" 240 lbs Running Back
From Pitt

Stevie Ray "The Sky is Crying" Lloyd
5' 11" 234 lb Linebacker
From Virginia Tech
Last edited by Sly Fox on February 1st, 2006, 7:21 pm, edited 11 times in total.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
of the FROSH signings, not transfers- are any expected to be real impact players? (Too lazy to look them up at this point, but didn't see any links on most of them)

the last kid wasn't ranked at all, poss due to the knee injury?
By Coastal89
Here's 1 more you didn't have on your list. Now stay out of South Carolina. :lol:

Trey Jacobs (6-5, 275), DL, Eau Claire, Columbia,SC(Liberty)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, 89. He's added to the list.
By Baldspot
Registration Days Posts
No one north of Lynchburg can't be a good thing but this was kinda a quasi recruiting year with the staff just recently taking shape. The transfers should give immediate help to an already young team.

Anyone know how many sholarships we had to give?
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
:lol: After a 1-10 season I'd say we had about 60 available :lol:

jk
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We only have about half the names right now. Coach Rocco said on the radio last weekend that they already had 17 commitments with a couple of recruits visiting that day. So we really only have a bit of the info right now. I have a feeling we won't be shut out north of the Mason-Dixon line.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
We'll have to send down a few PA boys to help with the winning %! :D

"PUT GREISER IN"
By Guest
PA here is a article on Trowbridge. With choices like FSU, Bama & Notre Dame I think he should do alright in the Big SOuth.

James Eustis
StudentSportsFootball.com

Tom Hauck
Andrew Trowbridge
SPARQ Rating: 82
Warner Christian Academy (Fla.); 6-0, 210 RB/LB

Looking Back
Nike Camp Highlights: 4.78 in the 40; 31-inch vertical
2004 stats: 103 carries, 932 yards, 15 TDs; 113 tackles, 24 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, 1 INT, 6 passes defended

Looking Ahead
Off-season Training: A relentless weightlifter, Trowbridge is hoping to improve on the 29 reps he did on the bench at the Miami Nike Combine last spring. "I like bench press and squat the most. I'd like to win a state championship for weightlifting also." He runs several times a week in addition to lifting weights four times a week. "My favorite SPARQ activity is the parachute because it's the one that I feel like it works the most."
Camps: Plans to attend the Nike Camp in Miami
Colleges: Leaving things wide open, but some names on his list include Alabama, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Iowa, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame and Southern Mississippi.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
guess the knee is all better? sounds like he has a good work-ethic anyway.
By krh44
Registration Days Posts
These were Terry Adams choices listed on Rivals

Not a bad list

Liberty (solid verbal)
North Carolina
NC State
Virginia
Virginia Tech
Wake Forest
Marshall
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
here's a linked story provided by CHRIS over on the other recruiting thread, details the signing of this kid- for those of you completely confused by the above conversation about knee injuries.

Warner star picks Liberty
By BRIAN MCLAUGHLIN
Prep editor

SOUTH DAYTONA -- Warner Christian's Andrew Trowbridge may not have realized his dream of playing Division I-A football, but in about eight months, he'll at least be doing battle against a I-A school.

Trowbridge announced that he will sign with I-AA Liberty University of the Big South Conference when signing day rolls around next month. And this fall, Liberty, of Lynchburg, Va., will travel to Wake Forest of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and Trowbridge will have his chance to see how he sizes up against a I-A team.

"I always had the dream to play at a bigger school, but I'm still pretty excited about this," said Trowbridge, a two-time all-state player for the Eagles as a sophomore and a junior. "I am so happy to be going somewhere for free. . . . Obviously I always had the aspirations to play on TV and in a bowl game."

About a year ago, Trowbridge seemed to be a possible I-A recruit in 2006, but a right knee injury in his spring football game knocked him out for all but one game of his senior season -- and many of the I-A colleges that had shown interest stopped calling.

The five-year varsity starter for the Eagles said he loved Liberty's facilities and coaching staff, and said he had also been seriously considering Bethune-Cookman. Liberty's young team went 1-10 last year, but lost five games by six points or less.
By elkinftball2002
Terry recieved offers from nc state and James Madison
By Agent2Be
Registration Days Posts
We should make a living with these kind of guys!
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Oh, I'm betting w/ Rocco at the helm we will.
Athens Regional

I have been in this game and involved in this […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

Week # 8 - Top Performers Runs - Baybird 63 (se[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Finally happened, the ATrain household is no l[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Can we cancel the debate between president MAGA an[…]