Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
To save Sly the trouble, go ahead and register.
By ChrisNDakota
Registration Days
ok got it, are you happy? :)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I was happy before hand, but now Sly will be very happy.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
WYNTON JACKSON! i love his stlyle and swagger on the field. in the spring he mad amazing plays everyday. he runs his routes crisp and always catches the ball with his hands. he has good speed and is our big play receiver. i say look for him and brock to have a great year.

p.s. i even created him in my ncaa 07 campus leagend. lol.. he's doing pretty good for BC. :lol:
By madmat
Registration Days Posts
After my own kid, I look forward to watching what Rashaad Jennings can do. The offensive lineman I know who roomed with him this summer said is a great guy, but a physical exception to what we normally see at this level. Also, a couple of notes to the wt. room. Bill Gillespie has been doing a great job, along with the other strength coaches.
Last season 14 guys who could clean over 300 lbs., now we have 36, topping at 360 (Jason Horn, I think). I think this is one of the most important lifts in football wt. training. Last year we had 2 guys near 400 on the bench press, now we have 7. Bench records are being broken across the team, led by Mike Godsil who leads the team at 460 lb. and earned the gold medal in this competition in the Virginia Commonwealth Games last Sat. I think you will see a much different product on the field this season. I am excited to see the changes!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
The weight room usually is where it all starts especially with the lineman. Excellence in the weight room hopefully will lead to better line play on both sides of the ball since a great majority of games are won at the line of scrimmage. Bill Gillespie is certainly capable of taking us there.

I am looking forward to seeing some of the newcomers especially the transferes in Rashaad Jennings and Stevie Ray Lloyd. Hopefully there leadership will spread throughout the whole team.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Brock at QB/Greiser at DB

anyone shocked?
By texasballer41
Registration Days Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing players in pairs: Rashad and Stokes working together, Manny and Stevie Ray Lloyd, and i hear from a certain "source" that Greiser should be starting along WITH Dickerson, and also seeing EL Estes at corner. We all know Calvary can play.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote:Brock at QB/Greiser at DB

anyone shocked?
No.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
yeah, Calvary is an easy choice- along w/ Rojas, but Ryan is switching over from RB though he played both ways in HS, so I'm interested to see how he fares. He definitely has talent.

Brock just seems to me the ideal choice for a QB- A big guy standing back there picking apart the secondary, with Terrell and Rashad as 2 incredibly scary options for a ground attack.

Throw in a TE w/ good hands and some quick wideouts- how does this offense get any better?

To sum it up though- I think Brock and Greiser are the keys.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'd love to see Zach used in a Randall-El way. Reverses, half-back passes, random crap like that.
By texasballer41
Registration Days Posts
haha it does sounds good doesn't it. the talent is there, the O-Line just needs to step UP
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im looking forward to Rashad Jennings. having seen him when he played for LCA itll be good to see him back in Williams Stadium again.
By Guest
madmat wrote:After my own kid, I look forward to watching what Rashaad Jennings can do. The offensive lineman I know who roomed with him this summer said is a great guy, but a physical exception to what we normally see at this level. Also, a couple of notes to the wt. room. Bill Gillespie has been doing a great job, along with the other strength coaches.
Last season 14 guys who could clean over 300 lbs., now we have 36, topping at 360 (Jason Horn, I think). I think this is one of the most important lifts in football wt. training. Last year we had 2 guys near 400 on the bench press, now we have 7. Bench records are being broken across the team, led by Mike Godsil who leads the team at 460 lb. and earned the gold medal in this competition in the Virginia Commonwealth Games last Sat. I think you will see a much different product on the field this season. I am excited to see the changes!
Horn did 417lb on the clean!!
By madmat
Registration Days Posts
Awesome, even better!!!!!!!!
By Guest
just to correct the numbers and to give jason his due credit he broke the school record in the clean with a clean of about 415 and stevie ray loyd broke the linebacker clean record with a clean of 372 with several other guys cleaning over 350
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For the record, Rashad is the obvious choice. But frankly any number of the guys could have a big impact.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]