Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you can't talk your nephew into balling for you ... 8)
Rocco to play for LU

Liberty Christian Academy senior quarterback/safety Chris Rocco, who led the Bulldogs to back-to-back Virginia Independent Schools Division II state titles in his junior and senior seasons, has committed to continue his playing career at Liberty University.

After having his father, Frank Rocco, as his head coach for the past two seasons, Chris Rocco will have the opportunity to play for his uncle, Dan Rocco, next fall.

Rocco, who had the highest passing efficiency of any area quarterback last fall when he completed 63 of 100 passes for 1,265 yards and 20 touchdowns, chose LU over Princeton, Davidson and Columbia universities.
http://www.newsadvance.com/servlet/Sate ... th=!sports
Last edited by Sly Fox on February 2nd, 2006, 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ed Dantes
Registration Days Posts
Wow, Liberty over Princeton and Columbia. That's, uh... wow.

I wonder how Davidson got in there, though.
By Thotprovkr
Registration Days Posts
Chris used to be one of my wife's students. She always talked very highly of him - very smart kid (as can be seen by the schools that recruited him). His writing looked like a typewriter - nearly perfect.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
If ever there was a rock solid verbal commitment I would say it was this one :D . I have heard that Chris is one of the smartest students at LCA and that is why he was recruited by the Ivy leaguers. I think Davidson is a good academic school too but I can't remember. I know it is an aestetic looking school with really nice facilities. Anyway, I think Chris will probably play defense if I had to guess. He could end up being a QB though with his intelligence. Not sure how big he is. I did the sideline reporting for their championship game and I thought he looked to be about 5-10 or 11. Welcome Chris!
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Well here is the deal, seeing that I have done LCA's radio for now the last 3 seasons I have a pretty good relationship with Chris.. You are right he is as smart as they come 4.0 Student... he is the main reason I passed math my senior year but that's neither here or there... Richmond was also a option as well... I asked him often throughout the season where he was going to go and Liberty was always the last resort... but as soon as his Uncle was hired it was a real no brainer for him... He did look really hard at Columbia and Princeton though and his parents where willing to make it work if that is where is wound up..I bet he will be on the field this year at one of several positions..He was a great QB but I think he will find his way on the field in the secondary he was a pretty soild safety.. also a very good WR the UVA coaches where very impressed this summer with his route running espically seeing that he was a QB all in all a first class kid who brings a winning mentallity to this team only 3 losses in 4 years...
Last edited by givemethemic on January 24th, 2006, 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Will probably be a safety, eh?
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
congrats to chris. it is great to see a true student-athlete! i look forward to seeing him play. i know he really was a true leader for LCA.
Future Schedules.... Again

One day, our fans will learn to appreciate the i[…]

Athens Regional

I don’t know how to take that!

NCAA Realignment Megathread

In the FCS world, Richmond is moving their footb[…]

Prayers please

Congrats. What happens next? Finding a fe[…]