Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Seems a little early in the year for reporting. Maybe wants to get a jump on things before camp begins in August. Looking forward to see if he plays this year or redshirts. He is probably our most prized recruit this year.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
We have around a dozen incoming freshmen on campus right now. They're taking a few summer classes to get a jump on the year.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Welcome aboard ELKIN, glad to see you found your way over from the other board!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps Libertine or someone else can answer this: Do the summer school classes right now count toward qualificiation for this coming year or do you start from scratch as a freshman in the fall?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Perhaps Libertine or someone else can answer this: Do the summer school classes right now count toward qualificiation for this coming year or do you start from scratch as a freshman in the fall?
Yes, they count but it won't matter for these guys. By graduating high school with X GPA and X score on the SAT/ACT they're already eligible for college athletics. When taking these classes now will really benefit them will be going into the fall of 2007 when they will have to have completed 24 credit hours to be eligible.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That's what I was getting at, Libertine. In order to maintain academic standing, you have to keep a certain GPA with a minimum number of credits. I didn't know if the annual total begins each school year or if there are certain plateaus that must be reached for each semester on campus. It certainly appears to be a wise call to get in as many summer school credits as possible considering how time-intensive football can be during the fall amongst all the other classwork.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Sorry, I forgot to mention that each athlete also has to carry at least a 2.0 GPA or better. It's not just a matter of passing the class.
Sly Fox wrote:It certainly appears to be a wise call to get in as many summer school credits as possible considering how time-intensive football can be during the fall amongst all the other classwork.
You're right. That's exactly why it's being done.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
elkinftball2006 wrote:he reported saturday!
Ok, so who are you on NCPreps? I've got an idea, I just don't know which one of you it is. There's about 17 Elkin fans over there.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Ok. This name (SuperJon) got blacklisted on there but I'm back under a different name. This is about the 7th name I've had on there because one FBRef finds out it's me he bans it.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Very much so. You say one bad word against him and you're gone.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
i've been speaking to terry on the phone quite a bit and he is really excited about being here? why is he our best recruit?.... stats?
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
LU'sbestmanger wrote:i've been speaking to terry on the phone quite a bit and he is really excited about being here? why is he our best recruit?.... stats?
this started on our old board- will try to get a link to it for you.

try this: http://libertysports.proboards29.com/in ... 1137613583

here's the gist of the initial post by our friend ELKIN FAN:
author=elkinftball2002
Terry will be a true freahman starting linebacker for liberty. In his 4 years of varsity football he won 3 state titles,4 time all conference,2 time all state (lead defense in votes his 12th grade year), 2 time conference player of the year,was in the top 5 in NC for sacks and TFL in 11th and 12th grade. He runs a legit 4.6 forty but has been time at 4.54 has a 475 bench. I have a short video click the link to see what he's about ill post more clips later if anybody wants to see those as well.
http://s19.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0W03 ... EEASVUKISA
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We have several guys who by all means shouldn't be headed to a I-AA school except for injury. So terry is certainly one of the guys I'm most excited about, but we have several guys who could make an immediate impact.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
He played I-A ball in NC (the smallest of the 8 leagues) but he's very good.

Rocco was recruiting him to UVA, I think. Then when Rocco came here, Adams did too.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
yes that is very true SJ.
By Guest
he was offered by nc state
By Guest
Anonymous wrote:he was offered by nc state
then why isnt he at nc state?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Probably for the same reason Jerome Simpson is at Coastal instead of ECU: the chance to play more and have an impact.
By elkinftball2006
Registration Days Posts
because he wanted to go with rocco who has followed terry since the 9th grade
By Guest
elkinftball2006 wrote:because he wanted to go with rocco who has followed terry since the 9th grade
Terry - it is nice that you wanted to follow Rocco, shows loyalty.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]