Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
A small but speedy 2007 receiver who had an impressive day at the Miami Nike Combine is mentioning us down in South Florida:

Justin Bentley
5' 9" 165 lb Receiver
Pompano Beach (FL) Ely HS

Rivals Profile

College Choices (as of 6/19/06):

Florida
Miami (FL)
Michigan State
Rutgers
UCF
Florida Atlantic
LIBERTY

Apparently the last three have all offered. At the Miami Nike Combine he had the 8th fastest 40 time among WRs. Here are his automatically timed numbers:

40-yard dash: 4.50
Shuttle Speed: 4.22
Vertical Leap: 31"
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
he may have a shot at special teams- I could see a guy like that returning kicks with a lot of success. Anybody remember Vai Sikahema?

he's definitely at a disadvantage- size wise, but maybe still growing a bit- could probably use about 25 lbs.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
You don't have to be big to play receiver. If you have speed, can run routes and have good hands you can really excel. Just look around the NFL at all of the small receivers.
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I went to high school right next door to Ely High, at a Christian school, and that is some serious football they play down there. I think he would be a great pick-up for us regardless of his size.
By LU'sbestmanger
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:You don't have to be big to play receiver. If you have speed, can run routes and have good hands you can really excel. Just look around the NFL at all of the small receivers.
how about the best receiver in the league last year..... steve smith. and santana had a great year also
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
Whenever I think of smallish wideouts, I think of Santana and Sinorice Moss. With the new rules regarding CB play, smallish recievers don't get too bullied around after the LOS.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Is there any way we get him over all of those I-A's?
By givemethemic
Registration Days Posts
Like Sly said at the botoom, the last 3 have offered, just because a school is looking at you means really nothing until they offer, heck I was not that good at B-ball and I got letters from a few D-1 schools that were interested and look where I am at
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]