Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Deal twins heading to Liberty U.

By Travis Hubbard
The Herald-Dispatch

INSTITUTE, W.Va. -- Zach Deal hasn't played many football games without his twin brother by his side. But Saturday he'll likely play his last game without Mark Deal on the sideline.

The twin brothers started their high school football careers at Huntington High before transferring to Cabell Midland last fall. Both were starters for the Knights in 2005, Mark at linebacker and Zach at cornerback. They've played nearly 50 high school games and countless youth league games together, but at Saturday's North-South All-Star Classic game Zach will be playing and Mark will be watching.

"It's kind of weird. I kind of felt like he should be playing in this game, too, but that's how things go," Zach Deal said. "I kind of feel, not lonely, but not fully here because he's my other half."

Mark Deal was one of the top tacklers for Cabell Midland last season, while Zach Deal was a first team all-Mountain State Athletic Conference selection and second team all-state selection. Both live to play football. And after Saturday they will play together for another four years at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Va.

The Deals committed to Liberty two weeks ago and will be invited walk-ons.

"We went down there for a visit after spring break and loved their facilities," Zach Deal said Tuesday during North-South media day activities at West Virginia State University. "They are adding on and getting a new weight room and football center. They're adding on to the football stadium, and we saw a lot of improvement there. Hopefully we can earn a scholarship by the spring time.

"We tried to find a school we both liked and had both of our majors. Liberty had both of our majors and we both have a good shot at playing football there. It's a great opportunity."

Zach Deal will major in criminal justice while Mark Deal focuses on business.

"The biggest reason for our decision was when we went down to visit they had a brand new coach and were putting millions of dollars into their program," Mark Deal said in a phone interview from Panama City, Fla., where he is on a summer class trip. "Their new weightroom is supposed to be bigger than Miami's (Fla.)

"Ever since I started playing football I knew I wanted to play college football and play with my brother. We've always been on the same side, both defensively and offensively, from midget leagues on up. I wish I could be playing with him on Saturday, but I'm leaving Panama City early just so I can get up there and watch him play."

Cabell Midland coach Chip McMillian is the South all-stars head coach. He said the twin brothers were tremendous workers and teammates and share a bond that rubs off on their teammates.

"Zach comes to play, and you don't ever have to worry about his effort on the practice field or the weight room," McMillian said. "Both of those boys had a huge impact on their team with their work ethic and love of the game. Wherever they go they won't have anybody that works harder than them."

Zach Deal has already made an impression at the South practices. Nitro coach and South offensive coordinator Scott Tinsley was impressed with Zach's ability to keep up with Nitro wide receiver Chris Fulmer, a speedy national record holder.

Zach hopes to impress a few more people on Saturday. Kickoff is 7 p.m. at University of Charleston Stadium.

"It's a privilege to play in this game and I'm just glad that I was able to be picked," Zach said. "It's a great honor because so many great players have been picked to play in this game."
http://www.herald-dispatch.com/apps/pbc ... 002/SPORTS

Zach Deal

Mark Deal
By Rocketfan
Registration Days Posts
Ill say this....anytime you got two kids with an great work ethic and looking to major in Criminal Justice and Businessill take that.....and see what develops from there, i mean maybe they push guys who are going to be starters to work just that much hard to keep an edge. Gosh just talking about Football, i can't wait till the first game.
Election 2022 and 2024

The swing states will decide the election just lik[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]