Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2020, 2:10 pm This would also be the only team with a winning record LU would beat this year
I'm pretty sure Tech was 4-2 when we beat them. After that, of course, the wheels fell off in Blacksburg. Doesn't NC State have a winning record, too? My little TV says State is 6-3.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 28th, 2020, 3:14 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 28th, 2020, 2:10 pm This would also be the only team with a winning record LU would beat this year
I'm pretty sure Tech was 4-2 when we beat them. After that, of course, the wheels fell off in Blacksburg. Doesn't NC State have a winning record, too? My little TV says State is 6-3.
Did LU beat NC State?
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Looks like we’d be up against A&M vs. Auburn or Indiana vs. Wisconsin. There’s a small chance that Auburn isn’t ranked this week and we are, that would go in our favor. Wisconsin has also only played 3 games, which is also in our favor. We’ll see.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
Another thing that could be working for us is that there will be fans in the stands in Conway. Don't know if that will be the case for the other options. It would have been a better story line for them if we could have beaten NC St. :(
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 28th, 2020, 8:07 pm Looks like we’d be up against A&M vs. Auburn or Indiana vs. Wisconsin. There’s a small chance that Auburn isn’t ranked this week and we are, that would go in our favor. Wisconsin has also only played 3 games, which is also in our favor. We’ll see.
My first thought would be IU at Wisconsin. IU is the feel good story of the year. And if OSU can’t play next weekend they probably won’t be eligible for the B1G Championship. However even though Wisconsin is ranked they’ve only played 3 games and won’t be eligible either.
Auburn and Texas A and am would then be up. And ESECPN likes those match up. Aggies are in the National Championship picture, especially if OSU is out. Gus on the hot seat. People will be there.
LU Coastal has the Upstart feel. Coastal ranked. LU beating Tech. I think there’s a lot of content there. But will it bring a lot of eyeballs? I dunno but can see it happening. This is where having Hugh Freeze as a known entity might help
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
chris leedlelee wrote: November 29th, 2020, 11:23 am College Gameday to the Liberty Coastal game??

Looking at the match ups next week there really isn't one that is notable with the exception of Florida Tennessee.

You’re dreaming if you think they’d pick 2-5 Tennessee’s game over ours. Our competition is Indiana vs. Wisconsin or maybe Auburn vs. A&M.
By chris leedlelee
thepostman wrote: November 29th, 2020, 11:27 am If LU climbs back into the top 25 then I think there a chance. ESPN loves the Hugh Freeze story. So we shall see.
ESPN has already run a special feature on College Gameday of both Hugh Freeze and Coastal Carolina. They have set it up perfectly for a trip over there.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tennessee doesn’t have a great record but it is a rivalry game of sorts.
ESPN does love the Hugh Freeze story though, that’s true.
2 Top 25 schools could be a big draw. While I originally thought the lack of brand awareness might hurt those chances I did recall GameDay does go to at least. 1 non traditional environment a year. Like N Dakota St etc.
I think it’s being discussed
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 29th, 2020, 3:01 pm I'm just happy it is a top 25 matchup. This is fun guys. I think it would be cool for gameday to be there but understand if they aren't.

Doesn't take the fun out of it. Can't wait for Saturday. It'll be interesting to see what network picks it up.
It’s gotta be on the ESPN family. I do wonder if the start time might be moved if GD does show up
By LUAlum1215
Neither time nor network have been announced yet, per ESPN. I bet we end up the noon game on ESPN regardless of what Gameday does. Even with GD, I don't see us being the premier Saturday night game.
By therealbodoyle
Registration Days Posts
rogers3 wrote: November 28th, 2020, 10:26 pm
therealbodoyle wrote: November 28th, 2020, 10:16 pm Image
Seeing bodoyle around makes me think this is just another Big South championship. Welcome! Wish more Coastalfans would stop in.
The BSC and Kallander wish they still had either one of us lol. Know it's going to be a knock down, drag out fight this weekend.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

https://twitter.com/MBakerTBTimes/status/1798077[…]

5 plus 7 model

Boise St gets the ND 2025 game.

Family Travel Obsession

Live a little. Driving in Germany & Italy is t[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now […]