Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
So this possession will tell us a lot about this team and this coaching staff. Any chance we respond? I wish i could say yes but the moxie and aggressiveness we started the season with is long gone.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
D and Special Teams are going to have to take this one on their shoulders. The offense is out of it tonight.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
I agree with the call to go for it but do we not have a full back we can put in to block in short yardage?? Maybe a big tackle to lead the way?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I have watched this entire game. I am finding it very difficult not to post rants about our coaching staff.

I hope someone steps up here down the stretch but this is just another example as to why we can't move forward after this season's with this joke or a coaching staff.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Buckshot's worst game. Also, we are back to where we were last season. So many issues that can go back to poor coaching, preparation and mental toughness. We won't win on the next level with the current coaching performances. If we keep the staff then they need to coach themselves up!
Last edited by ALAFlamesFan on September 30th, 2017, 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By PAFlame
We really got in over our heads after the Baylor win, and this is the stinker we have. Questionable playcalling, and we aren't getting anywhere when we go FBS, especially when the coaching plan is just outrecruit. Look at what Scott Frost is doing at UCF! We need a new coach.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Fire Gill.
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
Starting with Indiana State, we'very gotten worse each game leading to the horrible Coaching we now see happening against an un-ranked FCS team. This type of play and coaching won't fly the next two years.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
All the teams need to do is watch the film against JSU to know how to stop this offense. It's so predictable.

Even if we some how pull out a W I hope this puts the final nail in the Gill era. We're going to be a joke in the FBS with this staff.
By LUinPA
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:They're going to have a hard time filling those extra seats.
And building season ticket accounts....
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Is it basketball season yet?
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
This is a team that should have gone 9-2 this season. I guess they still can, but I'm not optimistic. Everybody else on our schedule now has 2 games worth of film showing them how to exploit our weaknesses.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
This won't be the last loss this season. We show no ability to prepare, make in game adjustments, or motivate our players. Anyone still on the Gill bandwagon needs to get off. Great guy and would love to have him around the team and guys but X and O coaching obviously isnt his thing.
By lawrenceq
Registration Days Posts
ballah09 wrote:All the teams need to do is watch the film against JSU to know how to stop this offense. It's so predictable.

Even if we some how pull out a W I hope this puts the final nail in the Gill era. We're going to be a joke in the FBS with this staff.
But Turner is such a nice guy. We might hurt his feelings.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
lawrenceq wrote:
ballah09 wrote:All the teams need to do is watch the film against JSU to know how to stop this offense. It's so predictable.

But Turner is such a nice guy. We might hurt his feelings.
Dale Layer was also a nice guy!
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
Fitting...
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]