Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
For those who haven't figured out themselves, I am updating the original post int his thread as the day progresses. So consider that your personal scoreboard.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
the wake loss really sucks. the only thing i see wrong with grobe's offense, is that he can be very conservative, and that hurt wake IMO. he could have went for th jugular and did not do it. wake is still a very good team, and will be in the mix in the ACC this year.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
the tribe is clearly struggling, but im sure they will coming out swinging next saturday. we certainly have the talent to win, but let's hope we do not get too cocky.
By thesportscritic
Registration Days Posts
atrain wrote:Dang...what happened to Wake in the 4th?
can you say choke job?
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Our strength of schedule is taking a pounding today.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
Comeon, Sly, we know the "strength" of our schedule is meaningless this year. We all said this new regime and the young players needed this type of schedule to build some confidence. I honestly don't care what the other teams do, until we get to the point where we are a legit playoff contender, a year or two down the road.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps I'm the only one, but I do care. I'd like to think our accomplishments are coming against better competition.
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
After last year, I wouldn't care if our accomplishments came against the Ladies School for the Deaf and Blind.
(I understand your point, though)
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I am very disappointed with Wake and Towson today, especially Towson since they are on our level. Yes I would like to know that we at least lost to quality competition since the teams we have been knocking off are very poor competition.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
Maine is good ... they already won at William & Mary and played Youngstown tough on the road until the second half. It's not like Towson lost to Morgan State. That's not a bad loss.

Wake Forest has been playing over its head with replacements at running back and quarterback, and if they actually make that field goal today, I think they win the game against Clemson.

Those are not bad losses.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
The real season starts next week. Well, it does in my opinion. A winning record in the next six games would be extremely good.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I get the feeling that we could run the table. Western Carolina is not that good (they lost to Elon big today) and W & M is having a down year. The conference games should be wins although we might have a tough one at Coastal. 4 out of 6 games left are at home. I expect us to play better now that hopefully that transition period is over and the injury situation is a non-factor.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'm thinking anywhere from 6-0 to 4-2 over the next 6 games is entirely possible. It rests on the O-line and Brock. If they can play like the 2nd half of Wake, we end the season at 9-2.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Furman and CCU tied at 14, halftime.

Hoke missed a 35 yarder for the go ahead field goal as time exp in the 2nd quarter

now starting the 3rd
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thigpen was 10-14 for 178 yds in the 1st half

Furman QBs COMBINED were 3-8 for 36 yds :shock:

each team had a turnover, but CCU outgained Furman by nearly 100 yds of total offense: 244-149
Last edited by PAmedic on October 7th, 2006, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Hoke missed a 35 yarder for the go ahead field goal as time exp in the 2nd quarter
This kid was absolutely 100% clutch last year. I don't know what's up this year. He never missed last year.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SJ is this game being streamed on the www anywhere? VIDEO, not audio, I mean
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Doubtful on the internet. Comcast Southeast has it on tv, but I don't know of any internet.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
ok- I gotta find that link somebody posted WAYYYY back where you could get the different TV channels online.

Furman needs to get their offense on track here in the 2nd or they are DEAD once CCU gets a decent lead.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Furman now up 21-14 w/ about 10 min left in the 3rd after a 12 rushing TD- 81 yard drive assisted by a facemask penalty on CCU.

also looks like several nice completions of 10-20 yds each as the passing game is starting to come alive for Furman
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I watched a lot of the furman/NC game- this is a team that tends to be VERY stout in the 2nd half. Particularly if they get outplayed in the first half- which it appears they DID tonite. CCU hanging very tough at home.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
3 and out Coastal...
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
WOW- CCU 4th and 8 on their OWN 34, they go for it and gain 13 on the ground to get a 1st down. Thats a Ballsey call right there.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
So much for going by what they're saying on AGS.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Thigpen with a rough series there- fails to complete all 4 attempts in the second half so far: now 10-18 on the night .

Evidently being hurried.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]