Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
Hey, Aunt is back... I do think that Brock is the better passing QB between him and Zach, from what I saw last year.

He had to learn a new system this year...from listening to the game, it sounded like he finally started to get comfortable in the 4th quarter. I think we'll see a TD pass or 2 from him this comming week.

I didn't mind them putting Zach in for a series to confuse the defense...that seemed to work...and I wouldn't mind seeing Zach line up as the HB in the shotgun, it gives the D more things to worry about because he is soo fast.

I think Brock will turn it around...I think Rocco is getting mad to challange him to do better...I'm glad Rocco is mad...he wanted to win. I'm sure Brock was mad, and I'm sure the receivers were mad. The Defense should be unbelieveably mad...

It's good to be mad about losing!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
You certainly can't blame Brock on those 4 dropped balls. He should have had 2 TD passes to his credit but the receivers did not do there part since the throws were right on the money. I will have to admit that the throw down the middle in the back of the end zone was a little hard but the receiver has got to make that play even when falling down. The bomb that was thrown earlier in the game was perfect. All Dominic had to do was to reach out and catch it since he had 10 yards on the receiver (A sure TD). He took a little heat from the LU fans when he was sacked the few times for not releasing the ball but no one was open. The delay of game penalties hurt us some but nothing like the dropped passes.
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
Clarifications:

It was not Rocco that trashed the whiteboard. It was Scott Wachenheim, the O-coordinator. It was also not his whiteboard.

The offense was not strictly to blame for losing the game. To quote Rocco, "We win as a team and we lose as a team." There were problems with execution all over, most notably in the passing game, but there was no one play or player that cost us that game. A catch here and a better decision there and we could have just as well have won that game 24-10 or 3-0. We simply didn't do what was necessary to win.

Please -- and I don't mean to insinuate that anyone is -- but nobody panic. This team came into our house in '05 and crushed us. It was over by halftime. This time around, in their place, the outcome was still in doubt until the 1:22 mark of the 4th quarter. Obviously, we won't be going undefeated this year but going undefeated was never the goal. We went on the road and fought hard -- we didn't fight smart but we did fight hard -- and we came out of it relatively healthy and with a good bit more respect than we went in with. The loss is still a loss but it's a loss we can build on.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
good perspective there, LIB.

(oh, and check your email.)
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
i agree too. I thought that progress is being made agains't a descent team even though it is still a loss.
By auntieann
Registration Days Posts
Thank you guys for making me feel much better. I get a little protective over my nephew. He was raised by his father, so my husband and son and I were like his second family. He did not have a silver spoon and really is a hard working team player. I think you guys have such good insight. I enjoyed watching all of the boys that we read about and watch. I can put a face to all of the people. I cannot make it to homecoming game we will be in California, so I will be listening thru the internet. I enjoy listening to the Jerry and the other Jerry and Jami on the radio. I agree that the players are to good not to be better utilized. Hoping next Saturday ends in a W.... AuniteAnn
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I'm not panicking, either. I think things are looking up. The offense is going to break out of this shell at Savannah State!
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
For your information Towson is ranked #21 in the country. I just have to hope that Towson has a great season from here on out in the tough A10 just to convince me that we lost to a quality program. Right now I am assummed that we did.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
This close...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming WJ, he had some good returns and like LIB said there was plenty of blame to go round... it just proves that football is a game of inches... even the best drop one (see T.O.)

To be honest, I'm not convinced that we fumbled on the late fumble... from where I was standing I'm not sure he ever secured the catch before the fumble... but it is water under the bridge... if we win this week and show well against Wake it will feel like we are National Championship contenders compared to last year.
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
Right, even with the loss and the near misses progress is being made by the football program.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Well I'm glad to see you were keeping yourself busy and that's why you were never there when Jerry would call for you, fsn. :D
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
We need blue away pants
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I agree with you LUConn. Blue pants would look much better than those white ones.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Well I'm glad to see you were keeping yourself busy and that's why you were never there when Jerry would call for you, fsn. :D
Didn't you hear... a Towson Fraternity jammed all the wireless signals... at least that is the rumor floating around facebook ;-)

I doubt that story, but something was screwing up our wireless signal and the coaches too.
By auntieann
Registration Days Posts
I agree with the last pass not being a fumble. Holding call should have been made. I am glad someone else made note of this. I think the exchange was so hard to see and that is why not much was said. I Wake Forest would feel like a bowl victory....
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I thought that the WR (It couldn't have been Wynton) tryed to stretch out after the catch to get more yards out of the play and it was stripped out but my view was not that good on the play. I just remember me pounding the bleacher in front of me with my fist in disgust after I saw the Towson players jumping all around the place.
By auntieann
Registration Days Posts
It was Brandon Turner. I think it was true that it was not an easily seen play. I think Liberty was thinking a flag was coming, and I think it all just happened so fast. I am glad that this year we at least have something that can happen. It is really exciting to have a team that is playing. I am anxiously awaiting Saturday. My son is so into the game after Saturday he keeps reading posts with me. Saturday was the first time in a long time that his eleven year old mind was focused on one event, he did not want the game to end......
By Stevev
Registration Days Posts
I can't wait till the Wake Forest and especially the William and Mary games. I think that we have a chance to beat Bill and Mary if we play well and the crowd really gets into it. Last year's fiasco was just a timing thing. They caught us when we were down after getting embarrassed by Youngstown and UConn and W & M were playing great at that time only to go in the dumper later in the year with 5 straight losses. So it was only fitting that W & M embarrassed us more. This year is different. I don't have much interest in this weeks game vs Savannah St. I am not too familiar with Savannah State as to what they have to offer maybe due to the teams that they play or not being in a conference and other factors. I just can't relate to them or maybe I don't want to.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
fsn32 wrote:This close...

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming WJ, he had some good returns and like LIB said there was plenty of blame to go round... it just proves that football is a game of inches... even the best drop one (see T.O.)

To be honest, I'm not convinced that we fumbled on the late fumble... from where I was standing I'm not sure he ever secured the catch before the fumble... but it is water under the bridge... if we win this week and show well against Wake it will feel like we are National Championship contenders compared to last year.
Maybe it was the glare coming off the pants that caused him to miss that...note to team equipment decision maker--->blue pants or red pants for away.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
No way man. White on white is tough. It's football. We've had enough of the multi-color clown outfits worn during the Karcher era to last a lifetime. I like the new Rocco look.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Now we just need white cleats and a white helmet.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ohh I didn't know that was a REAL picture of WJ. I thought it was the guy StoneHands from Necessary Roughness. I could have SWORN I saw Scott Bacula and Kathy Ireland in the back ground.
By fsn32
Registration Days Posts
Kathy Ireland... wow... the real reason millions of Americans had subcriptions to Sports Ill. Kathy Ireland is still gettin it done and she must be over 40.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I know this is WAY after the fact, but here are the highlights and commentary of our loss at Towson from some students who I fully expected to drop a 'Boom, there goes the dynamite' at any moment.

LU-Towson Highlights
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
wow, that fumble looked a little questionable at the end. Did he ever actually have the ball? I know some folks at the game questioned it but seeing it for myself (with bad camera work) it is hard to tell.
5 plus 7 model

It could happen, Haize. A selfie in front of Moydr[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]