Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
prototype wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 12:08 am If we get a NY6 Bowl, which we should...

Liberty Nation BETTER show up. If we don't fill that stadium - we will never get another big time bowl.

I know this will be difficult, but we have 135K current students and NOW a very large alumni base - it wouldn't be impossible to get 30,000 fans at a game, but we need to show this country we are the next Notre Dame and make the big conferences see what's happening up here.
Pay for my trip and consider attending that game :lol:
By LUOrange
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 11:10 pm
Liberty22 wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 10:55 pm The Athletic is predicting SMU jumps us and we play Troy in the Cure Bowl
They have not been overly impressed with LU in many of their posts, and they have no real argument other than constantly shouting SOS while shouting down everything that would justify it.
The Athletic doesn't like us at all. Their editor tweeted some derogatory things about us a while back and canceled my account. I wouldn't expect any love from them or any of their writers.
rtb72 liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
I think that’s best case scenario. Closest game to center of our fan base. Penn State is winnable.
By Ill flame
ballah09 wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 12:54 am Brett McMurphy has us playing Penn State in the Peach bowl. He’s usually money on his info.
When he reports something I usually take it as fact but bowl projections are the exception to that rule. There are way too many moving pieces behind the scenes for someone to accurately guess who's going to each bowl. He even tweeted earlier today that normally by the Saturday night of conference championship week 75% of bowl game destinations are decided behind the scenes and just waiting to be announced but this year it's closer to 25% with all of the extra chaos.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ESPN+ had published their bowl predictions for subscribers, and sadly they say that SMU will be chosen for the NY6 bowl.

And they are split on where LU will play, but here the two options they give:

LU vs. App State in the Cure Bowl
OR
LU vs. Syracuse in the Military Bowl
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 2:13 am ESPN+ had published their bowl predictions for subscribers, and sadly they say that SMU will be chosen for the NY6 bowl.

And they are split on where LU will play, but here the two options they give:

LU vs. App State in the Cure Bowl
OR
LU vs. Syracuse in the Military Bowl
SMU. P4 brand. :roll: Then as far as I'm concerned, no G5 playing in the NY6 this year.

Why not Troy instead of App. SB don't want that.
By LUDad
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:09 pm I firmly believe that the committee covered themselves by not jumping SMU to the 25 slot last week. The whole point is that this is suppose to a g5 slot. SMU is going P4 next year to the ACC conference. It would be a slap in the face to all g5 teams/conferences to jump a next year P4 team SMU over an undefeated g5 conference champion.
Not only would ncaa ditch their own unofficial policy by recognizing all undefeated conference champions, but they would also be ignoring the fact that our schedule was the result of jumping through hoops to join a g5 conference. LU gave up a lot of lucrative home p5 games that we had contractually earned through 2 for 1's simply to be eligible for this opportunity. It is not a good look for ncaa to now pull rug out from under us. We have never shuned playing strong p5 teams. We have embraced it! Now reward us!
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Troy likely gets the nod. They knocked off WKU 27-24, and WKU was favored to win CUSA. In, addition they're in the same conference as JMU, who was almost undefeated. Gotta be Troy!!!
Kricket, flamehunter liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:34 pm
paradox wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 8:28 pm SMU does have a legit case. We'd feel the same way if the roles were reversed. But LU makes for the better game with the most intrigue.
It is all subjective but there is no case to be made that a good loss is better than a Win. SMUs good wins are not superior to Liberty’s wins

Losses are not > than Wins
Liberty and SMU both have legitimate cases. It's close, but we should emerge as the logical choice.
JK37 liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:Troy likely gets the nod. They knocked off WKU 27-24, and WKU was favored to win CUSA. In, addition they're in the same conference as JMU, who was almost undefeated. Gotta be Troy!!!
:lol: I’m surprised how many people keep bringing up Troy. It makes no sense whatsoever. Neither did Toledo before their loss.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I think since LU was already ranked and SMU didn't completely blow Tulane out of the water they will put LU in. But it all depends on what the committee values and they do like to see how G5s perform against P5s and LU has nothing which makes it tough. But they keep saying wins matter so we shall see.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
LUDad wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 9:17 am
LUDad wrote: December 2nd, 2023, 9:09 pm I firmly believe that the committee covered themselves by not jumping SMU to the 25 slot last week. The whole point is that this is suppose to a g5 slot. SMU is going P4 next year to the ACC conference. It would be a slap in the face to all g5 teams/conferences to jump a next year P4 team SMU over an undefeated g5 conference champion.
Not only would ncaa ditch their own unofficial policy by recognizing all undefeated conference champions, but they would also be ignoring the fact that our schedule was the result of jumping through hoops to join a g5 conference. LU gave up a lot of lucrative home p5 games that we had contractually earned through 2 for 1's simply to be eligible for this opportunity. It is not a good look for ncaa to now pull rug out from under us. We have never shuned playing strong p5 teams. We have embraced it! Now reward us!
I think they’re already going to leave out an undefeated ACC champ, too. I will be a little surprised and very disappointed is left out. But not totally shocked. For two reasons:
1) SMU is very good, and looked very good yesterday
2) Liberty has never received favor from NCAA or media
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
They also have to consider they beat a team with a head coach who had one foot out the door as he took the Houston job. We know all to well when that happens.

Losing by 3 scores to a 5-7 TCU hurts more than it should help. At least to anyone who can take their anti Liberty glasses off.
Last edited by ballah09 on December 3rd, 2023, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
The committee chair has stated emphatically, that what matters most is who is BEST.

So ask yourself: right now, in THIS moment, if LU and SMU were pitted against one another on a neutral field, who would win?

I think it’s Liberty, but it’s close. That SMU Dline was something fierce yesterday.

(What scares me is up until yesterday Tulane had been ranked above LU, but they haven’t looked better than LU for weeks now. So what is the committee watching?!)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 12:09 pm The committee chair has stated emphatically, that what matters most is who is BEST.

So ask yourself: right now, in THIS moment, if LU and SMU were pitted against one another on a neutral field, who would win?

I think it’s Liberty, but it’s close. That SMU Dline was something fierce yesterday.

(What scares me is up until yesterday Tulane had been ranked above LU, but they haven’t looked better than LU for weeks now. So what is the committee watching?!)
4 Best Teams (in no particular order)
Washington
Michigan
Georgia
Texas.

If you want to switch Texas and Bama that’s fine. But Texas DID beat Bama so they get the nod

4 ‘Deserving’ Teams
Washington
Michigan
FSU
Alabama.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
The media is trying there best to get SMU that NY6 bid. They some how, miraculously, jumped 8 spots from 25th to 17th, on spot a head of us. What a joke.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 12:17 pm
JK37 wrote: December 3rd, 2023, 12:09 pm The committee chair has stated emphatically, that what matters most is who is BEST.

4 Best Teams (in no particular order)
Washington
Michigan
Georgia
Texas.

If you want to switch Texas and Bama that’s fine. But Texas DID beat Bama so they get the nod

4 ‘Deserving’ Teams
Washington
Michigan
FSU
Alabama.
Four best:
Michigan
Washington
Texas
Alabama

Four deserving
Texas