Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Doesn't seem to be.

He didn't say this was a sure thing at this point. Just that it may happen. Which isn't breaking news. We have discussed this very scenario on here before the season started.
By LUAlum1215
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2020, 12:17 pm Is Mcmurphy one of those Liberty haters ?
I wouldn't say so. He was one of the first AP voters to include us in his ballot and had us as high as 16 if I remember correctly. Even though he did leave us out this week.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ballcoach has already admitted that it makes his "blood boil" to see some of the Big10 teams with fewer wins ranked above us. Can you image what he will do is some of those "lesser" teams get bowl bids and LU does not?
Could that push Ballcoach over the edge and make him "go postal"? :furious :fight :frustrated
Just John liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2020, 2:57 pm No B10 or PAC 12 team should get a bowl game this season. And I do mean no.
You've heard it from Ballcoach himself: No means NO. :nono :oldhag :nono
By flamesfilmguy
Registration Days Posts
For everyone questioning if Brett is right. Technically he is. But I would say unless we have a mass cancellation of bowl games we should be fine.
By LUOrange
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 30th, 2020, 4:26 pm
ballcoach15 wrote: November 30th, 2020, 12:17 pm Is Mcmurphy one of those Liberty haters ?
I don't believe he is. He was voting for us in his Top 25 for awhile. He seems to be a straigh6t shooteer on Twitter. However, I'll believe us no getting a Bowl game when I see it. Also, worse case schedule BYU. Either way, it's Game 12, and they're a better opponent tan some of the projections.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
LUOrange wrote: November 30th, 2020, 4:31 pm Also, worse case schedule BYU. Either way, it's Game 12.
I like how Orange thinks! :nod :clapping
LUOrange liked this
By LUDad
Registration Days Posts
ESPN/Disney owns 14 bowls this year. They also broadcast many of the ones they do not own. Espn will not cancel a bowl because of lack of attendence. To them, its all about tv content. Everyone loves a Cinderella story. I would venture to say that espn would pass on 3-4 win P5 in order to have that cinderella matchup that they can hype. And while NCAA may allow exeptions this year, they are just that- exceptions-not contractual obligations.
LUOrange liked this
By tyndal23
LUDad wrote: November 30th, 2020, 10:53 pm ESPN/Disney owns 14 bowls this year. They also broadcast many of the ones they do not own. Espn will not cancel a bowl because of lack of attendence. To them, its all about tv content. Everyone loves a Cinderella story. I would venture to say that espn would pass on 3-4 win P5 in order to have that cinderella matchup that they can hype. And while NCAA may allow exeptions this year, they are just that- exceptions-not contractual obligations.
They 100 % will if Tennessee will have10 times the eyeballs watching the game vs a G5. They 200% would if it crowd size wasn’t restricted. Will be interesting to see what happens. If we lose to Coastal I think we also don’t get a bowl invite. If we win and are top 20 them we go - but the arguments and political pressure from major Programs vying to get in a bowl will be fierce. Life ain’t fair...
By LUDad
Registration Days Posts
tyndal23 wrote: November 30th, 2020, 11:04 pm
LUDad wrote: November 30th, 2020, 10:53 pm ESPN/Disney owns 14 bowls this year. They also broadcast many of the ones they do not own. Espn will not cancel a bowl because of lack of attendence. To them, its all about tv content. Everyone loves a Cinderella story. I would venture to say that espn would pass on 3-4 win P5 in order to have that cinderella matchup that they can hype. And while NCAA may allow exeptions this year, they are just that- exceptions-not contractual obligations.
They 100 % will if Tennessee will have10 times the eyeballs watching the game vs a G5. They 200% would if it crowd size wasn’t restricted. Will be interesting to see what happens. If we lose to Coastal I think we also don’t get a bowl invite. If we win and are top 20 them we go - but the arguments and political pressure from major Programs vying to get in a bowl will be fierce. Life ain’t fair...
I like the Cinderella story but you make a good point about the p5 schools. Haven't looked at it, but espn also has plenty of bowl agreements with g5 conferences. Don't think espn would go with 3-4 win g5 over us.
By tyndal23
LUDad wrote: November 30th, 2020, 11:38 pm
tyndal23 wrote: November 30th, 2020, 11:04 pm
I like the Cinderella story but you make a good point about the p5 schools. Haven't looked at it, but espn also has plenty of bowl agreements with g5 conferences. Don't think espn would go with 3-4 win g5 over us.
Right - the number of bowls without auto tie ins is extremely low and the pool of teams is twice as
large. We are on the outside looking in but on the flip side our chances of being paired with a P5 might be better than normal. Would love to play TCU.
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
The NCAA should have never allowed teams with losing records to go to a bowl. Unless there are not enough winning teams.
Regardless of how many fans Tennessee has, if they only win 2 or 3 games, they don't belong in a bowl.
I look for a couple of crummy teams to reject bowl bid, even if they get one.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Nine bowl games have been canceled so far: Bahamas (played in the Bahamas), Celebration (Atlanta), Fenway (Boston), Hawaii (Hawaii), Holiday (San Diego), Motor City (Detroit), Pinstripe (NYC), Redbox (San Francisco), and Sun (El Paso). I expect we'll see some more of the ones played in California canceled over the next couple of weeks, as the various localities and the state itself considers further restrictions. https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... first-1935
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote: December 1st, 2020, 11:26 am They should move the canceled bowls to "somewhere in the South ", and play .
Texas and Atlanta are in “The South” so are the Bahamas. And if you wanna get technical so is Hawaii
By farmfanucdgrad
alabama24 wrote: November 30th, 2020, 12:26 pm
Jonathan Carone wrote: November 30th, 2020, 11:02 am
For all the "G5 Elite" warriors out there, this is a consequence of being independent.

I wonder if it is too late to schedule a late December game with Hawaii?
Hawaii has games scheduled through Dec 12th...maybe scheduling them would be worth it (say December 19th or even 26th) assuming they would want to. There are no bowls in Hawaii this year (cxld) so that totally limits Hawaii's options as well.

Not sure if this year would happen (if even both sides would want to) but I really good idea would be scheduling a series or at least several games over the years with them....every time you play at Hawaii you are granted another extra (13th) game for that season. Going to Hawaii to play them in football (regular game or against another team in a bowl) is an awesome experience for everyone....I went back in August 2010 to see USC play them and also to the Aloha bowl back in December 1991 (Stanford vs Georgia Tech). Going to Hawaii...is a bowl experience in itself. Liberty fans would love.
By Logic
Sounds as though we need to renegotiate our ESPN bowl agreements after this season. The year we’ve had plus our rankings should justify an auto tie-in. We’re far better than a secondary agreement.
ballcoach15 liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

All of this is why I just can’t believe […]

Prayers please

Apparently there's someone that's looking at it to[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

I'll just leave this here: https://www.gazetten[…]

2025 Recruiting Discussion

It's good to see us bringing in some quality recru[…]