Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Tnobes
Deion and others hired at the same time have already hired some staff so yes he should be announcing hires ASAP because current players and recruits and transfer portal kids probably want to know who assistant coaches are going to be. Someone should be posting on his account for him to show action and activity.
Kricket liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Tnobes wrote: December 9th, 2022, 7:05 pm Deion and others hired at the same time have already hired some staff so yes he should be announcing hires ASAP because current players and recruits and transfer portal kids probably want to know who assistant coaches are going to be. Someone should be posting on his account for him to show action and activity.
I agree with the activity part. I don't think it's a great look to have a new head coach looking dormant on social right after getting hired. It shouldn't be on him, get the man a person to handle that but not posting seems like a giant missed opportunity.
By BlueBlood
Yes, it does make me a little nervous that I’m constantly seeing tweets about other new coaches hiring assistants already, but nothing yet for LU. Hopefully he’s getting who he wants behind the scene. Some news would be nice though.
By Tnobes
If he's mostly doing coastal coaches he's probably waiting until after the bowl game (but I think he could still announce that they are coming in the future) but if he's keeping any liberty coaches there's no reason not to make a decision and announce to let recruits know.
By ballah09
Registration Days Posts
It was reported that Austin is out recruiting and that Harris plus Aldridge is with Chadwell recruiting, that’s according to tweets from some prospects. There’s no news with the rest of the coaches which makes me believe that they will get replaced.

I know there’s reports of Harris and Austin joining Freeze at Auburn but I would think if they were, they wouldn’t be out building relationships with prospects.
By BlueBlood
Would absolutely love to retain Aldridge, but I’m not very optimistic. If he were being retained, there would be no reason for Chadwell not to announce that he is being retained. Most would see it as a relief. Freeze said he was retaining Coach Williams in his introductory speach. Also, Aldridge has no mention of or retweets of anything relating to Chadwell.
By Tnobes
BlueBlood wrote: December 9th, 2022, 10:23 pm Would absolutely love to retain Aldridge, but I’m not very optimistic. If he were being retained, there would be no reason for Chadwell not to announce that he is being retained. Most would see it as a relief. Freeze said he was retaining Coach Williams in his introductory speach. Also, Aldridge has no mention of or retweets of anything relating to Chadwell.
Losing Aldridge would be unfortunate.
Just John liked this
By Kricket
Registration Days Posts
Liberty22 wrote: January 8th, 2023, 12:29 am On a related note, it’s neat to see the things Solmaz is tweeting. Things from here, the LTBC, and such. She seems to genuinely be happy to be here!
I agree, it's great to see the involvement. Not to be cynical, but I think it will take some time being around before I'd say any of the Chadwell's are genuinely happy at Liberty. Not saying they won't be or anything like that.

I recently switched employers and I still wouldn't say I fully identify with my current place of employment after a few months. It takes some time to settle in.
Liberty22, LUOrange liked this
By LUOrange
I'm still learning about Chadwell. So far I like what I've seen. So I think he's genuine. But I also felt Freeze was genuine up until the end, when he had to do what he had to do to get the job he wanted. As with most things in life, the ending transition could've been done better. But I'm not upset with him. Disappointed that he's gone and how the NMSU situation went down. But I wish him well and trust Chadwell with the keys.
Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
It's still way too early to tell for me. Freeze has been doing this a long time and was very calculated with the way he spoke. Freeze never would've outright said a CFP berth was a goal or that he promised his wife he would stay here awhile even if those two things were true. He always tried to set expectations low so he would always exceed them. I'm not sure if that makes chadwell more genuine but he certainly set lofty goals for himself and also set himself up for a tough break up if Tennessee (or whatever his dream job is) comes calling soon. Either that means he doesn't think things through very well or he genuinely wants to stay here awhile and build something great. I guess we'll see.
LUOrange, Liberty22 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote: January 15th, 2023, 3:23 pm Either that means he doesn't think things through very well or he genuinely wants to stay here awhile and build something great.
In his first press conference, Chadwell mentioned coming here as a visiting coach for Charleston Southern and thinking that LU would be a dream job for him. And I think he was sincere when to said that.
flamehunter, LUOrange, Liberty22 and 2 others liked this
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
The fact that he took what most would consider a sideways job from CCU to LU when it's pretty clear he would have a shot at a higher profile job in the near future tells me he is sincere in saying this is a dream job for him. I am excited to see where he can take us.
Chippy, Liberty22 liked this
By Ill flame
I hope it is his dream job but he had three very good seasons after inheriting a mediocre team and the best offer he allegedly got was Georgia tech. Thats strange for a coach with his track record. Maybe he decided it would be better to take the safe money now instead of risking it considering how bad his defenses have been at CCU.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Ill flame wrote:I hope it is his dream job but he had three very good seasons after inheriting a mediocre team and the best offer he allegedly got was Georgia tech. Thats strange for a coach with his track record. Maybe he decided it would be better to take the safe money now instead of risking it considering how bad his defenses have been at CCU.
Or maybe he decided LU offers a best fit in terms of his own priorities and how he likes to run things. We don't know him yet, but I've seen him at a couple of basketball games now and he's always engaging with fans. To me so far, he comes across as more genuine when it comes to his faith than HCHF did. The money, facilities, athletics funding and support programs LU has were certainly a draw for him, but I think being in a place that shares the same belief system as opposed to merely tolerating it was perhaps the biggest driver for him. I think it's the same reason why McKay is still here. They're culture guys and see coaching as part of something larger than just a job/career. I think that's what McCaw is looking for in his coaches, both current and future. So far, he seems to be doing pretty well.
flamehunter, LUOrange, Baybird and 4 others liked this
By LUOrange
Chadwell was very good and impressive today. Freeze was also a very good fit. As of today, the only thing that makes Chadwell better than Freeze is that he talks like he truly wants to be here. Freeze was always (especially in hindsight) just temporary.
Last edited by LUOrange on January 19th, 2023, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty22, Purple Haize, TH Spangler and 2 others liked this
By Ill flame
I've been impressed by each of his interviews so far. There were plenty of good coaches to choose from that I think would've done well here. Chadwell may have been the favorite but in my mind at the time he wasn't head and shoulders above the other options. I believe I'll look back on this hire in a few years and realize that he was the right guy at the right time for this program just like freeze was 4 years ago. Freeze built the foundation and I'm confident chadwell is going to be the guy that takes us to the next level and puts us in the conversation as one of the top G5s.
LUOrange, rtb72, CCWMichael and 1 others liked this
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]