Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.
By oldflame
Class of 20Something wrote:While we are on that, a few people were crazy enough to think Wimbo was staying on. Can we officially bury that idiocy?

Obviously we can "bury" the idea, but I'm not sure why you feel the need to insult people. To think that Wimbo would remain as DC would have been idiocy. Nobody was saying that. I'm totally fine with everyone HF chose, but Wimbo as LB coach would not have been crazy.[/quote]

So fervent in your views, but you disappeared when they were challenged. Welcome back.[/quote]

If you call posting multiple times in multiple threads on this forum every day disappearing, I guess I disappeared. I didn't see the need to make a point of saying I was wrong on the Wimbo call. Not the first time. Won't be the last.

You were right.
I was wrong.
Feel better?
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
If you call posting multiple times in multiple threads on this forum every day disappearing, I guess I disappeared. I didn't see the need to make a point of saying I was wrong on the Wimbo call. Not the first time. Won't be the last.

You were right.
I was wrong.
Feel better?

Much! Thanks, pal.
By CCWMichael
#569588 I like the way he handled that presser.
Assembled a great team in my view.
Love the comment about two fCs .. it does add a bit more pressure.

Let's go bowling!
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:Has anyone heard of anybody on "old staff" getting job at another school ?

I have bee following them on twitter and have not seen anything there.
Are they getting offers? Don't know.
Where are they marketing themselves? Don't know.
Big conference in Texas and I would not be surprised if they put the word out hard there.
I am sure they will not post where they are interviewing.
By CCWMichael
Jonathan Carone wrote:We also don’t know if they’re still getting paid by Liberty. If they are, they may not be rushing to find a new job.

And, there is that.
By flameshaw
#569641 If they are perceived by the D1 football community to be good coaches, they should be getting picked up very soon. Will be interesting to see.
As far as them being paid by LU, I don't see that as a reason, any of them should be taking a year off. Yes, they might have a year of salary coming to them, but it is always easier to find a job when there is not a gap in employment. Most of these guys are still fairly young and at least one is HC material, according to some. 8)
By ballcoach15
flameshaw wrote:If they are perceived by the D1 football community to be good coaches, they should be getting picked up very soon. Will be interesting to see.
As far as them being paid by LU, I don't see that as a reason, any of them should be taking a year off. Yes, they might have a year of salary coming to them, but it is always easier to find a job when there is not a gap in employment. Most of these guys are still fairly young and at least one is HC material, according to some. 8)

Make that "2", based on what I was told in middle of season.
By Jonathan Carone
#569648 Most staffs are already completely. And for the guys who helped Freeze recruit through the early signing period, that put them even further behind in terms of staffs being full.
By oldflame
Jonathan Carone wrote:Most staffs are already completely. And for the guys who helped Freeze recruit through the early signing period, that put them even further behind in terms of staffs being full.

With modern communications, job hunting is not the full time job it used to be. I'm sure those guys were pursuing their options while perhaps still hoping to impress Freeze enough to be retained, and regardless of their status for the next year, they were certainly being well paid while they did it.
By Class of 20Something
oldflame wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:Most staffs are already completely. And for the guys who helped Freeze recruit through the early signing period, that put them even further behind in terms of staffs being full.

With modern communications, job hunting is not the full time job it used to be. I'm sure those guys were pursuing their options while perhaps still hoping to impress Freeze enough to be retained, and regardless of their status for the next year, they were certainly being well paid while they did it.

Not all of them. Most off field positions were hourly under Gill.
By Purple Haize
#569802 60%? That was an F when I was in school. At my Sisters HS it was a D-
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:I had opportunity to talk with 2 of our new coaches today. Very impressed.

Who? and<, what impressed you?