Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I’m certainly not trying to pick on anyone in particular here, including CCWMichael.

I have found it truly fascinating how much anxiety everything around the hiring of Coach Freeze seems to have caused among our fan base. It reminds me of the person who goes from broke to rich and is miserable bc all they worry about is losing their money.
I have thought the same thing.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, guys!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:
BuryYourDuke wrote:I’m certainly not trying to pick on anyone in particular here, including CCWMichael.

I have found it truly fascinating how much anxiety everything around the hiring of Coach Freeze seems to have caused among our fan base. It reminds me of the person who goes from broke to rich and is miserable bc all they worry about is losing their money.
I have thought the same thing.

Just enjoy it while it lasts, guys!
That’s what she said.....
By LUDad
CCWMichael wrote:
Purple Haize wrote:
CCWMichael wrote:Random paranoia.
I'm wondering since we pulled in an assistant for the D and nothing higher if Hugh is having problems getting the other coaches he wants with him.
It’s Bowl season. Relax
Deep Breath ...
Conjure Frankie Goes To Hollywood.
All is Good>
Would the fact that Freeze hired a defense assistant seem to indicate that Freeze already has a DC chosen and has collaborated on the hire? Just cannot name the DC yet?
By rtb72
I think you're probably on the right track LUDad. HCHF is not new to this game and I would suspect has been working his vast network. My thought is he has a good idea of who he wants and some who may have already committed to coming. Probably some he is still courting....but I feel pretty confident a coach of his caliber will put together a top-notch staff.
By Class of 20Something
rtb72 wrote:I think you're probably on the right track LUDad. HCHF is not new to this game and I would suspect has been working his vast network. My thought is he has a good idea of who he wants and some who may have already committed to coming. Probably some he is still courting....but I feel pretty confident a coach of his caliber will put together a top-notch staff.
If they cannot announce they are coming perhaps they are on a bowl team staff.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
rtb72 wrote:I think you're probably on the right track LUDad. HCHF is not new to this game and I would suspect has been working his vast network. My thought is he has a good idea of who he wants and some who may have already committed to coming. Probably some he is still courting....but I feel pretty confident a coach of his caliber will put together a top-notch staff.
:dontgetit Golly. That’s an idea no ones said yet
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
:dontgetit Golly. That’s an idea no ones said yet
:brownbag Man, it's late and I'm taking a break from a paper. Study I'm trying to keep up with you guys but my brain is short circuiting somewhere between the Korean and Vietnam wars.

At least I'm still in the same line of thought as you guys, just behind the curve at the moment.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
He said he would hire 2 assistants this week and ¨maybe one more¨. He has 4 more days to hire one guy, and he is right on schedule. Most of the hires will come after early signing day.
By CCWMichael
oldflame wrote:He said he would hire 2 assistants this week and ¨maybe one more¨. He has 4 more days to hire one guy, and he is right on schedule. Most of the hires will come after early signing day.
Who is counting :D
Also, what is Liberty willing to pay for his staff. Negotiations are not always cut and dry. Coach wants said coach but the school is not willing to pay. What are the limitatiins of Liberty? Will just based on negotiations alone will he get choice one or three? This will certainly delay a process as well. Details we may never know.
We seem to be devoid of sources on these matters.
Anyone with sources?
It may not matter for as was stated earlier he has a pretty stoudt pool to select from.
OBTW, What are the contract details on Freeze?
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
oldflame wrote:He said he would hire 2 assistants this week and ¨maybe one more¨. He has 4 more days to hire one guy, and he is right on schedule. Most of the hires will come after early signing day.
Let's pump the brakes here oldflame, this is bowl season that we are going into, so holding to that strict a timeline as fans might not be realistic
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I am confident that Coach Freeze has a plan and knows what he's doing. One morning we will wake up and Liberty will have 10 Assistant Coaches.
By ReadAndAcknowledged
Registration Days
BJWilliams wrote:
Let's pump the brakes here oldflame, this is bowl season that we are going into, so holding to that strict a timeline as fans might not be realistic
By Class of 20Something
ReadAndAcknowledged wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:
8 comments in 11 years? What a great novelty account. I feel like I just saw a unicorn.
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
I sure hope John Madden and Chris Berman don’t show up next :lol:
By Jonathan Carone
thepostman wrote:
jbock13 wrote:I sure hope John Madden and Chris Berman don’t show up next :lol:
classics!
I still can't believe that dude went to my bio class (that he wasn't in) just to watch the Liberty Couple and give play by play on here.
By CapnMac
I would tend to agree with what a few people have said already. I think Freeze probably has some of his staff picked out and has agreements in place, but some of them may be working for teams that are preparing for a bowl game.

I also wondered about how much freedom Freeze will be given with salaries for his coaching staff, but with the resources we have, I don't see Liberty ponying up to get a big name coach and then limiting him by not allowing him to pay for the coaches he wants
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
I believe Coach Freeze is focusing on recruiting right now. Signing day is fast approaching. Get LOIs signed, then there's time to hire assistants.
By CCWMichael
ballcoach15 wrote:I believe Coach Freeze is focusing on recruiting right now. Signing day is fast approaching. Get LOIs signed, then there's time to hire assistants.
And, Freeze did note he wants to really get to know some of his guys and talk to them. Following his recruiting trail may also intersect some intended coaching staff. But, that would be nothing but pure speculation.
I agree with an earlier post that he had his primary list in m ind. He has had two years to work on it. With that he prolly already had his second choices lined up as well.
North Carolina

We had a runner on base in the bottom of the 7th i[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

This was already proposed to the powers that be be[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

I saw 3 of our prospects at Convo this morning. Ji[…]

Oh, the Great Unwashed ... alumni of the Universit[…]