Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.
By Sly Fox
#564948 Image
Brandon Streeter
Assistant Coach/Recruiting Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
Clemson University

CU Official Profile

Twitter

Coaching Experience

2004-2005 - Clemson Graduate Assistant
    2006-2008 - Liberty Quarterbacks Coach
    2009-2011 - Liberty Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach

2012-2014 - Richmond Offensive Coordinator/Quarterbacks Coach
    2015-Present - Clemson Quarterbacks Coach

Playing Experience

1996-1997 - Clemson Backup Quarterback
    1998-1999 - Clemson Quarterback
    3-Time ACC Academic Honor Roll

Charleston (SC) Post and Courier wrote:Sapakoff: From Gettysburg to Clemson, Brandon Streeter groomed for success

Gene Sapakoff
Aug 18, 2018

Clemson quarterbacks coach Brandon Streeter (left) talks with head coach Dabo Swinney. File/AP

CLEMSON — Brandon Streeter took it for granted for years, all those steps between Little Round Top and The Peach Orchard and The Angle. He took so many tours of the hallowed Gettysburg Battlefield as a kid.

“Sometimes it seems like I was there every day,” Streeter said.

He led tours as a young man.

Click Here for Full Story
By Sly Fox
#564986 Brandon is reportedly paid in the $800k range as the highest paid position coach in the country as of a year ago. But if Brent Venables does indeed jump at one of the openings then Brandon is a shoe-in to become Clemson OC. There is no indication that Venables is going anywhere after he shot down his college roommate who is the AD at Texas Tech.
By Sly Fox
#564997 I should know better having to deal with him back in his Swooners days. Sorry for that confusion as Tony Elliott & Jeff Scott are the Co-OCs.
By Jonathan Carone
#565003 Streeter fits the type of coach I think we could get:

Power 5 assistant
Administrative responsibilities
Not a coordinator
Has worked for great culture coaches

It’s the Danny Rocco model with less years of experience.
By Jonathan Carone
Sly Fox wrote:Brandon is reportedly paid in the $800k range as the highest paid position coach in the country as of a year ago.

Not sure where you’re seeing this but everything I’ve found says Street is making $455k base with $95k incentives.
By Purple Haize
#565081 Streeter, who also serves as the team’s recruiting coordinator, will see his salary jump from $430,000 to $455,000.

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/c ... cc84a.html
By givemethemic
#565093 This has been my choice for over a year and I think would be the perfect fit for us. He'll bring back Chad Wilt who is ready to be a D.C after a great run at Army the last 3 seasons. I also believe this would be a pro Liberty staff which would include several former Liberty players who are currently coaching at other schools.
By flameshaw
givemethemic wrote:This has been my choice for over a year and I think would be the perfect fit for us. He'll bring back Chad Wilt who is ready to be a D.C after a great run at Army the last 3 seasons. I also believe this would be a pro Liberty staff which would include several former Liberty players who are currently coaching at other schools.

I like this path a lot.
By alabama24
flameshaw wrote:
givemethemic wrote:This has been my choice for over a year and I think would be the perfect fit for us. He'll bring back Chad Wilt who is ready to be a D.C after a great run at Army the last 3 seasons. I also believe this would be a pro Liberty staff which would include several former Liberty players who are currently coaching at other schools.

I like this path a lot.

Me too.
By cruzan_flame13
jinxy wrote:Lets project it out.

Streeter. Hc
Mike brown rb coach
Dearmon wr coach
Wilt dc
Rojas lb coach

Who am i missing?

If only; a man can dream right? We would become top 30 in 3-5 years no doubt.
By FlamesHighontheTide

Streeter. Hc
Mike brown rb coach
Dearmon wr coach
Wilt dc
Rojas lb coach

Who am i missing?

I would also be DOWN for this grouping of coaches. I loved watching Manny Rojas play and honestly if he brings the same excitement to coaching as when he played then entertained we will be.
By CCWMichael
tyndal23 wrote:If up to Ian I could see him doing this and it would be perfect - JFJR might push for bigger name splash/ Hugh Freeze type. Remember - Ian brought in a HS coach to Baylor...

Ian certainly has some great coonections. It has happened time and time again bringing relatively unknown talet up has been productive. Mike Yurcich is a great example.
By Class of 20Something
#565208 Will Clemson be noticeably worse off without Brandon Streeter for a month?

Is Clemson's staff capable of winning two football games without Streeter on staff?

Is tripling his salary enough to move him faster?
By Purple Haize
Class of 20Something wrote:Will Clemson be noticeably worse off without Brandon Streeter for a month?

Is Clemson's staff capable of winning two football games without Streeter on staff?

Is tripling his salary enough to move him faster?

Who says he’d leave till after the Bowl. Coaches and Coordinators take other jobs and stick around all the time through Bowl season.
By givemethemic
#565217 Good morning Jerry.Jr, I know you read this board. Ian you either read it or have someone with eyeballs on this for you as well. Brandon Streeter is the guy. Perfect balance of coaching, handling the alumni and recruiting. Streeter was here for round 1 and helped get this place to where we are now.

You guys saw first hand how Army's defense embarrassed us back in Week 2. Later in September Army went toe to toe at Oklahoma and should have beat the #4 team in the country on the road. Chad Wilt has played a huge role in the success of Army football the last 3 season. He can recruit and brings over a decade of FBS coaching experience and is ready to lead our defense. Watch how he coaches this Saturday as Army plays Navy. You'll be ready to go tackle someone!

Manny Rojas was one of the best defensive players to ever play at Liberty, you don't need me to tell you how critical he was in helping turn over that mess that Ken Karcher left us so quickly. He jumped into coaching right away here at Liberty, then Richmond, and now Delaware were they are back to being in the FCS playoffs under Danny Rocco (Should have never left him go to Richmond, don't get me started).

You can keep Mike Brown on staff and I bet that you could get Rashad Jennings to get his coaching start with this staff as well. We don't need the big splash for the sake of winning a press conference, we need a staff that will get us ready to shock the world against Syracuse on August 31st in Williams Stadium and then give us a chance to come down to the great city of Raleigh and beat N.C.State in Carter Finley Stadium 2 years from now.

You want winning without all of the drama, this is the best path. Make it happen!!!!!
Last edited by givemethemic on December 4th, 2018, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By flameshaw

Streeter. Hc
Mike brown rb coach
Dearmon wr coach
Wilt dc
Rojas lb coach

Who am i missing?

Kurt Warner QB coach. Plus he has a son that walked on at Nebraska that would come with him. He is a WR though, but he led AZ HS's in receiving his SR year. I know the guy pretty well. He is a great Christian and would be a big name to help recruiting. I know it is probably just a pipe dream, but it would be a good stepping stone for him, if he wants to continue in coaching.
Light em up. :)
By VAGolf
#565251 Streeter is my favorite of all the possible candidates at the moment. No baggage, young, offensively minded, experience developing multiple NFL quarterbacks and if we don't hire him...someone else will eventually.
By flameshaw
#565253 Also know a guy who played in the ACC, coached in the SEC and played for the Atlanta Falcons. He wanted to come to LU at one time and would make a great OL coach.
I am his agent, if anyone wants to get up with him. :) Have your people call my people. 8)
By oldflame
flameshaw wrote:

Streeter. Hc
Mike brown rb coach
Dearmon wr coach
Wilt dc
Rojas lb coach

Who am i missing?

Kurt Warner QB coach. Plus he has a son that walked on at Nebraska that would come with him. He is a WR though, but he led AZ HS's in receiving his SR year. I know the guy pretty well. He is a great Christian and would be a big name to help recruiting. I know it is probably just a pipe dream, but it would be a good stepping stone for him, if he wants to continue in coaching.
Light em up. :)

I doubt Warner would come just to coach the QBs. I see no reason why he couldn´t be the OC as well. I don´t think there is any question as to his offensive football IQ. He would be a huge upgrade in both roles.
By VarsityLu
#565518 As a Flames Club/Varsity Club member, I second the call to pursue Streeter as our first choice. Offer him something he can't refuse. Please, please, please don't consider Freeze or Briles.
By R i
#565850 What is it that keeps Streeter from double possibly tippling his salary and taking HC job at FBS level ? I wouldnt think he is going to be a P5 or G5 candidate at another school for 3-4 more years at best.

Why would he not be interested ? Was he burned by LU ?, Doesn't he think he is ready to be HC ? Has better opportunities ahead of him ?

Come on Coach Streeter, jump at the opportunity and take the cash while you can.
By Purple Haize
#565851 Personally I’d stay at Clemson The prospect of becoming OC at the #2 school in the country is a pretty good deal and launch pad to a P5 gig
By Jonathan Carone
#565854 You don’t leave your alma mater and the second best program in the country unless you absolutely want the position.

I also don’t know if his family wants the Liberty lifestyle. They may prefer the Southern football culture you get at other places.

Lastly, having been here before, he may value being a P5 coordinator over Liberty head coach.
By oldflame
Purple Haize wrote:Personally I’d stay at Clemson The prospect of becoming OC at the #2 school in the country is a pretty good deal and launch pad to a P5 gig

Clemson football has to be an amazing place for Streeter to be, and a tough place to leave. Alma Mater. Win, win, win. An almost sure track to an eventual P5 HC job, and worklng for a fellow Christian who is maybe the second coolest man on the planet.
Last edited by oldflame on December 6th, 2018, 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Jonathan Carone
#565862 You think Liberty is paying $1.5 million for Streeter? I’m not so sure about that.

Even then, money isn’t everything to some people. If you have meaning and purpose while enjoying where you live and making good money, it’s not worth it to sacrifice those other things just to make more.
By flamesfilmguy
#565863 He's OC in waiting. I'm pretty positive he's been told that. He ain't coming here. I wouldn't either. Heck if he plays it right and Dabo leaves when saban retires he might be the next HC at his alma mater
By R i
Jonathan Carone wrote:You think Liberty is paying $1.5 million for Streeter? I’m not so sure about that.

Even then, money isn’t everything to some people. If you have meaning and purpose while enjoying where you live and making good money, it’s not worth it to sacrifice those other things just to make more.

450K +450K = 900k (reported total compensation for next two years at Clemson)

1 million + 1 million = 2 million ( What Turner Gill was earning as FCS coach at LU)

Thats a difference of 1.1 Million Dollars to stay at Clemson and coach a good QB with the hopes you are OC in waiting. As the years go by and hes stuck as QB coach, that number gets higher and higher. With the uncertainty in college football, I would take the money as soon as possible. It takes one group of 19 year old kids accepting couple thousand worth of benefits from a booster and the entire Clemson staff could be let go tomorrow. (well this summer after the National Title)
By Class of 20Something
#565869 It could be barely waiting. If a few domino's fall in the coaching carousel, Jeff Scott is a viable option to pretty much every P6 school. If Streeter is the next man up, that could happen within two weeks for him.
By Purple Haize
R i wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:You think Liberty is paying $1.5 million for Streeter? I’m not so sure about that.

450K +450K = 900k (reported total compensation for next two years at Clemson)

1 million + 1 million = 2 million ( What Turner Gill was earning as FCS coach at LU)

Thats a difference of 1.1 Million Dollars to stay at Clemson and coach a good QB with the hopes you are OC in waiting. As the years go by and hes stuck as QB coach, that number gets higher and higher. With the uncertainty in college football, I would take the money as soon as possible. It takes one group of 19 year old kids accepting couple thousand worth of benefits from a booster and the entire Clemson staff could be let go tomorrow. (well this summer after the National Title)

You make a lot of lousy assumptions. The first being he’s going to stay at that salary. Second that he doesn’t know what his future is there at Clemson. Third, if he’s still a QB coach and getting passed over for OC slots in a couple of years that might say something about his coaching skills Fourth, being at Clemson and playing for a National Title in an environment you love has a value in itself
By R i
#565871 Trying to put a number on it. Ill let you do the assuming. How much money will Streeter give up to stay at Clemson over the next two years ?
By R i
flamesfilmguy wrote:If he’s the OC he won’t be giving up any.

Thats making the assumption he will be OC within the next two years.
By oldflame
R i wrote:
flamesfilmguy wrote:If he’s the OC he won’t be giving up any.

Thats making the assumption he will be OC within the next two years.

And that is a fairly safe assumption to make, even from here, and you can bet Streeter knows a lot more about how likely it is than we do.