Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550706 With our Big XII offense, this might be the P5 we snag this season.

UVa has dismissed two linemen and two just retired from football. They are returning five D Linemen in total including a TE>DE convert. They have three incoming freshmen and one grad transfer.
User avatar
By flameshaw
#550707
Class of 20Something wrote:With our Big XII offense, this might be the P5 we snag this season.

UVa has dismissed two linemen and two just retired from football. They are returning five D Linemen in total including a TE>DE convert. They have three incoming freshmen and one grad transfer.


I will wake you up after we beat them.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#550708 20something, I may be a UVa alum, but I like the :koolaid you're drinking.
By jinxy
#550710 Uva will likely take a step back this year. Their 3 best defensive players all graduated in blanding kizer and brown. Benkeert the qb graduated as well after a very good senior year so they will be breaking in a new qb. Im not sure they have much on the o line as well. I cant pick us to beat anybody outside of nmsu for sure until i see what we have on defense. We were terrible last year and arguably lost 3 of the 5 players we had on d with mckinney turner and mcginty all moving on for different reasons. I do think we have potentially solid corner play anchored by peters and 2 guys that can get after the qb in lemonier and wells. Still not sold we can stop the run.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550712 Jinxy,

It could easily turn into the Baylor game. All offense. I have to operate under the assumption that we will score and give up 35 per game(minus Auburn). I expect a lot of game winning drives. I make no guarantees as to which team will prevail.
By BuryYourDuke
#550727 http://www.liberty.edu/wwwadmin/globals/templates/1912/docs/stats/lufb1705.htm

This “Big 12 offense”?
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550729
BuryYourDuke wrote:http://www.liberty.edu/wwwadmin/globals/templates/1912/docs/stats/lufb1705.htm

This “Big 12 offense”?


I get the point you are trying to make but we out preformed SFU in nearly every statistical category except for scoring.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550731
Jonathan Carone wrote:That’s an important category.


It is indeed. :(

I'm not expecting that we perform like we did against Baylor for every game, but with some help in the trenches, there isn't any reason to believe that we shouldn't have the ability to duplicate it against better competition.

I am sipping on some koolaid but it's a new season with new hopes to be shattered.
By Ewglenn
#550754
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:That’s an important category.


It is indeed. :(

I'm not expecting that we perform like we did against Baylor for every game, but with some help in the trenches, there isn't any reason to believe that we shouldn't have the ability to duplicate it against better competition.

I am sipping on some koolaid but it's a new season with new hopes to be shattered.


“New hopes to be shattered” lol that statement is so true!
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550781 Does anyone know if UVa runs a 3-4 or a 4-3? Might be a smart time to use 3 big men up front.
User avatar
By flameshaw
#550787
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:That’s an important category.


It is indeed. :(

I'm not expecting that we perform like we did against Baylor for every game, but with some help in the trenches, there isn't any reason to believe that we shouldn't have the ability to duplicate it against better competition.

I am sipping on some koolaid but it's a new season with new hopes to be shattered.


Afraid it is going to be that way until............................................. you know. :)
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550790
flameshaw wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
Jonathan Carone wrote:That’s an important category.


It is indeed. :(

I'm not expecting that we perform like we did against Baylor for every game, but with some help in the trenches, there isn't any reason to believe that we shouldn't have the ability to duplicate it against better competition.

I am sipping on some koolaid but it's a new season with new hopes to be shattered.


Afraid it is going to be that way until............................................. you know. :)


I'm young so I can do this all day. Who kicked your puppy?
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550796
TH Spangler wrote:If the Spiders can take them in an off season, so can we. I'm plan to go.


I'd go just to get Bodo's Bagels.

I really am on the fence about that game. I probably won't make a decision until a week out. It's not like Scott Stadium is going to sell out.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#550797
Class of 20Something wrote:I'd go just to get Bodo's Bagels.

That's Yankee food. I'd go for Mellow Mushroom or Wood Grill or Popeye's. I also hear that Cville has Duck Donuts.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#550798
Cider Jim wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I'd go just to get Bodo's Bagels.

That's Yankee food. I'd go for Mellow Mushroom or Wood Grill or Popeye's. I also hear that Cville has Duck Donuts.


I grew up in C'ville. Bodo's, The Flat(a crepes place), Christian's Pizza, and Marco & Luco(known locally as the dumpling place). Lynchburg has better food overall, but there are some tasty places for cheap.
By Ewglenn
#551083
Class of 20Something wrote:
Cider Jim wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:I'd go just to get Bodo's Bagels.

That's Yankee food. I'd go for Mellow Mushroom or Wood Grill or Popeye's. I also hear that Cville has Duck Donuts.


I grew up in C'ville. Bodo's, The Flat(a crepes place), Christian's Pizza, and Marco & Luco(known locally as the dumpling place). Lynchburg has better food overall, but there are some tasty places for cheap.


I’m going to get Bodo’s this morning. They have the best bagels! We are in town for graduation and my in laws live in C-Ville.
User avatar
By Cider Jim
#552501 This quote was in the local paper today.

Mendenhall long has lamented the lack of talent and depth available to him and his staff. Friday, he told the board of visitors only 27 of the 81 players on the current roster are ACC caliber, with that number increasing to the mid-40s when the class of 2018 arrives this summer.


If that's right, LU is playing them at a good time. :football

http://www.newsadvance.com/sports/caval ... 21ddc.html
Last edited by Cider Jim on June 12th, 2018, 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By ballcoach15
#552504 I don't like UVA football, but I think UVA made a mistake hiring Mendenhall,. He should have stayed in BYU country.

But it not bother me if they never win another game.

My favorite quote was Mendenhall saying he wants to play the worst P5 team in the country each year., to meet ACC requirement of one P5 non conference game a year. That comment alone should be reason to fire him. Basically he wants to beat 6 cupcakes to go to a bowl game.
All P5 schools should refuse to play UVA for non conference games. Also all the non ACC caliber players on team should leave.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#552506 Bronco is saying what people think but never say. He has already started to turn that program around. UVA has had two winning seasons in 10 years and both were done in the coaches second year with the program. I think this year will really determine if Bronco is the real deal, but I have a feeling the hoos will excel in his care. NC State went through the same cupcake rebuilding program to start recruiting good depth and now NC State is a top 25 bubble team. Yeah, it sucks to hear a coach SAY they want to play cupcakes but it is a real strategy that pays dividends.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#552511
ballcoach15 wrote:As for me and my house, I hope Boo Hoos go 0-12.


You've made that clear.
User avatar
By cruzan_flame13
#552512
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:As for me and my house, I hope Boo Hoos go 0-12.


You've made that clear.


Yes he has but Boo Hoos? Ballcoach I'm keeping that in my "How to mock my UVA friends for fun" list lol.
User avatar
By Class of 20Something
#552513
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Class of 20Something wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:As for me and my house, I hope Boo Hoos go 0-12.


You've made that clear.


Yes he has but Boo Hoos? Ballcoach I'm keeping that in my "How to mock my UVA friends for fun" list lol.


Wah Hoo Wah can just be substituted with Waah Hoo Waah(with Waah being a baby cry)