Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By rmiller1959
Registration Days Posts
This should be a cautionary tale for us, but I sometimes wonder if caution is even considered when they make decisions about athletics at LU. It's also interesting to note that Briles is WAY more radioactive than McCaw on this issue because he is better known to the public, and he was the closest one to the problem as the head coach.

"Mitchell also said he hopes Briles coaches again 'at some point,' but doubted that it will happen because 'clearly right now society is not going to accept that.'"

Tiger-Cats CEO cites 'tsunami of negativity' for CFL team's reversal on Art Briles hiring

http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... les-hiring
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
If it would be a massive PR nightmare, LU will do it.

#MAGA #MAGA #MAGA
By R i
Registration Days Posts
It is my feeling that Ian wants to separate himself as far as possible from Briles.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:It is my feeling that Ian wants to separate himself as far as possible from Briles.
I hope he has learned his lesson and will make the wise decision to do this.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:
R i wrote:It is my feeling that Ian wants to separate himself as far as possible from Briles.
Matthew 18:21-35

#jesusjuke
By R i
Registration Days Posts
Is that the verse about fleeing evil and not sitting in the seat of the scornful ?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
R i wrote:Is that the verse about fleeing evil and not sitting in the seat of the scornful ?
Look it up. They give Bibles out for free

[youtube]ujYFWX3KBIc[/youtube]
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
flamehunter wrote:
Matthew 18:21-35

#jesusjuke
You need to go through vs 15-17 first.
By libertyfan4life
Registration Days Posts
I'm a Canuck (which I know, is a fact nobody here would care about). Haha. So anyways, here is what I think from a local geographical perspective is interesting to this story. Hamilton, Ontario (home to the CFL Tiger Cats) is just 10 miles drive or just a 10 minutes across the QEW Bay Bridge from Burlington, Ontario, which is Ian McCaw's hometown and stomping grounds.

Yes, it is speculation on my part, as I have no other proof and curiosity than mere geography. However, isn't it a little ironic that doors open initially to the Hamilton Ti-Cats in the first place? I'm sure McCaw probably had some back channel connections into that opportunity for Art Briles to get the Assistant Coach Offensive Coordinator job... before it all eventually hit the fan with the Associated Press and Canadian media, and quickly spiraled out of control to the point of it not happening after all.

Just some quick geographic perspective I think is somewhat interesting to the relationship between Art Briles and Ian McCaw and this recent story and developments.
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Unfortunately, some accusations result in the accused being guilty, until proven innocent. Sexual harassment is almost always one of those. I am not saying that Giles, is, or is not guilty of the accusation. However, this letter does provide him some level of plausible deniability. Will be interesting to see the final results of any court proceedings. Think Duke lacrosse, UVA, etc.
By walksports
I was at the Barnes and Noble in Lynchburg on Saturday (brought my daughter back for us to run the Virginia 10-Miler on Saturday and for her to visit many of her friends) and was thumbing through the book, "Violated: Exposing Rape at Baylor University amid College Football's Sexual Assault Crisis" that was released last month which narrates the sexual abuse by members of Baylor's football team and the university's attempt to silence the victims.

I now would concur with the statement quoted above. I specifically looked at the pages related to McCaw and one thing that these authors reported about McCaw's appearance in front of the Board of Regents was that McCaw said that Briles went over his head to certain regents in renegotiating his 2013 contract.

I didn't (or haven't yet) buy (bought) the book. Yet that detail in an appearance which actually saved McCaw his job at Baylor - with the probation and sanction - would seem to speak volumes against Briles ever coming to Liberty under McCaw's watch.
By Volunteer_Flame
Posts Posts
BuryYourDuke wrote:I'm not sure where I stand on this, just throwing it out. Maybe it's time to face the fact that this isn't the Liberty University that Doc started, and not the LU the vast majority of us attended. It's a different place, for better or worse (probably both). We should probably accept and embrace it, or turn our backs on it at this point. Just don't expect the institution to behave like it might have 20 years ago, because as we are seeing, it won't.
This pretty much sums up my mindset right now. I graduated in 2013, but even during that short amount of time quite a lot has changed (Good and bad). I have said all along that Art Briles will never coach in college again unless its at Liberty University. From a football perspective, this would be a major upgrade since he could have had the Redskins job a few years ago, but this really won't be taken as lightly as the McCaw hire. People hate Briles. I have no idea how involved he was with that terrible situation down in Waco, but LU did their own "investigation" into McCaw before hiring him and felt that it was worth the risk and backlash.
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas b[…]

There’s a cerebral side to the game, which M[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]