Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
That would indicate to me that we have reached a deal with someone else for the conflicted dates on the Grizz's calendar. I am anxious to hear about progress soon. But I understand the careful nature in which we are negotiating these contracts.
By cruzan_flame13
LUGrad2000 wrote:I would imagine that if we are going to horseshoe that end of the stadium, it will be done now.
Glad you mentioned that. I don't see how they can build the visitor/club sport building plus the stadium in 3-4 months. Maybe they'll just build the facility and continue during the season if it doesn't interfere with risks or the season.
By cruzan_flame13
Sly Fox wrote:Stadium expansion will not begin until November at the earliest.
Not including the new visitor/club sports facility? ASR stated that the old visitor locker room will be demolished after commencement to build the new facility before the season.
By Class of 20Something
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
Not including the new visitor/club sports facility? ASR stated that the old visitor locker room will be demolished after commencement to build the new facility before the season.
WSET reported demo before commencement. I'd love to see them do the shoe first but I don't see that happening
By R i
Registration Days Posts
cruzan_flame13 wrote:
I believe ASOR said it would be demolished before commencement, and they would use that room for additional seating. POTUS is coming to town.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
I don't see how anything we build would be ready for not only the beginning of the season, but for the 2017 season at all. I hope they don't throw something up. Really we have until September 2018 to have something ready. I'm sure we could use the FOC for the 2017 for our visitors.

I like what Clemson has in their West end zone. ODU is ok. Troy's is something that would fit our needs.
By ALAFlamesFan
Registration Days Posts
4 months is plenty of time to do this project. We are just talking about a locker room and training space, right? And it will be covered by eventual horseshoe seating so it doesn't have to look like a palace. I am interested to see some drawings.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Well if they start with demo now, even with taking a couple weeks for setting up and taking down the bleachers for commencement, they still will have just more than 5 months to complete the project from demo to finish which should be plenty of time for the home opener September 9.
By Class of 20Something
BJWilliams wrote:Well if they start with demo now, even with taking a couple weeks for setting up and taking down the bleachers for commencement, they still will have just more than 5 months to complete the project from demo to finish which should be plenty of time for the home opener September 9.
Yeah, that's like 4 years of liberty construction time. Also, IPF is almost finished, that manpower on a 1 or 2 story building​ would flash.

The tower, all 225 feet of it is nearly ready for brick in 12 months. Side note, the Liberty Bell and gazebo are gone and strewn hay lays where it was. They're getting ready to hoist it into the tower soon.
By Chippy
Registration Days Posts
Class of 20Something wrote:
BJWilliams wrote:Well if they start with demo now, even with taking a couple weeks for setting up and taking down the bleachers for commencement, they still will have just more than 5 months to complete the project from demo to finish which should be plenty of time for the home opener September 9.
Yeah, that's like 4 years of liberty construction time. Also, IPF is almost finished, that manpower on a 1 or 2 story building​ would flash.

The tower, all 225 feet of it is nearly ready for brick in 12 months. Side note, the Liberty Bell and gazebo are gone and strewn hay lays where it was. They're getting ready to hoist it into the tower soon.
:clapping
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
In short, Im not worried about them getting this done in time for football season this year...and theyll still have time to put in another wrestling room unless they decided to move them in recent months
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote:Yeah. The visiting teams can get suited up in the bus!

I'm sure ballcoach agrees.
BJWilliams wrote:In short, Im not worried about them getting this done in time for football season this year...and theyll still have time to put in another wrestling room unless they decided to move them in recent months
Which is why I hope they take their time and do it right.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
I would hope so as well 2000, Im just saying that with 5 months, including taking time off for the temporary graduation bleachers, they shouldn't have to rush something up just to have it finished. unless we have rain in Lynchburg that rivals the Noahic flood, there should not be any worry about running out of time on this project
By cruzan_flame13
BJWilliams wrote:I would hope so as well 2000, Im just saying that with 5 months, including taking time off for the temporary graduation bleachers, they shouldn't have to rush something up just to have it finished. unless we have rain in Lynchburg that rivals the Noahic flood, there should not be any worry about running out of time on this project
Noahic flood, good one :lol:
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Im not sure if that is the correct term, but basically unless we have rain 5 days out of every week from now until September in Lynchburg, there is no reason to just toss up a shoddy build on this new visitors locker room
By cruzan_flame13
BJWilliams wrote:Im not sure if that is the correct term, but basically unless we have rain 5 days out of every week from now until September in Lynchburg, there is no reason to just toss up a shoddy build on this new visitors locker room

I'm sure they'll build a nice Jeffersonian type facility, especially fantastic club sports rooms and possibly offices. I'm feeling the horseshoe will be a medium and upper deck so the facility will still be visible. Another idea that is possible is that the facility will be covered but there will be open space which the visitors can hear the roar of the spectators/crowd. I just hope they add another scoreboard on the south side.
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts

Yep and just plant a few port-a-potties outside the bus along with a white board and a red marker and they're good to go.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote:

Yep and just plant a few port-a-potties outside the bus along with a white board and a red marker and they're good to go.
:lol: 8)
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]