Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By cruzan_flame13
If this is true, then that will be awesome! I don't think 2018 will be as bad as we think it might be. I'm not saying it will be very awesome either. I do think 2018 will be sort of the experiment season with the teams that we desperately need to fit the 3 FBS home games that is needed. I can't wait to see the 2018 schedule but I'm hoping for a better class for 2018 than this year.
By R i
Registration Days Posts
VAGolf - That leaves Navy and Air Force. Air Force has one opening in their schedule, while Navy has 3 non conference games, 8 conference games, and army in December scheduled already. I do not see Navy being a possibility in 2019.
By VAGolf
Registration Days Posts
Navy has one opening remaining, and that opening is likely an away game.

Air Force has one opening for 2019 and that is likely a home game.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:Rutgers cancelled their 2018/19 home and homes with Miami.
That would be a solid and bigly pick up
By SumItUp
Registration Days Posts
New Mexico (Mountain West) or New Mexico State (independent)? I assume you mean the MW school since you listed ABQ. I'm not seeing it listed on FBSschedules.com on any of the future schedules.

NEVER MIND - I see the tweet now.
By cruzan_flame13
SumItUp wrote:New Mexico (Mountain West) or New Mexico State (independent)? I assume you mean the MW school since you listed ABQ. I'm not seeing it listed on FBSschedules.com on any of the future schedules.

NEVER MIND - I see the tweet now.
What does the tweet say? I'm asking because I don't have twitter and I don't know what ABQ or LYH stands for.
By cruzan_flame13
ballah09 wrote:Albuquerque and Lynchburg.

I heard Liberty has the 3 FBS home games schedule for '18. I don't have names though.

That makes sense, thanks ballah.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Will LU be playing in the Walter White Bowl?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:New Mexico will be a nice road trip. I might drive out there.
Take an RV. Let Jesse cook!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
ABQ is generally a really cheap flight from Houston (wanna get away?). But I might use that as the excuse I have been looking for to work in a stop at Big Bend and possibly Carlsbad Caverns for a family roadie.
By LUGrad2000
Registration Days Posts
ballcoach15 wrote:I would love to see Army come to the mountain.
I was at the Chuck South game this past year and aside from getting embarrassed on the field, the Military appreciation program was mostly well done. I could have done without Billingsly singing Lee Greenwood though. If we were hosting Army, I could see us putting something really nice together for them. I would make sure to be there and it is very difficult for me to make it up very often.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
LUGrad2000 wrote:
ballcoach15 wrote:I would love to see Army come to the mountain.
I was at the Chuck South game this past year and aside from getting embarrassed on the field, the Military appreciation program was mostly well done. I could have done without Billingsly singing Lee Greenwood though. If we were hosting Army, I could see us putting something really nice together for them. I would make sure to be there and it is very difficult for me to make it up very often.
I love that we have the Military Appreciation every season. I just wish we would freshen the script a bit. It's been the same thing now for several years.

I especially enjoy the recognition of the military while their particular service anthem is played and of course the big flag unfurled. It's always good to hear Doc recite "There's Always Been a Soldier". But maybe Charles singing God Bless the USA and the recreation of the flag-raising on Iwo Jima could be changed out with something else for a little something different. A low fly-by of a couple of screaming fighter jets is always cool.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Like many of you, I am hearing third hand that much of our 2018 & 2019 slots have already been filled. But as a reminder of the fact that right now is prime schedlue-making season, take a look at what sits on FBSschedules.com right now:

It took a Freedom of Information Act request to rveal our New Mexico series. It may require more of the same to discover anyone else on our lineups for the next two years.
By Chris Lang
Registration Days Posts
FOIA, of course, is useless with private schools. But if there are any other state schools involved, certainly you can hit them to find out the information.
By Class of 20Something
Chris Lang wrote:FOIA, of course, is useless with private schools. But if there are any other state schools involved, certainly you can hit them to find out the information.
So we can hit the likely suspects, UMass, NMSU, and the academies. Then hit the 30 FBS schools within a 6 hour drive. I would wait another month or so to let the ink dry on a few. Could systematically hit Va then each bordering state. There are rumblings that we are not shying away from P5 scheduling so we shouldn't limit the search to G5 schools.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Keep in mind that there are advantages for te schedulers to not have everything public. While we love the info, it is something to factor into any such endeavors.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote:Keep in mind that there are advantages for te schedulers to not have everything public.
Yeah, let's get the ink dry first. :lol:
Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

Just remember that fine academic institution, Lo[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

Half of the ads are about how Bob Good is tough on[…]

G5 Playoff Only

I would be OK with the top 2 G5 conference champio[…]

Some statistics

Of our 6 returning starters, only Roupe is hitting[…]