Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
Great to meet everyone. A special thanks to bigsmooth for being the chef and to GMTM for the grill and rounding up the tables. Everyone contributed and it was a great time. Now if we could have only won the game.
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
Hey I just wanna say it was great to hang with yall yesterday (I wasn't hard to miss in my band uniform) it was great to meet flameshaw, TDDance, to reintroduce myself to jcmanson and absturgill, and to meet the mysterious PAMedic everyone kept talking about (and his lovely wife). It was good as always to see GMTM, ATrain, bigsmooth and Numba1indahoodG. Hopefully this will be even bigger next year.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
Guys, I am glad you got to meet some of my old teammates. It was great seeing you guys. HBFlame, I forgot to sign your kids foreheads :lol: . My pix are on FACEBOOK if you want to see them.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
It was great finally meeting all of you guys. Flameshaw thank you for setting this up. Smoothie thanks for feeding my kids (sorry about the Hoos as well - not really but you are such a good guy I didn't celebrate in their misery like I normally do). SCAR - my kid saw your jersey and now I am on the hook to buy one. I'm sure you are better on D than your buddies gave you credit for. ABsturgill - hope to see you in DC for some hoops this winter. Medic and wife - nice meeting you both and we need to lead the charge to get the Flames some football dates in the Keystone state. Atrain, BJ, JC it was great meeting you guys as well. BJ my kids thought the band was excellent. SuperJon thanks for giving us a laugh with the Jerry hot dog bit. I was half tempted to go to the alter at the invitation this morning and ask him if the dog was prepared to his liking.

I hope Beasley gets a shot and hits a game winner this year. I really felt for that guy yesterday. We outplayed those guys and our team has come a long way under Rocco. The awesome thing is I believe this is just the beginning for Liberty football. This Saturday was a glimpse of what I think we can come to expect interms of effort, from the team and fans. We all have to remember that last year we were BAD. This is a journey. I felt sick about the loss - I tried to kick a dog on the way back to the hotel but missed wide right. But then when you stop and think about things in terms of improvement you have to feel somewhat satistfied.

I'll post more thoughts on the game once I get some sleep. I am fried. My kids were crazed on the trip home tonight. Good news is we are all coming back next weekend for GWU. My wife is hooked on the Flames now. SCAR - I'll bring my sharpie.

Thanks again to everyone. Who's in for this weekend?

Go Flames!
By jimflamesfan
Registration Days Posts
I'm in...probably bring 3 with me next week. Are we going to tailgate again? We need to start a thread for this.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote: Good news is we are all coming back next weekend for GWU. My wife is hooked on the Flames now...Thanks again to everyone. Who's in for this weekend?
have your wife call my wife :mrgreen:

wish I could join you guys, but I'd REALLY be pushing my luck.

Great to meet you as well- and it was generally agreed your Nike sweatshirt was the class of the tailgate.
Order me one in M (for manly :lol: )
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon thanks for giving us a laugh with the Jerry hot dog bit. I was half tempted to go to the alter at the invitation this morning and ask him if the dog was prepared to his liking.
I still haven't seen a freaking picture of that.
By HarrisburgFlame
Registration Days Posts
That Nike shirt was an ebay purchase back about three years ago. The guy selling those used to post here. I think his name was trbcer. If I ever see any I'll pick one up for you. Your wife is a sweetie Medic - I really enjoyed meeting you both. My wife is a trooper - my kids are generally good at the games (oldest one follows everything) but it is still a on of work. This was our second game where we took the whole clan (Towson was the other). I have to hand it to her - she's a winner when it comes to letting me get my football time.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I'll be there but I think that was a given.

We did our tailgate right. That's how football games are supposed to be. The only problem is I have to find a grill and some guys to tailgate with for next week.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
You know I'm in.

If we can find a grill and some food. I am a broke college student, my ten bucks in the hat last week was my ration for the month.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I have some hot dogs and can get a little bit of food (pay day is Friday). The grill is the biggest problem.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
We can go to Hardees and get burgers.

Medic finally experienced a burger from there on Friday night.
By TDDance234
Registration Days Posts
If we get it from Hardees, does it still count as 'grilling'?
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If we're hanging out in a parking lot before a football game, yes.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SuperJon wrote:We can go to Hardees and get burgers.

Medic finally experienced a burger from there on Friday night.
yeah and I'm still trying to rid my system of that one, if you know what I mean
By BJWilliams
Registration Days Posts
HarrisburgFlame wrote:It was great finally meeting all of you guys. Flameshaw thank you for setting this up. Smoothie thanks for feeding my kids (sorry about the Hoos as well - not really but you are such a good guy I didn't celebrate in their misery like I normally do). SCAR - my kid saw your jersey and now I am on the hook to buy one. I'm sure you are better on D than your buddies gave you credit for. ABsturgill - hope to see you in DC for some hoops this winter. Medic and wife - nice meeting you both and we need to lead the charge to get the Flames some football dates in the Keystone state. Atrain, BJ, JC it was great meeting you guys as well. BJ my kids thought the band was excellent. SuperJon thanks for giving us a laugh with the Jerry hot dog bit. I was half tempted to go to the alter at the invitation this morning and ask him if the dog was prepared to his liking.

I hope Beasley gets a shot and hits a game winner this year. I really felt for that guy yesterday. We outplayed those guys and our team has come a long way under Rocco. The awesome thing is I believe this is just the beginning for Liberty football. This Saturday was a glimpse of what I think we can come to expect interms of effort, from the team and fans. We all have to remember that last year we were BAD. This is a journey. I felt sick about the loss - I tried to kick a dog on the way back to the hotel but missed wide right. But then when you stop and think about things in terms of improvement you have to feel somewhat satistfied.

I'll post more thoughts on the game once I get some sleep. I am fried. My kids were crazed on the trip home tonight. Good news is we are all coming back next weekend for GWU. My wife is hooked on the Flames now. SCAR - I'll bring my sharpie.

Thanks again to everyone. Who's in for this weekend?

Go Flames!
Why thank you HF. The band had a great show this weekend. Dr Kerr even was nice enough to give us today off...course now we gotta work about 50 times harder Wednesday and Friday for this weekend's performance (Especially with the Band Hayfest on Friday night)
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
Well, my wife and I stayed in the burg until Sunday afternoon. So, I'm finally able to get on here. I've been craving flamefans.com all weekend! Good to meet you Smooth, Hburgflame, atrain, flameshaw, and good to see SuperJon, GMTM and SCAR again! Had a great time at the tailgate. I wanted to stop by after the game, but I didn't feel like reminiscing it right away. I've had almost 48 hours to think about what transpired on that field. It hurts. Anyways, I hope we can all do this again, and hopefully this year.
Last edited by jcmanson on October 16th, 2006, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By TIMSCAR20
Registration Days Posts
JC. Great to meet Mrs Manson as well. It was good seeing you guys. I plan on at least driving in for the game next weekend even if I don't stay the entire weekend. Hopefully we can tailgate again and have a pretty decent crowd. That atmosphere was priceless and the weather was perfect. I had so much fun in spite of the outcome. Medic was losing his mind and was unconsolable at the end. Good thing Mrs Medic was there or he might have killed himself after that last miss :lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SMOOTHIE and I had to hug just to make it thru the night.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
CAREFUL! that's how rumors get started! :D
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Look at the things iced tea leads to: man hugging.
5 plus 7 model

Process of elimination... Why is ND left with 2 g[…]

Prayers please

Oh say no more. I'll be praying even harder now :[…]

Family Travel Obsession

We'll do cruises when our legs and backs don't[…]

The COVID-19 Megathread

Fauci Hearing 10 am today. https://oversight.hous[…]