Anything and everything about Liberty Flames football. Your comments on games, recruiting and the direction of the program as we move into new era.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke, Class of 20Something

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
puhleez.

CCU is nowhere near Wake caliber, and I doubt even close to Towson caliber.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
But they can pass. We can stop their run, we should be able to run on them. We have to stop their passing game to win.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Count me among those who feels we have played the toughest two teams on our schedule. I strongly believe every game the rest of the way is winnable. Every game. Western Carolina and W&M are both quality teams but both have proven they can be beat. I know I'm talking big just hours after a 20-point loss. But today's offensive production has me believing once again. We cerytainly need to play better pass defense than we did today. But I think we need to give a little credit to the Deacons in that regard.

I watched some of William & Mary's game today on the web (thanks to viidoo) and they didn't appear as strong as they did year ago. If we can keep Elijah Brooks in check we will win.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
agree with the Texan. Yes, we lost. To a very solid I-A team. A week after holding a top-20 I-AA team to their lowest output of the year.

IF WE PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL, I just don't see how anyone in the BSOUTH presents a credible threat.

LIBERTY FOOTBALL IS BACK.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
Before I say stuff like that, I want to see us be able to move the ball on the ground against a good opponent and stop the pass. If we can do those two things, we'll be very good.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
PAmedic wrote: IF WE PLAY TO OUR POTENTIAL, I just don't see how anyone in the BSOUTH presents a credible threat.
If I lost 20 pounds, I'd be good looking. Today was our closest to a full game we've had. I was impressed by the end of the game. I just want to see us put a good four quarters together. If, and that's a big word, we do that, we will be very hard to beat.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
We stopped the pass just fine against an above average Towson passing attack. We were simply outplayed today. We need to play better in coming weeks and I fully expect us to do just that.

Now that Brock is getting on track, expect Rashad to find more holes. Wake knew we were going to try and run it up the middle in the first half because we couldn't throw it. That's why Rashad stood practically no chance. By the time Brock found his groove, we were so far in the hole that we didn't have the luxury to run it much. If Brock plays the rest of the way like he did today after that INT, then Rashad is going to have a big second half of the season.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I realize I'm playing armchair coach and I absolutely love Coach Rocco and everything he's done for us. With that being said, I HATE handing the ball to Rashad in the shotgun. I also wish we'd run on the outside. Or at least try to.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
The handoff out of the gun was awful to watch today. Rashad needs a head of steam to be really effective.

Did anyone else notice G-W's 23 unanswered points after the half helped them to rally past SE Louisiana? That's a nice victory for the Big South.

Frankly all things considered the Big South did OK today. CSU avoided the humiliating loss at home while VMI absorbed the beatdown from JMU we all expected. But G-W and CCU held up their end of the bargain while we far from embarassed anyone today at Wake. After last week's disastrous weekend, we have to look for rays of sunshine wherever we can in the Big South.
NCAA Realignment Megathread

Wow, that's kind of wild.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/10[…]

Athens Regional

Changing speeds to the key to pitching. Escobar […]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We have quite the battle for second place going on[…]