This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Most of these posts were made seven years ago when the family attempted a lawsuit against the school. No doubt it was and is a desparate situation for them. Please remember that context #10.

That said, my post 7 years ago was insensitive and I'm sorry about it. My hope and prayer is that he makes a complete recovery, although the odds are not in his favor at this point. God bless his parents for what they're doing.
By rogers3
Registration Days Posts
#10 wrote:No doubt about it...Marlon knowingly and deliberately did a lot of things it hurts us to talk about.
No doubt about it...Marlon is living a hell on earth.
No doubt about it...Marlon's parents life has been over for the last eleven years with no end in sight. They work different shifts so that someone will always be there to care for him. They come home to their second job - a never ending one. Marlon doesn't get bed sores or diaper rash or infections. His body gets massaged. His feeding tube gets cleaned. Day after day after day. There is no response. They don't know what he is thinking...can he think ? Can he pray ? Can he hear ?
There is no money. There is no free time. There is no resentment. There is only love for their son.
Have you ever been spared of consequences ?
How about we show the Roman's some Christian Love .... spiritually and fiscally . Isn't that the whole purpose of LU ?
I remember the event, living very close by that area. I remember wondering why anyone would go out on that trestle and how he must not have been thinking. I never saw the consequences until today. It is hard to believe so much time has passed and I wonder how, as a parent, I would ever handle something like that. Their family certainly needs prayer and support.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Looking at the list of donors, its always good to see Flames alumni supporting each other. Paul Troth and Manny Rojas are on that list.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]