This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

If it were given to you for free would you sport an LU tattoo?

Already have one
No votes
0%
I would never get a tattoo of any kind
77%
Maybe if I was assured the logo wouldn't change again in 2 years
23%
I've already got plans to get one
No votes
0%
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
I was thinking about this since Tribal design tattoos are all the rage and our logo is somewhat derived from that.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
crap, I forgot to add a "yes" option and it's uneditable. Oh well. I'm sure you'll figure something out.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Perhaps its just because I'm an old hag, but tats have never done anything for me.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I like my body art-free
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
"'You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the LORD." Lev. 19:28
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
Careful with using Leviticus as a reference:

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)
By jcmanson
Registration Days Posts
I knew I was going to get a response like that :)
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
what's funny is I had a 5th option "it's a sin!" that didn't make in on the poll for some reason. Liberty and everything related to it is so predictable.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
If my parents would still pay for college thens ure. I want two tattoos, just mom and dad won't pay for college if I get any.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I have one for my daughter, planning on one for my stepson and definitely would consider it.

There is some great art out there which in NO WAY brings shame or dishonor to what I believe in.

Bottom line- body art needs to have significance and/or meaning- or you're just a poser anyway (like a guy in khacki's riding a Harley)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I would want some version of this:

on my left bicep. It's what I call the SuperJon symbol. It's been a nickname since 10th grade and people all across NC know me as that.

I'd also want some type of cross tattoo (I've drawn different ones before) on my right shoulder blade.

There are a few others I wouldn't mind getting. However, like I said, mom and dad stop paying for college if I do.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
The Senior laden Cross-country team from 1997 all sported LU XC tattoos that were the Icarus/Track Foot with Flames instead of the wings...kind of in the same fashion as the Michigan Track team with the "M" tattoo (cf the book, Sub 4:00 Mile, Alan Webb and the Quest for the Fastest Mile.)

Not sure if the tradition has carried on since then to the current crop of runners.
By SeoulFlame
Registration Days Posts
I am a couple of tats, and I was thinking about if I would get and LU tat. Still haven't decided. I think we should do a little wager on who will get one first. :D
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SJ!
no doubt about it.

I'm thinking "LUnatics" in gothic text accross his newly shaved bald head.

(sorta like the ol' "Beserker" tats the punk rockers used to get.)
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I thought about having "Pride" and "Passion" across my ankles in a script font.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
plenty of space down there.

(OH NO HE DIH-INT!)

oh yes I did.
By Jasmen8182
Registration Days Posts
Yeah, I've heard of some interesting things.... Besides just not fitting the "Motorcycle Mama" image, I have other reservations. The guy who worked on my friend was high when he met w/ him abt. a design. The group I sometimes rode with had nice ones like Indian chiefs.... One had a fairy and her boyfriend had similar on chest w/ focal pt. being pierced nip. Just chalk it up to another period of growth where God looked out for me while I was wrong in some ways for the sake of "balance"/relating. I don't mind seeing them as long as they aren't real crude/evil-looking.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
JAS- do ya know anyone that has a 1200 Sportster in good condition that they want to part with?
2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be be[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]