This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
PeterParker wrote:That picture brings up a point that threads back to logos...they worked so hard to get the required signatures or whatever it was to get the VA DMV to issue that plate with the old logo...do you think that they want to stay with that one, or try to change it over to the new one? Any takers?

I think it would be nice to have the athletic logo as an option. The logo would have to be small though due to the logo itself being so wide.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
i hope the athletic logo will be available. i am looking to get a persoanlized plate soon.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I got the old logo plate...not really wanting to pay $$$ to change it again.
By El Scorcho
Registration Days Posts
I actually don't think the new logo scales very well; at least not down to smaller sizes. I've noticed the same thing when it gets squeezed down to fit into the on-screen graphics during televised games. I'd like to see something other than what's on the plate now, even though I already own one. I just don't think that one is very visible from a distance.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
I agree that the logo loses its look when scaled down. Perhaps Proto can unleash a secondary logo that will go better on license plates and for use on TV when small graphics are used.
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I also have the LU plates. For consistancy sake it would be nice to have a revized logo but for the ability to be read while driving down the highway, the larger and simple "LU" does the trick. I acutally also like the mean looking eagle on it. A fresh version would be nice but what we have isn't all that bad. It looks as good as other college plates I've seen.
By Flamesfanva
Registration Days Posts
What's on the current plate isn't bad, but it would be nice to have a logo that really does identify LU. I don't know anywhere on campus where you will find that logo that is on plates. Anyone know? You can certainly find VT's and UVA's logos that are on their plates on their respective campuses.
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
Some options for varsity lettering Ideas:

ImageImageImage
By TallyW
Registration Days Posts
I appreciat the effort.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]