This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
My 5 year old daughter just came in and said "Hey! That's Swiper!" She thought it was really cool and I thought you should know.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
don't encourage him.

(and yes, its the first thing my 6 yrd old stepson noticed as well)
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Ahh, man!

:lol:
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I believe thats

"Swiper, no swiping!"

"Swiper, no swiping!"

"Swiper, no swiping!"

"awwwww, man!"
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
"You're too late. You'll never find it now!"
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
SLY, we have just lost the majority of the rest of those on the board!
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
No, I just think you're gay now. Either way...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I think our familiarity with SWiper is about as strong of proof that we are indeed straight that I can think of.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'll rent you a 6 yr old for a week and you will get an understanding of life as you've never known it before. Make that a 6 yr old AND a 2 yr old Jack Russell.
By SuperJon
Registration Days Posts
I wasn't saying gay is in "not straight" but moreso in the "just plain dumb" way. Yes, I understand you have kids and quite frankly, those songs are yet another form of birth control.
By phoenix
Registration Days Posts
cheerbren wrote:My 5 year old daughter just came in and said "Hey! That's Swiper!" She thought it was really cool and I thought you should know.
lol

My daughter had the same reaction when I first signed onto this site. It was pretty funny.

She gets mad at me because I root for Swiper whenever she watches Dora. Maybe that's why she doesn't watch it quite as much anymore...
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm personally down with the Grumpy Old Troll who lives under the bridge.
By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
That song 3 will be in my head forever "I'm a grumpy old troll that lives under the bridge!"
Sorry I brought it up!
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
If you want to come over, all you have to do is this ... all you have to do is this. SOLVE MY RIDDLE!
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
Swiper isn't the only children's character that Sly stole his identity from. I recall a certain Battle Beast by the name of Sly Fox. Oh, would you look at that, here he is, another piece of Sly's identity crisis:

By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
Anyone else notice that the complete season #2 of THUNDERCATS is now available on DVD?

(and no, Mrs2b won't let me buy it)

"THUNDERCATS, HOOOOOOOOOO"
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I'm clearly bipolar.
By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
Clearly. What channel are you affiliated with in Houston? My oldest daughter catches me on this and sees you live in Houston where she sees her dad and would love to watch you.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
I now work for KPRC Local 2, the NBC affiliate. I'm only on the air from time to time doing a story filling in on the anchor desk covering vacations. I used to be the main guy on News 24 Houston until it pulled the plug. Most of my work now is making the other guys look good.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
can I PLEASE post your pic? I can't reveal my source but its VERY "anchor-person like" with a Brill-cream type flip ("a little dab will do ya")
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Easy now ... Ithe hair is part of the "uniform" in my line of work.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
thats a "yes"? we can post it?
By Libertine
Registration Days Posts
We talked my brother and his wife into taking our 3-year old to see the stage version, "Dora Live!" in Roanoke. He came home with every character in stuffed animal form (except, of course, Diego. Nobody likes Diego).

This is all we heard for the next week:
"I'm the map
I'm the map
I'm the map
I'm the map
I'M THE MAAAP!"

Good times.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Bridge, Mountain, WATERFALL!!

I wish Boots would just go barefoot. That would solve so many of their problems.
By cheerbren
Registration Days Posts
You all know way too much about Dora and all her friends! :lol:
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]