This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
It's Liberty UNIVERSITY! Not Liberty College. I've been reading a lot of stuff about McCain and this now contraversial speaking engagement and I just have to say Liberty College just sounds like some small pint seminary with 500 students. I know people don't know any better and they dont mean it but it just sounds like it's disrespectings us. End of rant.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
I'll second that emotion. I know we've had this conversation before, and people disagree w/ me- but I'm certain its done purposely w/ the intent of "inadvertently" belittle LU.

and I completely disagree w/ the assertion that we are a relative unknown outside the region- as we've said time and time again, w/ Jerry's high profile, anyone NOT under a rock since the 80's and the heyday of the Moral Majority recognizes LU.

End of companion rant.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
it happens a lot and just about every time it happens on a major network they get some calls from the head's office's telling them to make the correction
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Yeah...it definitely gets under my skin.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Yow is apparently the subject of rumors that she's moving to Stanford--although it's hard to imagine that her mail order Masters Degree from Jerry Falwell's Liberty College is the kind of credential that would sit well in a cosmopolitan environment like California.
Is it strange that college is the only thing that infuriates me about this quote? (this is in reference to Debbie Yow who is AD at UMD who apparently is an LU grad. I didnt know that)
By PeterParker
Registration Days Posts
What is the source material for that quote...was that from a nationally run article?
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
no, messageboard talk.
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]