This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Well, I have VERY shakey details about this but figured I'd drop it on you guys and we'll get more details about it on the news and in the paper....but apparently a LU law student went around and shot some dogs and now found himself in the dog house....the big one with bars.....again, i'll find out more and let yall know, I just found it very odd
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
aww, poor dogs. I wonder if they were mine. They howl sometimes and I figured it annoys the neighbors. And a couple of off-campusers rent a house near mine. Probably not law guys though.
By PAmedic
Registration Days Posts
"it was coming right for him"
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
just an update. my dogs are fine.
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
There was a story on the news last night about a guy who shot his neighbors puppy. He lived in a run-down neighborhood, but was dressed up very nice and very clean-cut. Sounds like a law student to me. They didn't mention that he was a Liberty student, but this seems to be the same case. The guy was trying to intelligently defend himself, but it sounds like he's dog squeeze to me. Who would shoot a seven-month-old dog with a shotgun? Now the whole neighborhood hates him, but I don't think he's been arrested.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
yeah thats him...LU's expected the details to be released pretty soon although they're not really worried....we have a lot more nuts out there, we're just 1 less now!
By A.G.
Registration Days Posts
I hope they lock this BLEEEP up and NEVER allow him to practice law.

Neighbor shoots pit bull puppy

By Dionne Waugh
dwaugh@newsadvance.com
April 4, 2006

Hernandez Glover will never forget the last time she held her 7-month-old pit bull puppy, Canaan.

“We were on the couch. He nestled in my neck and I could feel his breath,” she recalled Monday.

“Twenty minutes later, he’s dead.”

Glover, 29, said her neighbor, Jeffrey Adam Bradley, 31, fatally shot her dog twice with a .12- gauge shotgun to make a point about dogs being in his yard.

Bradley said he shot the dog to protect himself on March 28. This is the second time in two years Bradley said he’s been forced to shoot a neighborhood dog.

Last week, Lynchburg police charged Bradley, a Liberty University law student, with two misdemeanors - recklessly handling a firearm and discharging a firearm in the city.

On Saturday, they arrested and charged him with cruelty to animals, a Class 6 felony that carries a penalty of one to five years in prison or up to 12 months in jail.

They also confiscated the shotgun used in the shooting.

“The dog put himself in a position where he was in between me and access to the house, so I had no way to retreat,” Bradley told WSLS NewsChannel 10 on Thursday.

“The dog at that time moved towards me aggressively ... he was growling and barking and seemed to be intent on ... in his mind protecting his turf. He was going to attack me. And at that time, I was forced to shoot him.”

Though people may think pit bull dogs are dangerous, Glover said her dog was not.

“I can’t even imagine his face making that expression,” she said. “I still can’t believe someone would do that to him. He’s like my baby, my third child.”

Canaan played daily with Glover’s young children and the five children she takes care of in her home day-care business, she said. Glover said Bradley also knew her dog well and knew he wasn’t dangerous.

In his interview with WSLS NewsChannel 10, Bradley said the shooting was a culmination of a series of events. He could not be reached for comment Monday.

“We have had a problem with neighbors allowing their dogs to run free through the neighborhood for quite awhile,” he said. “The dogs that have been allowed to run are pit bulls, large aggressive dogs.”

Bradley said he wished his neighbors would contain their dogs.

“I think it’s crazy that they’re upset that I fired a controlled shot at a pit bull that was about to attack me, but they’re not upset that people allow pit bulls to roam free through a neighborhood with children,” he said.

“Regardless of the age of the dog, I would estimate his weight at about 70 pounds and that dog was made of nothing but teeth and muscle. I wish I could convey the look in that dog’s eyes as he was coming at me. But if a dog could hate, that one did.”

Glover said the dog weighed less than 20 pounds, never threatened anyone and would have run away if Bradley had fired into the air or even stamped his foot on the ground. She said Canaan, an indoor dog, often escaped into the neighborhood. That’s what happened last week when she said Canaan darted out of her house when she opened the door to get Chinese food from a delivery driver. The neighbors live less than 30 feet from each other on Roxbury Street, which is off of Hill Street in Lynchburg.

Phillip Campbell, who owns two pit bulls himself, lives in a house that’s set back but between both homes. He said he was in his house, about 15 feet away, and looking out his kitchen window when he saw Bradley shoot the puppy.

“He was not blocking the door. Mr. Bradley came out his back door, raised his shotgun and shot the little puppy about five feet in front of him,” Campbell said Monday. “He did not look vicious. The dog was sitting there wagging his tail when he was shot.”

Bradley also admitted shooting Pepper, an 8-year-old Australian German Shepherd mix, who belonged to the person who lived in Campbell’s house two years earlier. He said told WSLS he shot that dog because it, too, menaced him in a similar fashion.

“It’s rather freakish for this to happen ... twice in two years,” he said.

Campbell said he’s considering moving because he and his wife are afraid to let their dogs outside. He took Bradley to court in July 2005 after he said Bradley pointed a gun at him. Bradley was found not guilty of recklessly handling a firearm.
By LUconn
Registration Days Posts
Alright, the dude is a tool and a lot of his comments are ridiculous, but this lady and whoever wrote this article are milking it. It's not like it was her kid.
By bigsmooth
Registration Days Posts
being a dog lover and an owner of two myself, i can sympathize with this lady, but the article is a bit much. this guy must be terrified of dogs. though pit bulls are aggressive, a puppy did not need to be shot. however, a responsible pet owner should have their dogs restrained. i know mistakes can happen, but a tv segment i saw on this said the dog had frequently gotten loose and coame over in this guy's yard.....still no reason to kill a puppy.
By Hold My Own
Registration Days Posts
Well the guy is crazy....his other neighbor (never has had an incident with him) called up LU letting them know they should keep a eye on him b/c he does a lot of really weird things and they had a bad feeling about him....
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]