This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

What is Air Force 1

Exclusively the iconic 747
No votes
0%
The Iconic 747 and 757
8%
Any Fixed Wing Aircraft the President is aboard
69%
None of the Above - POTUS flies in a completely different aircraft and only his Body Doubles are seen exiting aircraft.
23%
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Ok. We had a great off topic discussion on Air Force 1. So why not put it to a poll?

What is Air Force 1?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The last option is partly true. POTUS only flies in the 747 and when the the 747 can't be used due to runway restrictions then that is when the body doubles come in. Or in Biden's case, all the time 8)

Did I cover it all?
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Have we discounted the parallel universe theory?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: December 15th, 2023, 12:05 pm AF1 could be a shoe...
That I may or may not have owned….
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
11 people are really confused. Didn't they read the inside source in the other thread!!!!???

3 may be onto something.
Purple Haize liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I really wish that ECC guy would make a bet with me. We'll fly to Atlanta, go to the Delta flight museum, and without going inside or underneath any airplanes, I bet I could identify the Boeing 747 and the Boeing 757 they have parked there, as well as the DC-9.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
We aren't talking about Delta. We are talking about the plane the President of the United States uses! Your knowledge means absolutely nothing to me!
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
EGC is a Fox News Aviation Expert.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 15th, 2023, 7:09 pm We aren't talking about Delta. We are talking about the plane the President of the United States uses! Your knowledge means absolutely nothing to me!
And I was talking to ECC, not you. My offer doesn't apply to someone who can identify a 747 and a 757 from the side.
thepostman liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 20th, 2023, 7:38 pm He has gone MIA so I'm speaking up on his behalf. You civilians would never understand :P
They're also a civilian, its the "friend in the Army," that gave them the info. :P
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 21st, 2023, 1:21 pm I noticed you used quotes. Interesting.
I mean, it is the internet. Anyone can create an account and claim anything.

As an AvGeek, someone who claims to know someone who told them it was a 747 that flew into Lynchburg and that said someone also told them you can't tell the difference between a 747 and a 757 makes me seriously doubt their story.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Obviously a parody account. That’s clearly a 747 in the picture. Which means any 747 is AF 1. Pfft
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]