This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

Fast Food - Chicken

KFC
No votes
0%
Popeyes
23%
Bojangles
8%
Chick - Fil - A
62%
Zaxby’s
8%
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Same thing as Burgers. I do know some are regional but these are the big players. Obviously we all know Gus’s would win any type of chicken debate
Last edited by Purple Haize on November 24th, 2023, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By LU 57
LU 57 wrote: November 24th, 2023, 2:48 pm Big omission on that list, Cane’s.
Read this thread first. I guess Cane’s is regional, so in that case it’s Chick-fil-a.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: November 24th, 2023, 2:51 pm
Read this thread first. I guess Cane’s is regional, so in that case it’s Chick-fil-a.
C’mon man! Follow instructions! I could have added Canes or PDQ or Church’s. But wanted to limit to the big ones! :D
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
My Quiz Bowl team wants Cane's added, and the majority of LU students wants Slim Chickens added. Come on, the students have spoken. And where is Zaxby's??? And Moore's County Store? And Kenny's? If you are going to do something, do it right (not like a WVU alum). :fineprint
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2023, 3:27 pm My Quiz Bowl team wants Cane's added, and the majority of LU students wants Slim Chickens added. Come on, the students have spoken. And where is Zaxby's??? And Moore's County Store? And Kenny's? If you are going to do something, do it right (not like a WVU alum). :fineprint
You, like @LU 57 , are not capable of reading the criteria established. At least L
U was able to admit his error.
As I stated this list could be watered down with all sorts of regional type chains. Zaxby’s could be added but the rest defeats the purpose of the poll
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Popeye’s sandwich is the best, and it’s not even close. KFC’s sandwich is second. CFA’s chicken sandwich, despite being the original, is a distant 3rd. The other two took what CFA did and improved on it vastly.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
CFA isn't quite nationwide but close enough I guess.

Out of these 4, it's gotta be Popeyes. CFA just keeps my business because of their far superior customer service experience.
JK37 liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 24th, 2023, 4:02 pm Popeye’s sandwich is the best, and it’s not even close. KFC’s sandwich is second. CFA’s chicken sandwich, despite being the original, is a distant 3rd. The other two took what CFA did and improved on it vastly.
In all seriousness, has anyone tried Burger King's new hand breaded chicken sandwich? It's the best in town! :shock:
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2023, 6:55 pm
JK37 wrote: November 24th, 2023, 4:02 pm Popeye’s sandwich is the best, and it’s not even close. KFC’s sandwich is second. CFA’s chicken sandwich, despite being the original, is a distant 3rd. The other two took what CFA did and improved on it vastly.
In all seriousness, has anyone tried Burger King's new hand breaded chicken sandwich? It's the best in town! :shock:
I guess I’m going to have to give it a shot. Just one shot.
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: November 24th, 2023, 2:57 pm
LU 57 wrote: November 24th, 2023, 2:51 pm
C’mon man! Follow instructions! I could have added Canes or PDQ or Church’s. But wanted to limit to the big ones! :D
:lol: Touché
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
Bojangles is finally expanding a bit but is much more regional than Raising Cane's & Zaxbys or any of the others listed above. It is far from a national chain. We just got our first ones here in Texas recently.

There are now a slew of quality options nationally. Everyone is now in the chicken game.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: November 24th, 2023, 8:03 pm Bojangles is finally expanding a bit but is much more regional than Raising Cane's & Zaxbys or any of the others listed above. It is far from a national chain.
Sly may be a transplated Texan, where brisket is king, but the man knows his chicken, too. :clapping
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
The sandwich at Popeyes is head and shoulders above CFA, and I like CFA sandwiches. I just happened to try it a few weeks ago and was surprised how much better it was than the CFA sandwich. CFA is better on service, but not the best chicken.
Purple Haize, JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: November 24th, 2023, 8:19 pm The sandwich at Popeyes is head and shoulders above CFA, and I like CFA sandwiches. I just happened to try it a few weeks ago and was surprised how much better it was than the CFA sandwich. CFA is better on service, but not the best chicken.
Totally agree. I just wish their fries and Customer Service were better
JK37 liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Upon further review I deem Zaxby’s to be sufficient in its coverage to make the poll. Bojangles stays because it’s is ubiquitous on this side of the country.
Cider Jim liked this
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 24th, 2023, 8:40 pm Upon further review I deem Zaxby’s to be sufficient in its coverage to make the poll. Bojangles stays because it’s is ubiquitous.
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong; it takes an even bigger man to use a word like ubiquitous. Purple probably learned that word in English class reading Moby-Dick. Study
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 24th, 2023, 9:13 pm
Purple Haize wrote: November 24th, 2023, 8:40 pm Upon further review I deem Zaxby’s to be sufficient in its coverage to make the poll. Bojangles stays because it’s is ubiquitous.
It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong; it takes an even bigger man to use a word like ubiquitous. Purple probably learned that word in English class reading Moby-Dick. Study
Yep!, got this bad boy the other day!

Cider Jim liked this
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
Popeyes. CFA is totally different and great, but popeyes just slightly beats it out. I like the crunch. all those other ones are meh.

CFA has the best service, fries, and drinks. there have been multiple stabbings and shootings at our 2 popeyes. most of the time involving workers.
By alabama24
Registration Days Posts
Anyone ever been to “Hangry Joes Chicken?” One just opened in the burg in a weird location (greenview, near Timberlake… across from KFC, Lowe’s).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 8:18 pm Anyone ever been to “Hangry Joes Chicken?” One just opened in the burg in a weird location (greenview, near Timberlake… across from KFC, Lowe’s).
I saw ads and promos. Probably try it out soon. But doesn’t fit the criteria for this poll
alabama24 liked this
By ALUmnus
Registration Days Posts
alabama24 wrote: December 10th, 2023, 8:18 pm Anyone ever been to “Hangry Joes Chicken?” One just opened in the burg in a weird location (greenview, near Timberlake… across from KFC, Lowe’s).
I got word about them doing a soft opening the day before their grand opening, so we swung by after my daughter's basketball game. It's actually very good, but also pretty pricey. Sandwiches, wings (lots of meat on the wings), tenders, good sides, waffles, ice cream sandwiches, shakes. They take pride in their spicy options, but you don't have to get the heat. They have a nice deck on the side for eating outside or playing cornhole.

We got lucky, because they were giving away the food for free, so we got close to $100 worth of food for nothing. We won't be going a lot, just because of the high prices, but the food is very good.
flamehunter, alabama24 liked this
UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]