This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Fellow Virginians, today is election day! All 140 seats in the state legislature plus numerous constitutional officers are on the ballot. GO VOTE!
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Voted before 8:00 this morning, but no Country Kitchen for breakfast. That place is closed forever. :cry:
By rtb72
Cider Jim wrote: November 7th, 2023, 9:52 am Voted before 8:00 this morning, but no Country Kitchen for breakfast. That place is closed forever. :cry:
We saw them open for lunch on Sunday as we were driving back.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: November 7th, 2023, 9:52 am Voted before 8:00 this morning, but no Country Kitchen for breakfast. That place is closed forever. :cry:
County Sunrise is fantastic! Just down the road!
Baybird liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Up in NJ, all state house seats were up for grabs. Dems held level in senate, and flipped a seat or two in assembly.

In my district 4, Dems swept everything including new mayor and city council.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 8th, 2023, 8:17 am Up in NJ, all state house seats were up for grabs. Dems held level in senate, and flipped a seat or two in assembly.

In my district 4, Dems swept everything including new mayor and city council.
Democrats took back control of the VA House of Delegates, and maintained control of the VA Senate although it does appear they lost a seat there.
lynchburgwildcats liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
In other news, a Bob Bad, err Good, incumbent appears to have lost to a write-in candidate for a seat on the Board of Supervisors in Charlotte County. Bob Bad, err Good, will also likely face a primary challenge from state Senator-Elect John McGuire.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 7th, 2023, 6:18 pm County Sunrise is fantastic! Just down the road!
I ate there TODAY--cost me $18 plus the tip, but the food was wonderful (I'm sure you know that it's owned by the same folks that have County Smoak BBQ).

For others to find it, it's in the old location of the Bistro Bros, next to the News and Advance building (but closed on Mondays and Tuesdays--election day).
Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]