This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
In their quest to destroy America, the liberals are attempting to change the name of Army bases named after Confederate Generals.
The new name for Fort Bragg is reported to be:

Fort Liberty
By ballcoach15
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 1:34 pm The south lost. I don't like losers :D

When I was a Drill Sergeant, I told a "southern joke". A trainee asked me, "Sergeant who won the war", I replied, "who told you it was over". He ducked and ran.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Fort Libery is better than Fort Rainbow or Fort Biden. 😄

I guess I beat you ballcoach :lol: . Family is from York PA and Gettysburg area. Gettysburg hospital was on Spangler Farm.

I made an interesting find recently on the land beside mine. I'm on the Virginia North Carolina boarder. It's an abandoned graveyard. Head stones are Civil War era. Did some online research and one of the graves belongs to a soldier that was in the 45th North Carolina Infantry Regiment. Fought at Gettysburg. 40 percent were killed.
ballcoach15, CCWMichael liked this
By BlueBlood
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:14 pm Family is from York PA and Gettysburg area.
Any relation to Spanglers Hardware or Spanglers Grocery?

Rt 74, Dover area.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
BlueBlood wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 6:57 pm
TH Spangler wrote: August 3rd, 2022, 3:14 pm Family is from York PA and Gettysburg area.
Any relation to Spanglers Hardware or Spanglers Grocery?

Rt 74, Dover area.
Don't know. Just know family members moved south from York PA to Floyd Virginia then to Eden NC.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This is old news. Certainly not a fan of it. There’s more to a Fort/Camp/Base than just the name. There’s a sense of Camaraderie etc. Except for the Air Force. You could name their bases after office furniture stores and folks would be fine :D
By Class of 20Something
Purple Haize wrote: August 4th, 2022, 5:53 am This is old news. Certainly not a fan of it. There’s more to a Fort/Camp/Base than just the name. There’s a sense of Camaraderie etc. Except for the Air Force. You could name their bases after office furniture stores and folks would be fine :D
Fun story about that. There's a naming convention with the Air Force. We have Air FORCE Bases CONUS and Air Bases OCONUS. I imagine the State department started that by saying we aren't a "force" in a foreign country. They're also named appropriately locally. Spangdahlem, Osan, Misawa, Thule, Incirlik, Aviano all are appropriate to Germany, South Korea, Okinawa, Greenland, Turkey, and Italy.

I was notified of my first duty assignment in a role call and was told Andersen Air Force Base. Sounds American enough and has Force in the title. It must be CONUS. While technically a US Territory, 8,000 miles from home to Guam was unexpected.
thepostman, CCWMichael liked this
LaTech

Looks like we'll have to win with pitching cause t[…]

JMU for 6 games

The fact of the matter is, JMU and Liberty could n[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Honestly, the ACC should've taken Wazzu and Oregon[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

HEB is alright, but honestly Trader Joe's is my fa[…]