This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: November 9th, 2022, 12:58 am DeSantis 2024' :D
I'll say it again, Desantis and Senator Tim Scott in 2024. If we're still around after two more years of a compromised Biden administration. China rules.
Chippy liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 9th, 2022, 2:09 am Pennsylvania, really. Fetterman? :lol:
It strikes me how easily Rs could have won in PA or GA if they weren’t set on running joke candidates. Get someone serious in there and it’s not even close.
prototype liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Can’t believe Oz was best candidate. But maybe the richest. PA is never going to warm to someone from NJ.

Seems to me those hard aligning with Trump didn’t do well. Some exceptions. But boy did DeSantis do well!
By jack_sparrow81
Registration Days Posts
They did.....they had Kathy Barnette during the primary. Trump and Hannity for whatever reason endorsed Oz even after many people supported her. I don't trust either or after that whole debacle. There was a lot of shadiness that went on during the primary. It's time to move on from Trump
LU 57, flamehunter, ATrain liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I think we might start to see the fever break re: Trump now that he's trying to bully DeSantis out of running. What will be telling will be how DeSantis et. al respond. I still think there's a lot of fear in the party of opposing Trump and losing his base (or facing its retribution). If DeSantis can strongly oppose Trump and actually call out the lunacy, he's the guy going forward. If he demurs, Trump wins the nom again and probably loses badly again.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
Also depends who the Dems run. I haven’t seen a midterm candidate rise up on that side like we’ve seen DeSantis rise. Surely Biden can’t run again, right?
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
I told my brother to temper expectations. The republican candidates outside of desantis had poor messaging IMO. I think the take away is that republicans have the house which basically puts a kibosh on new legislation. I think the economy is going to be bad for some time and quite frankly a full republican congress wouldn't of fixed it.

I think abortion stuff did its part but really looking at exit polls, to me it was, "things are not great, but i'm not sure how the other side is going to fix it" for voters.

The desantis/trump battle is going to be something. All of trumps candidates did poorly and desantis obliterated crist.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 9th, 2022, 11:38 am Also depends who the Dems run. I haven’t seen a midterm candidate rise up on that side like we’ve seen DeSantis rise. Surely Biden can’t run again, right?
He shouldn't, but that doesn't mean he won't. And don't call me Shirley.
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: November 9th, 2022, 11:38 am Also depends who the Dems run. I haven’t seen a midterm candidate rise up on that side like we’ve seen DeSantis rise. Surely Biden can’t run again, right?
They are saying Biden will run again... Crazy!!!
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
49% of the country would vote for Lucifer if you put a D behind his name. :shock:
prototype, ATrain liked this
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 9th, 2022, 1:57 pm At least we know irony isn't dead
I vote based on party platforms, I'm a registered independent.

If Republicans get the house and don't get to the bottom of covid, FBI, Biden family and laptop, justice dept bias and our woke military leaders I'll set out 2024.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I mean, the worst person to ever hold the office of president got 47% of the votes just because there was an R by his name. Probably shouldn’t be throwing stones at the Ds suggesting they’d do the same thing.
ATrain liked this
By prototype
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 9th, 2022, 4:15 pm
stokesjokes wrote: November 9th, 2022, 1:57 pm At least we know irony isn't dead
I vote based on party platforms, I'm a registered independent.

If Republicans get the house and don't get to the bottom of covid, FBI, Biden family and laptop, justice dept bias and our woke military leaders I'll set out 2024.
That's not a good option. Always vote or it's a vote for Blue.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 9th, 2022, 8:21 am
TH Spangler wrote: November 9th, 2022, 2:09 am Pennsylvania, really. Fetterman? :lol:
It strikes me how easily Rs could have won in PA or GA if they weren’t set on running joke candidates. Get someone serious in there and it’s not even close.
Walker is gonna win the run off in Georgia. He will be able to call in DeSantis and should have Kemp stumping far and wide. Who can Warnok bring in? Biden? Abrams? Kamala? Walker will have a lot more access to money and resources than he did the first round. The seat is too valuable to not give him every chance. What he also has going for him is perception. When people hear him the end up liking him. The more exposure he gets the better he does. The opposite is true of Warnock.
PA is more complicated. But a lot of the blame lies at the feet of Mastriano. Yes Oz was a flawed candidate but my goodness Fetterman is completely unfit. However, Mastriano was MIA the entire campaign, even for his seat. Lee Zeldin lost but look at the pick ups in House seats in New York. Kemp had coattails for Walker and it looks like Lake has them for Masters Mastriano was a millstone. There WERE better candidates than Oz but you go to war with the Army you have not the Army you want.
jmclaughlin liked this
By Ill flame
stokesjokes wrote: November 9th, 2022, 8:16 pm I mean, the worst person to ever hold the office of president got 47% of the votes just because there was an R by his name. Probably shouldn’t be throwing stones at the Ds suggesting they’d do the same thing.
Come on, man. I know George Bush got us back into that mess in the middle east but I would hardly call him the worst person to hold that office. :mrgreen:
stokesjokes liked this
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
@Purple Haize

Kemp is a perfect example. Wins easily against a pretty popular Dem and enough tickets get split bc Walker is a train-wreck that he doesn’t win (yet). At least having consequences for unserious candidates hopefully means we get better ones next time around.
jmclaughlin, Just John liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: November 9th, 2022, 9:56 pm @Purple Haize

Kemp is a perfect example. Wins easily against a pretty popular Dem and enough tickets get split bc Walker is a train-wreck that he doesn’t win (yet). At least having consequences for unserious candidates hopefully means we get better ones next time around.
I disagree. I think Walker is exactly the type of candidate we need. But I like to have more non professional politicians in DC. Walker has been successful in about everything he has done. He doesn’t ‘need’ this. I like him and think he will do a good job I think he was a much better candidate than Oz.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 9th, 2022, 9:30 pm
stokesjokes wrote: November 9th, 2022, 8:21 am
Walker is gonna win the run off in Georgia. He will be able to call in DeSantis and should have Kemp stumping far and wide. Who can Warnok bring in? Biden? Abrams? Kamala? Walker will have a lot more access to money and resources than he did the first round. The seat is too valuable to not give him every chance. What he also has going for him is perception. When people hear him the end up liking him. The more exposure he gets the better he does. The opposite is true of Warnock.
PA is more complicated. But a lot of the blame lies at the feet of Mastriano. Yes Oz was a flawed candidate but my goodness Fetterman is completely unfit. However, Mastriano was MIA the entire campaign, even for his seat. Lee Zeldin lost but look at the pick ups in House seats in New York. Kemp had coattails for Walker and it looks like Lake has them for Masters Mastriano was a millstone. There WERE better candidates than Oz but you go to war with the Army you have not the Army you want.
Will be interesting.

Walker and Kemp kept their distance from one another. As I understand it, Walker wouldn't campaign for Kemp for obvious reasons. How much will Kemp do for him in the runoff? He may be the good soldier it it comes down to that seat making the difference in holding the Senate but a significant amount of Georgians have already shown they were willing to vote for Kemp and either voted for Warnock or didn't vote for the senate seat.

There's no reason to think the Dems won't throw as much money at this race as the GOP will. They will both have the resources they need. I agree with you on Biden and Harris. I'm certain you will see Obama and his wife. Oprah?

It all comes down to voter turnout and motivation. Can Walker win head to head without other GOP candidates on the ticket? If Walker was a good candidate he would have won this thing going away already.

Will be interesting.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
You also need to take into account what the Libertarians will do. If only 1/2 vote for Walker and everything else stays the same he wins.
I think the hidden positive for Walker is that the more people met him the more they liked him. So that SHOULD help now that the focus will be on him and not amongst others. He’s much more likeable than Warnock.
This seat is going to bring in Billions of dollars. Crazy
Dondi Costin - LU President

Ive gone there a few times since moving to texas[…]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]