This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
No it’s not too early :D

Midterms will be interesting. Early polling makes GA interesting to watch. I’ve said early on Abrams will win in a landslide. She’s played the stolen election card brilliantly. Organized a support network etc. She has motivated voters. I’m not sure the Republicans have that. The Senate Race also looks tight. Warnock is much more organized than Walker. But Walker is such a ‘name’ in GA if he gets a seasoned campaign pro on board I think he can pull it out. Warnock should have been an easy seat to pick up for Republicans
Liz Cheney looks like she is going down in flames. Which is kinda unfortunate. Outside of her Quixotic Trump Crusade she’s a pretty solid Conservative. But both sides went to the brink with their statements and there’s no backing down now. It will be a loss if she is not re-elected

As for 2024, all bets are off. Will Bidens handlers start to shuffle him off the stage? There is absolutely no way I see him winning a 2nd term no matter who the Republicans run. I can think of only 1 Democrat at this point who could get the base excited but I’m not sure she wants the job. And the vote against her would be strong. With Republicans all eyes are on Trump. The more candidates that enter the better for him. He’s got a solid immovable base So the more votes spread around more candidates makes his nomination more likely. With the absolute collapse of the economy and the cluster of foreign policy he actually has a pretty good policy platform to run on. The J6 Committee isn’t doing anything to move the needle one way or the other especially with their recent ‘bombshell witness’ being contradicted and called out by just about every media outlet. Ron DeSantis seems to be everyone’s darling. And his people and the Trump people hate each other behind closed doors. But I don’t know if he will run against him. Pence is floating balloons. I like Pence but not sure he will draw any of the Trump base. After that you have some folks like Noem Youngkin Christy etc that I just don’t know.
So have at it kids
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Ron DeSantis seems to be everyone’s darling. And his people and the Trump people hate each other behind closed doors. But I don’t know if he will run against him. Pence is floating balloons. I like Pence but not sure he will draw any of the Trump base. After that you have some folks like Noem Youngkin Christy etc that I just don’t know.
Just when I was ready to compromise and support Ron over Donald along comes the J6 show. Helps Trump, dosen't hurt him. Can't wait for real hearing to start in January.

Most importantly is to elect someone willing to go after DC cronyism. Example, unelected bureaucrats setting up regulations and roadblocks for business and then politicians shaking business down, offering relief in return for monetary favors for family and friends. Just look at where their family members are employed. Supreme Court might address unelected bureaucrats with a WVA vs EPA ruling this week. 🙏

Trump and Bannon threatened their business as usual.

Justice system is also compromised / politicize. Has to be corrected.

I'm hoping Tim Scott gets the VP call. A solid conservative black American that loves America. He has vision, did a great job on creating enterprise zones and working on sensible police reform.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
As a former long-time GA resident, I find the situation in GA interesting as well. I think Walker might have his cred hurt by the personal scandals have come out. He's tried to position himself as a family values candidate, but hard to maintain that when he keeps having new secret kids revealed. The make-up of GA has always been fascinating to me, there's some very ultra-red areas, long histories typical to southern areas, but also very central to the civil rights movement and black empowerment as you get closer to ATL. You can go see the carvings of Jefferson Davis, Robert E. Lee, and Stonewall Jackson on Stone Mountain, hop in a car and drive 20 minutes to the National Civil Rights Museum or Ebenezer Baptist Church. On statewide elections, for decades GA was predictably red, but changing demographics and voting access are putting the state into toss-up territory and trending towards blue.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Don't live in GA so I don't care who wins governor. Electing her might be a wakeup call for many Georgians next time.

Hopfully Republicans get the Senate seat. Democrats have us in a death spiral.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Good news, WV vs EPA. Supreme Court just ruled 6-3, that Congress, not the EPA, has the power to create a broad system of cap-and-trade regulations.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 30th, 2022, 10:23 am I can think of only 1 Democrat at this point who could get the base excited but I’m not sure she wants the job. And the vote against her would be strong.
Purple is pulling a Sly with this obscure comment. How many guesses will it take to identify this Democrat??? :dontgetit
By flamehunter
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:53 pm
Purple Haize wrote: June 30th, 2022, 10:23 am I can think of only 1 Democrat at this point who could get the base excited but I’m not sure she wants the job. And the vote against her would be strong.
Purple is pulling a Sly with this obscure comment. How many guesses will it take to identify this Democrat??? :dontgetit
It's got to be Maxine Waters
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: June 30th, 2022, 2:53 pm
It took you about 32
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: June 30th, 2022, 4:27 pm It took you about 32
I did the math: only 7 or 8, but it seemed like at least 32. :cry:
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
flamehunter wrote: June 30th, 2022, 3:22 pm It's got to be Maxine Waters
Nope. That's guess #1. Keep them coming! :fineprint
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: June 30th, 2022, 5:51 pm Michelle Obama is the only one that worries me, but I think she is enjoying her current life of leisure and luxury too much to put herself through the grind.
You got it in one. Took @Cider Jim a lot more guesses.
She’s expressed a ton of disdain for America and DC. Which actually seems to be the Democrat playbook right now. Which is why she should be worrying
Cider Jim liked this
By Tothehoopyall1
If Ron Desantis runs, he will be president in 2024. Desantis is rising by the day and Trump is in decline. I predict late spring or early summer next year Desantis will begin to emerge as the leading GOP candidate. I really think he will win in 2024 regardless of who the DEM nominee is.
By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: June 30th, 2022, 10:35 pm Ron Desantis...I really think he will win in 2024 regardless of who the DEM nominee is.
Do you think he could even beat mighty Michelle Obama??? 8)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 1st, 2022, 10:06 am
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: June 30th, 2022, 10:35 pm Ron Desantis...I really think he will win in 2024 regardless of who the DEM nominee is.
That would probably be the closest race option for the Democrats
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Michelle would win. No doubt but there is just no way she'd run. She might hate DC more than I do but that seems impossible. I've spent almost 10 years here now. It doesn't get any better.
By Sly Fox
Registration Days Posts
One of Herschel's friends approached me about helping his campaign back early this year because they knew he needed the coms assistance. But for whatever reeason it never happened and I feel for him. I always liked him back in my interactions with him in his playing days. But I am not sure the people he has around him are doing him many favors in this campaign.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Sly Fox wrote: July 1st, 2022, 1:36 pm One of Herschel's friends approached me about helping his campaign back early this year because they knew he needed the coms assistance. But for whatever reeason it never happened and I feel for him. I always liked him back in my interactions with him in his playing days. But I am not sure the people he has around him are doing him many favors in this campaign.
This is where I’m at. Abstractly I think he’s the kind of person the Founding Fathers wanted in Congress. Someone who is a Citizen first Politician second. He has so many positives it’s baffling to me he can’t get them out there. BUT he doesn’t have the PR machine of a professional political activist like his opponent. Hopefully he can figure it out.
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
While they seem to be doing a bit better lately, Quinnipiac's poles have historically been sketchy. I believe Trafalgar has Hershel almost even and Kemp well ahead in GA. Warnock is garbage, and Hershel needs to stop playing nice and go after his negatives.
By Tothehoopyall1
Purple Haize wrote: July 1st, 2022, 10:29 am
Cider Jim wrote: July 1st, 2022, 10:06 am
Yes, I think he would beat Michelle Obama. It is pretty tough to find where he's done anything wrong in Florida. That state is BOOMING!!
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: July 4th, 2022, 9:42 pm
Purple Haize wrote: July 1st, 2022, 10:29 am
Cider Jim wrote: July 1st, 2022, 10:06 am .
Yes, I think he would beat Michelle Obama. It is pretty tough to find where he's done anything wrong in Florida. That state is BOOMING!!
Remember he barely won that state
By Tothehoopyall1
I don't think Trump will win in 2024 (no one is saying much on Trump here so i thought I would throw this out) and I wish he would get out of the way and make it easier for Desantis. My concern with Trump is that he could end up running as an independent and possibly cost Desantis the election. I believe Desantis will win the GOP nomination for President.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tothehoopyall1 wrote: July 4th, 2022, 9:48 pm I don't think Trump will win in 2024 (no one is saying much on Trump here so i thought I would throw this out) and I wish he would get out of the way and make it easier for Desantis. My concern with Trump is that he could end up running as an independent and possibly cost Desantis the election. I believe Desantis will win the GOP nomination for President.
There is not one Republican that can beat Trump in a Primary other than DeSantis. And word is Ron won’t run if Don runs. So we will either get Trump/Biden 2. Or Trump/Newsome. And Trump JR girlfriend could provide oppo research on him
By flameshaw
Registration Days Posts
I would prefer Desantis over Trump. A Trump/Desantis ticket would be attractive though. Personally, I believe that The Trumpster would be more valuable as being the Kingmaker for GOP and being Desantis biggest cheerleader.
Love Trump's policies. We would have very minimal inflation, no war in the Ukraine and less than $3 gas, if he was still in office. However, I could live without his personality.
JK37, flamehunter liked this
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
flameshaw wrote: July 5th, 2022, 10:59 am I would prefer Desantis over Trump. A Trump/Desantis ticket would be attractive though. Personally, I believe that The Trumpster would be more valuable as being the Kingmaker for GOP and being Desantis biggest cheerleader.
Love Trump's policies. We would have very minimal inflation, no war in the Ukraine and less than $3 gas, if he was still in office. However, I could live without his personality.
I am not at all sure Desantis would accept an offer to run for VP. I believe he has stated that he thinks he can accomplish more as Gov. Of FL, and I tend to agree.

I just want a 6' 8+ forward that moves like venz[…]

NMSU

You Green-McKay haters keep saying we need c[…]

Charlotte

Charlotte comes to Liberty Wednesday, for a 4:00 p[…]

Dondi Costin - LU President

This past weekend I saw my neighbor at HEB.