This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
How young? Because isn't he the guy suggesting the age to vote should be raised to 25?

Regardless this whole republican primary is a joke. It's going to be Trump vs Joe and I have yet to talk to anybody that is excited about that notion.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:13 am How young? Because isn't he the guy suggesting the age to vote should be raised to 25?

Regardless this whole republican primary is a joke. It's going to be Trump vs Joe and I have yet to talk to anybody that is excited about that notion.
It was a brilliant move by Team Trump to not attend the debates. Taking a page from Team Biden’s book. I’m not convinced Biden is going to end up being the Nominee. I think the Democrat Convention will be interesting and the time and place a bait and switch will happen. Gavin Newsome has been too visible not to be considered a stealth candidate But, I thought Biden would be gone shortly after the mid terms so I’m not batting 1000 here.
The only drama on the Republican side is who will Trump pick as his Veep.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2023, 8:13 am How young? Because isn't he the guy suggesting the age to vote should be raised to 25?

Those old enough to be trying to buy a home, transportation and groceries.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2023, 9:46 am I bought 2 of those 3 before I was 25...
Back in the good ole days, 80s with Reagan, I did pretty well also. Townhouse, beach house, jeep and boat. By the time I was 25. Things have really changed a lot.

Now it's, "you'll own nothing and be happy". I think Christians will adapt to it more quickly than others :wink: .
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2023, 1:54 pmHuh?
Biden suports the WEF.

"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy" (alternatively "you'll own nothing and be happy") is a phrase originating in a 2016 video by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Gotcha, I don't venture down into the same rabbit holes you fall into so I wasn't quite tracking what you were saying. Stil am not sure what that has to do with my orginal question. You said Ramaswamy was gaining popularity with young people but how young and what data are you looking at?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Ahh you heard. Sounds like ballcoach facts :lol:

But yeah, it is all for show at this point. I am sure they are all secretly rooting for Trump to get arrested. Jokes on them, Trump has been navigating the court system his entire adult life. No way this impacts him.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 8th, 2023, 2:11 pm
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2023, 1:54 pmHuh?
Biden suports the WEF.

"You'll own nothing and you'll be happy" (alternatively "you'll own nothing and be happy") is a phrase originating in a 2016 video by the World Economic Forum (WEF).
I could be wrong, but this actually trcks with what I’m seeing. A group I specialize in working with is young professionals. Seems much harder to purchase a home, get married, have kids, grow wealth. Part is the reluctance to be patient. Part is the overwhelming debt with which every 20-something seems to be saddled. Student Debt is the new mortgage. And we figured out too late that college isn’t necessary for all.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
I know of a kid who lives less than two miles from a large state university, but decided to take out colossal loans to go to a large state university outside of his home state. He’s going to come out 250K in debt, as opposed to 30K or 40K, had he stayed home. That kind of pain is self-inflicted.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 8th, 2023, 5:42 pm Sure. You're not wrong but it also shouldn't be possible to take out that much at such a young age. That should be criminal.
These loans are no longer the sole property of private banks. They are issued and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government. Go back to Private Lenders making loans and all of a sudden you won’t have Gender Studies or Russian Folklore of the 1500’s graduates with $300k in Student loans.
ATrain liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
The majority of students loan debt it still private loans. But regardless, private or public, it should be illegal to loan 18,19,20 year olds that kind of money. Kids that young make terrible decisions. It's insanity.

Also I'm confused by your last sentence.
By Ill flame
thepostman wrote: December 10th, 2023, 11:03 pm The majority of students loan debt it still private loans. But regardless, private or public, it should be illegal to loan 18,19,20 year olds that kind of money. Kids that young make terrible decisions. It's insanity.

Also I'm confused by your last sentence.
92% of all student debt are through federal student loans.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/student- ... tatistics/
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: December 11th, 2023, 12:02 am Well I screwed that one up. Clearly I flipped that number in my brain. I'll blame it on hitting 40 this year :lol:
I knew you’d recognize the error of your ways :D
Back when you were a wet behind the ears student most loans WERE Private Institutions I believe. Certainly back in my day they were :D
thepostman liked this
By RubberMallet
Registration Days Posts
student loans are predatory. and colleges have built worthless products because of the ease of access to this debt. kids are saddled with mortgages before they even get their first job.

My biggest beef with forgiveness was no plan to stop future debt. I believe merit based forgiveness is something to work further towards. If you look at numbers, less and less kids even from a decade ago, want to go to school. the financial pressure, DEI, and all sorts of other factors I believe will send the university industry into a tailspin.

I have a friend who just negotiated student loan debt payments into his new job. Where they will pay for them. I think we'll see more of this. That is in large part due to one of Biden's laws so I def will give credit where its due.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 7th, 2023, 11:01 pm
paradox wrote: December 7th, 2023, 10:41 pm DeSatanist is a major league weirdo with a crazed look in his eye. Same with Ramaswamy. Entertaining and yet concerning at the same time.
DeSantis is short. All short people look like that :D
I'm not voting for anyone who suffers from Napoleon Syndrome, like DeSanctimonious. But yeah, we all know Trump is going to be the nominee at this point. Haley will finish second, and as Nelly said, "three nobody remembers."
By jmclaughlin
I can’t wrap my head around the conservative hatred for DeSantis?? Even more so when the objective standard is…Donald Trump.
I can understand pulling for Trump in light of the made for TV underdog character social media warriors have made into but he still led the country into deeper Democratic control. His endorsement turns into an endorsement for the other party. Not to mention that all of promises of draining the swamp, building the wall and reducing the national debt never seemed to pan out. Swampier than ever with worst immigration problem in a decade and leverage to the nose. Blame Biden all you want but “our guy” lost to the, Weekend at Bernie’s, stiff and has continued to lose. Donald Trumps presidential legacy is forever tied to Anthony Fauci.

Now compare to Florida in the same timeframe.

What is the argument again?
Last edited by jmclaughlin on December 13th, 2023, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Purple Haize liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]