This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Cider Jim
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: July 11th, 2023, 1:03 pm Right now Trump is making his big splashy appearances. He’s charismatic and lots of energy. If he’s the nominee for the Republican Party I’ll vote for him. But I’m not counting DeSantis out just yet
Any educated guesses on who Trump would choose as his VP?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Cider Jim wrote: July 12th, 2023, 8:49 am
Purple Haize wrote: July 11th, 2023, 1:03 pm Right now Trump is making his big splashy appearances. He’s charismatic and lots of energy. If he’s the nominee for the Republican Party I’ll vote for him. But I’m not counting DeSantis out just yet
My uneducated guess :lol:
Senator Tim Scott
Cider Jim liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: July 12th, 2023, 7:15 pm Guy in my office today touting a Trump-DeSantis ticket. 🤷‍♂️
Trump would have to change residency out of FL for that
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Tim Scott is the early favorite. Kari Lake possibly but hope not. Gov Kemp from GA would be a smart choice but ain’t happening
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote:
Tim Scott is the early favorite. Kari Lake possibly but hope not. Gov Kemp from GA would be a smart choice but ain’t happening
He'll pick whoever will kiss his big orange rear the most.

My apologies for the visual.
flamehunter, ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: July 12th, 2023, 10:41 pm
Purple Haize wrote:
He'll pick whoever will kiss his big orange rear the most.

My apologies for the visual.
The visual is enough to turn me straight, but you are correct.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
I think Nikki Haley won the debate, and I went from Yes to No on Tim Scott, I'd consider Burgum and Hutchison, and Christie is right about Ramaswammy - we don't need to elect someone who will require on the job training.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Haley seems ok. Probably running for VP. Already knew Pence & Christie were solid. Beyond that, things get hazy. This is not the GOP most of us recognize. The loons hold all the cards.
Last edited by paradox on October 10th, 2023, 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATrain liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Ahh yes, the pragmatic Republicans who gave us nation-building foreign policies post 9/11, left the border wide open and helped lead us $35T+ in debt. DeSantis faced the fire during COVID. Has lead Florida through numerous natural disasters, and done so with a ruthless efficiency that others on that stage (and at home) could only dream of.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Nikki Haley came on the scene during the rise of the TEA Party, well after 9/11 and the Second Gulf War, and brilliantly led her state through disasters and national tragedies. She was the only one on that stage who called out Trump and Republicans for their disastrous spending levels in addition to what the Democrats have done.

DeSantis and Christie both showed themselves to be petty and vindictive during their time as governor.
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Nikke Haley is cut from the same cloth as the Bush types. Her stance on Ukraine confirms that. Coming from a finance background, I appreciate her talk on the budget deficit and the national debt. To address those, you have to take on the administrative state, the military contractors and address the structural issues in mandatory spending. I don't think she has the grit/determination to do that. The only person on that stage that has actually carried out big reforms and been successful in getting re-elected as a result is Ron DeSantis. He's also, been very adept at handling numerous crises. When you say he's been petty, what are you referring to? I can agree with those comments in their application to Christie, but not DeSantis.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Trashing Ukraine is a surefire loser position in a general election. VR took that position. Not sure if anyone else did. Majority of these candidates would have a >zero chance against Dems in'24
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: September 6th, 2023, 2:32 pm Nikke Haley is cut from the same cloth as the Bush types. Her stance on Ukraine confirms that. Coming from a finance background, I appreciate her talk on the budget deficit and the national debt. To address those, you have to take on the administrative state, the military contractors and address the structural issues in mandatory spending. I don't think she has the grit/determination to do that. The only person on that stage that has actually carried out big reforms and been successful in getting re-elected as a result is Ron DeSantis. He's also, been very adept at handling numerous crises. When you say he's been petty, what are you referring to? I can agree with those comments in their application to Christie, but not DeSantis.
Nikki Haley definitely has the grit and determination! As far as petty, the fight with Disney. He's a culture warrior, not a freedom fighter.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:27 am Nikki Haley has to be the clear number 2 by now. I think most would definitely prefer her in heels over Ron.
If you're thinking about VP pick, probably Byron Donalds.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:27 am Nikki Haley has to be the clear number 2 by now. I think most would definitely prefer her in heels over Ron.
She's solidly in second in NH and SC, tied with Ron in Iowa.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
She is 1,000% better than either Joe or Donald. Not perfect but no candidate is. I sure hope the Republican party can get over their love affair with Trump. It would be nice to not feel completely slimey filling out that ballot.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
She’s a 4th or 5th choice to me. RDS is still my first choice.
jmclaughlin liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Ever since Ron's wife stopped wearing the 5 inch stilettos on causal date night, he's been out to prove a point. But wearing them inside the boots and all...that's just taking it too far
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
People are seriously judging a Presidential candidate on their choice of foot wear? I weep for our future
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Presidential candidates can't be honest about something as silly as their height/foot wear? I know standards are low with the Don and Joe show but geez...
Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1784281065328[…]

UTEP

Liberty wins 12-1 in 5 innings. Love and Bachman […]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]