This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: December 12th, 2023, 6:43 pm I don't think he's going away though. He's looking 4 years out.
Might be looking at Trump/DeSantis 2024. Then DeSantis in 4 years. That way Trumps not a second term lame duck.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: December 13th, 2023, 9:53 am
paradox wrote: December 12th, 2023, 6:43 pm I don't think he's going away though. He's looking 4 years out.
Might be looking at Trump/DeSantis 2024. Then DeSantis in 4 years. That way Trumps not a second term lame duck.
Trump would have to declare residency in NY. I *think* there’s a law about Pres and VP not allowed to be from same state.

What I do know is that as much as I like RDS and Trump will probably be the nominee they are both far superior to what we have now
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: December 13th, 2023, 12:12 pm
TH Spangler wrote: December 13th, 2023, 9:53 am
Trump would have to declare residency in NY. I *think* there’s a law about Pres and VP not allowed to be from same state.

What I do know is that as much as I like RDS and Trump will probably be the nominee they are both far superior to what we have now
RDS is coming across great tonight on Fox's Tonwhall. I would feel good voting for he or Trump. I think a lot of people stick with Trump because of what democrats did to the country for 4 years while he was in office.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 9th, 2024, 8:57 pm They stick with Trump because he tickles their ears. But just like any seasoned politician, he doesn't come through.

Trump vs Biden 2.0 is awful. I can't believe this is where we are going. Again.
Yep, alot of talk by all, need more action.

RDS said, unlike Trump he would move more agency headquarters away from the DC area. Mentioned the new FBI headquarters.

A self-serviceing ecosystem seems to exist in Washington, that's doling out tax dollars in ways that benefit a "few individuals". Leads to bad foreign, domestic and economic policies. I'm really hoping someone can make changes.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I'm not an RDS fan, but nobody can say he doesn't get things done but he isn't going to be nominated. Instead, its the all talk, no action self serving Donald Trump. Or the disconnected from reality because he has been a politician too long, Joe Biden. Such is life...
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Trump wins the election. Biden claims he was robbed and Dems threaten an insurrection. Biden runs in 2028 and wins. Don Jr. claims election rigged. Don Jr. faces Hunter in 2032. Election ends in a draw, as both candidates accuse each other of hedonism on Epstein Island. Ghislaine steps in and exonerates both. As a result, Ghislaine Maxwell is immediately released from prison and appointed President by a mysterious person of consequence. The Biden/Trump cycle finally ends and the world instantly becomes radically safer, more just, and less perverse, with our first female leader of the free world.
thepostman liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Welp, looks like we are stuck with 80 year old men running the country for the next 4 years once more…

I’m still not convinced Biden isn’t replaced at the convention with a hand-chosen candidate (Michelle or Gavin). The recent videos showing Biden clearly show the drugs they’ve been using to manage his decline are beginning to have little effect.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I don't think Biden has it in him to step down. He actually thinks he was chosen to "Save" this country from Trump and not just voted for being he wasn't Trump. Nobody will be able to convince him otherwise.

In fact, I would be more shocked if he chose to step aside than if Trump was found guilty of anything and that is a stretch as well.

It'll be Trump vs Biden v2 and there will be people trying to convince us why one is worse than the other. It is a joke.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 16th, 2024, 2:40 pm I don't think Biden has it in him to step down. He actually thinks he was chosen to "Save" this country from Trump and not just voted for being he wasn't Trump. Nobody will be able to convince him otherwise.

In fact, I would be more shocked if he chose to step aside than if Trump was found guilty of anything and that is a stretch as well.

It'll be Trump vs Biden v2 and there will be people trying to convince us why one is worse than the other. It is a joke.
I honestly believe one is worse than the other. That doesn’t mean he’s great

I’m still waiting for the Democrat Convention before I’m positive it will be Biden v Trump.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 16th, 2024, 3:50 pm yeah, I know you wrongly think that. It's cool 8)
I know you think I’m wrong. But you also applied to be a Space Force door gunner. Study
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:07 pm The real Joe Biden cannot participate in a debate, much less three.

This all has the feel of some sort of surprise/controversy/crisis.
He can not, that is true. I didn't think Trump had much of a chance but if Biden doesn't step aside then Trump probably could pull it off by the simple fact less independents will come out to even vote for president this time around that voted for Biden last time around.
Purple Haize, ATrain liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
If Trump has a shot, and it would seem he does, it’s mostly because the Dems overplayed their hand, as they always do.

His behavior from pandemic all the way through his exit speaks for itself. Dem overkill w/manic distortions isn’t necessary, but they can’t resist. And independents get turned off by their manipulative efforts, dark obsessions, and lack of focus on more practical matters.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This is such a unique election. You can literally contrast and compare both candidates from their time as POTUS. Voters can decide which 4 years they liked better.
TH Spangler liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote:And independents get turned off by their manipulative efforts, dark obsessions, and lack of focus on more practical matters.
Honestly, this is what made me stop voting for folks with R next to their name (for the most part). Both sides often allow themselves to be driven by extreme positions and that's a turnoff from either party for folks who live in the center (or at least recognize that we live in a society with a diverse population and should be governed as such).
ATrain liked this
By jmclaughlin
I will be writing in Terry Crews as my choice for President if it comes down to a rematch of 2020. Might as well make Idiocracy, Orwellian.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
If the democrats lose, to whom ever, they'll crank up their resistance movement and create 4 more years of chaos. Wear everyone down and then run another compromised, controllable puppet in 2028.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:44 pm
paradox wrote:And independents get turned off by their manipulative efforts, dark obsessions, and lack of focus on more practical matters.
Honestly, this is what made me stop voting for folks with R next to their name (for the most part). Both sides often allow themselves to be driven by extreme positions and that's a turnoff from either party for folks who live in the center (or at least recognize that we live in a society with a diverse population and should be governed as such).
It's true, most people reside somewhere in middle. Terms like conservative, moderate, progressive, radical, often take on different meanings in rural America and some southern states as opposed to the the Northeast, Canada, and most of Western Europe. In other words, some of your biggest turnoffs don't necessarily exist universally, unless, of course, you viewed people like Bush and Romney as extremists. In other words, was Kevin McCarthy the extremist, or the 8 people who voted with the Dems to oust their own speaker? What's extreme to you?
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: January 16th, 2024, 8:49 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:44 pm
It's true, most people reside somewhere in middle. Terms like conservative, moderate, progressive, radical, often take on different meanings in rural America and some southern states as opposed to the the Northeast, Canada, and most of Western Europe. In other words, some of your biggest turnoffs don't necessarily exist universally, unless, of course, you viewed people like Bush and Romney as extremists. In other words, was Kevin McCarthy the extremist, or the 8 people who voted with the Dems to oust their own speaker? What's extreme to you?
Conservative, moderate, progressive and radicals, all are realizing that recent politicians allowed way to much manufacturing to be offshored. We are way over dependent on others. Cost us many jobs. They did it because their donors, friends and family were making money off it. In Bidens case it was under the table, tax free I guess. If you call it out, those benefiting will come out fighting.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:21 pm
Humble_Opinion wrote: January 16th, 2024, 4:07 pm The real Joe Biden cannot participate in a debate, much less three.

This all has the feel of some sort of surprise/controversy/crisis.
He can not, that is true. I didn't think Trump had much of a chance but if Biden doesn't step aside then Trump probably could pull it off by the simple fact less independents will come out to even vote for president this time around that voted for Biden last time around.
That, and muslims in Michigan and Minnesota have already decided to not vote for Biden due to his support of Israel. Trump won't flip GA or AZ back to red, but he very likely could take Michigan, Minnesota and Pennsylvania in the current environment. That would be enough to get him over 270.

I'm still voting for Nikki Haley in VA's primary. Essentially the only chance we have to stop a rematch of Trump v. Biden.
alabama24 liked this
By Humble_Opinion
Registration Days Posts
Nikki Haley… no thanks I’ll pass. That blithering idiot couldn’t mention slavery as a cause of the civil war. Plus, she’s a warhawk.
By jmclaughlin
DeSantis dropping out just guaranteed another 5 years of the US seeing its shadow.
We are a joke of a Republic...officially
Danner Allen

Struck out 22 batters and Randolph-Henry def[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madrey[…]

Election 2022 and 2024

A snowball has a better chance in h-e-double-hocke[…]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]