This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:19 pm People are seriously judging a Presidential candidate on their choice of foot wear? I weep for our future
We need to stop electing puppets. The puppet master seems to be compromised. Like Mike Pompeo said the enemy is, "inside the gates".
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:19 pm People are seriously judging a Presidential candidate on their choice of foot wear? I weep for our future
Generally agree and like DeSantis, but the heel/lift thing is super weird and a red flag if he is that self-conscious.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 11:22 pm Presidential candidates can't be honest about something as silly as their height/foot wear? I know standards are low with the Don and Joe show but geez...
So they shouldn’t dye their hair? Use make up when on tv? Read speeches prepared by someone else? The list could go on and on. It’s amazingly stupid people are using this as a disqualifying reason for a candidate
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
LU 57 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 7:45 am
Generally agree and like DeSantis, but the heel/lift thing is super weird and a red flag if he is that self-conscious.
Is it? There’s a list of things that people do on a daily basis that enhance their appearance one way or the other. What exactly is the ‘red flag’ signifying?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
TH Spangler wrote: November 4th, 2023, 5:49 am
We need to stop electing puppets. The puppet master seems to be compromised. Like Mike Pompeo said the enemy is, "inside the gates".
So his shoes means he’s a puppet? You can’t be serious
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 4th, 2023, 8:31 am
thepostman wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 11:22 pm Presidential candidates can't be honest about something as silly as their height/foot wear? I know standards are low with the Don and Joe show but geez...
So they shouldn’t dye their hair? Use make up when on tv? Read speeches prepared by someone else? The list could go on and on. It’s amazingly stupid people are using this as a disqualifying reason for a candidate
It is stupid that people care but it's also stupid to lie about it when asked. That's my point. Not a very high bar. But again we are use to the Joe and Don show so maybe that's broken some people.
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
DeSantis has shown himself to be super petty and not a fan of free speech. Those are two things that disqualify him just off the top, aside from any major policy.
ATrain liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
The upcoming debate should be interesting. What's he gonna say? He appears to be on his tippy-toes, encased in a boot facade. This is both weird and phony. Some can stomach weird. But nobody likes a phony.
Last edited by paradox on November 4th, 2023, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By TH Spangler
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 4th, 2023, 8:33 am
TH Spangler wrote: November 4th, 2023, 5:49 am
So his shoes means he’s a puppet? You can’t be serious
I'm saying we have way more to worry about than what's being discussed here. :idea:
Purple Haize liked this
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Some people describe Howard Dean's moment of self-destruction as a petty media smear. However, Dean's unnerving momentary lapse into hyper-mania was Dean's doing, not the media's. Same w/Ron. It is what it is, and it's hilarious.
Last edited by paradox on November 4th, 2023, 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
Yacht Rock wrote: November 4th, 2023, 10:32 am DeSantis has shown himself to be super petty and not a fan of free speech. Those are two things that disqualify him just off the top, aside from any major policy.
Sure. Disagree with his policy and debate that. But focusing on his shoes seems….odd.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: November 4th, 2023, 11:10 am Some people describe Howard Dean's moment of self-destruction as a petty invention of the media. However, it wasn't the literal words or enthusiasm that sunk Dean, but the suggestion of mania impressed on the collective imagination. I believe this is also the case w/Ron for anyone willing to take a closer look. For Ron, it's not mania. It’s likely something else. But we're not quite sure yet. Or maybe it's just your everyday political buffoonery. I'm going w/buffoonery.
Take a closer look at his…shoes…. :dontgetit
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 4th, 2023, 2:08 pm
Yacht Rock wrote: November 4th, 2023, 10:32 am DeSantis has shown himself to be super petty and not a fan of free speech. Those are two things that disqualify him just off the top, aside from any major policy.
Sure. Disagree with his policy and debate that. But focusing on his shoes seems….odd.
It's not the dang shoes.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: November 4th, 2023, 3:52 pm
It's not the dang shoes.
Isn’t it? That seems to be what the topic of conversation. That’s what’s being used an excuse to disqualify his legitimacy. Again, debate his policies but his footwear has nothing to do with it
By jbock13
Registration Days Posts
Has anyone considered Trump running as a Republican nominee for President again? It worked so well the last time we tried it. Of course, it's probably not worth even voting because we all know the leftists will cheat. Sad!

/s
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 4th, 2023, 4:34 pm

It's not the dang shoes.
Isn’t it? That seems to be what the topic of conversation. That’s what’s being used an excuse to disqualify his legitimacy. Again, debate his policies but his footwear has nothing to do with it
I'm talking about the conversation happning here....He was asked about it and lied about it. Should it have mattered? Of course not but lying about it, along with your height is just as dumb. I'd love for him to talk about policy instead of the tired "no woke. Woke is bad".
ATrain liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
jbock13 wrote: November 4th, 2023, 4:44 pm Has anyone considered Trump running as a Republican nominee for President again? It worked so well the last time we tried it. Of course, it's probably not worth even voting because we all know the leftists will cheat. Sad!

/s
That's a good point. Why should I vote if the leftist just steal elections. 🤔
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: November 4th, 2023, 4:34 pm

It's not the dang shoes.
It's weird but I would still vote for him. Never suggested it disqualifies him. Trump's hair and spray tan are weird too but I still voted for him.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Always perceived him, mostly, as a thespian. Not convinced there's much substance there. Wannabe MAGA successor. And little else. Oh, almost forgot....not afraid of walking tall..on his toes
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 7:17 pm
paradox wrote: November 3rd, 2023, 9:27 am Nikki Haley has to be the clear number 2 by now. I think most would definitely prefer her in heels over Ron.
She’s a 4th or 5th choice to me. RDS is still my first choice.

RDS won't get my vote if he's the nominee.
thepostman liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: December 7th, 2023, 10:41 pm DeSatanist is a major league weirdo with a crazed look in his eye. Same with Ramaswamy. Entertaining and yet concerning at the same time.
DeSantis is short. All short people look like that :D
Election 2022 and 2024

You think NY is winnable for Trump?! Has […]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]

2024 Recruiting Discussion

https://twitter.com/ASeaofRed/status/1783905706782[…]