This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
jmclaughlin wrote: January 21st, 2024, 5:15 pm DeSantis dropping out just guaranteed another 5 years of the US seeing its shadow.
We are a joke of a Republic...officially
Was really hoping he’d win the Nomination. Not sure what happened to his campaign but I’m disappointed.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 21st, 2024, 7:22 pm
jmclaughlin wrote: January 21st, 2024, 5:15 pm DeSantis dropping out just guaranteed another 5 years of the US seeing its shadow.
Was really hoping he’d win the Nomination. Not sure what happened to his campaign but I’m disappointed.
Honestly, I'd rather have Trump than DeSantis as POTUS
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 21st, 2024, 10:16 pm
Honestly, I'd rather have Trump than DeSantis as POTUS
I understand that sentiment. It’s now time for the GOP to coalesce around Trump for better or worse. Maybe this time work to help get the parts of the agenda you agree with as opposed to fighting him tooth and nail. McConnell for all his faults was able to donthat
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
He ticked off the fragile orange man. He sent his cronies after him. Pretty simple.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 12:16 am
He ticked off the fragile orange man. He sent his cronies after him. Pretty simple.
I don’t think that’s it. I think he, like myself, calculated that the GOP would be ready to move on from Trump but still want someone with his policy objectives. That didn’t happen. But he’s doing a great job in Florida so that’s something.
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
This is the part of politics that drives me nuts. RDS now comes out an endorses Trump. And Trump calls him “spectacular”. All after bashing each other for months. It’s just….weird.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 9:48 am This is the part of politics that drives me nuts. RDS now comes out an endorses Trump. And Trump calls him “spectacular”. All after bashing each other for months. It’s just….weird.
No different than some sports like Boxing or mma. Bash each other up to the fight then afterwards praise each other to the hilt
LU 57 liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 9:38 am

I don’t think that’s it. I think he, like myself, calculated that the GOP would be ready to move on from Trump but still want someone with his policy objectives. That didn’t happen. But he’s doing a great job in Florida so that’s something.
He 100% sent his cronies after him. There was a lot of money spent from Trump backed organizations that did everything they could to discredit RDS. To Trump's credit, it worked and now they are best friends forever again. Politics as usual from the guy that claims he is not a traditional politician
ATrain liked this
By LU 57
Purple Haize wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:08 am
JK37 wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 9:48 am This is the part of politics that drives me nuts. RDS now comes out an endorses Trump. And Trump calls him “spectacular”. All after bashing each other for months. It’s just….weird.
No different than some sports like Boxing or mma. Bash each other up to the fight then afterwards praise each other to the hilt
Good analogy. I too would have preferred RDS but can certainly live with DJT.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 11:09 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 9:38 am

He 100% sent his cronies after him. There was a lot of money spent from Trump backed organizations that did everything they could to discredit RDS. To Trump's credit, it worked and now they are best friends forever again. Politics as usual from the guy that claims he is not a traditional politician
Meh. That’s SOP for a lot of fields.
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
OK? Doesn't mean I have to like it.

It also makes it clear that Trump is everything he tries to claim he is not. It is comical that we are this far into his political career and people still think he is somehow "different" because he "says it how it is". The dude is a crook and a liar and I can not believe you guys still are riding his jock.

...I know, I know...Biden is worse :roll: what a crock a crap that is

They both have different kinds of bad qualities and I refuse to play along like one is somehow "less bad"...

Ok, rant over...
ATrain liked this
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 4:11 pm OK? Doesn't mean I have to like it.

It also makes it clear that Trump is everything he tries to claim he is not. It is comical that we are this far into his political career and people still think he is somehow "different" because he "says it how it is". The dude is a crook and a liar and I can not believe you guys still are riding his jock.

They both have different kinds of bad qualities and I refuse to play along like one is somehow "less bad"...

Ok, rant over...
Spoken like a True Idealist.

But, me too.
By jmclaughlin
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 4:11 pm OK? Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Ok, rant over...
Comparing Biden to...anyone, is impossible. He isn't even sentient at this point. The very definition of an empty suit. His handlers are disgusting to let it happen.
The sad part that you hit upon is the alternative is Donald J. Trump. Everyone will go to the ballot box in November, voting for or against the same candidate. We are a grossly unserious society and it will take decades to overcome the damage of the past 5 years of Executive "leadership".
thepostman, ATrain liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
But his policies are based on lies. He is lying to you to just have power. Again, comical you're still falling for it.

Promises not kept (these are just the first 10 I thought of)

1. Repeal ObamaCare
2. Place lifetime bans on foreign lobbying (he repealed it)
3. Create medical savings accounts
4. Invest in infrastructure
5. Bring back industry to the US
6. Grow the economy by at least 4% each year
7. Appoint special council to investigate Hillary
8. Build the wall and have Mexico pay for it
9. Renegotiate Iran deal
10. Impose hiring freeze on federal employees.

He is a con man who couldn't follow through on most of his promises and somehow people think this time will be different. He hasn't changed and never will. Empty man and empty promises.
ATrain liked this
By Yacht Rock
Registration Days Posts
He's the PT Barnum of candidates, and not in a good way.

Not thrilled about Biden, but I'm happy to do my part as someone with an R next to my voter registration to keep Trump out of office again.
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 7:54 pm But his policies are based on lies. He is lying to you to just have power. Again, comical you're still falling for it.

Promises not kept (these are just the first 10 I thought of)

1. Repeal ObamaCare
2. Place lifetime bans on foreign lobbying (he repealed it)
3. Create medical savings accounts
4. Invest in infrastructure
5. Bring back industry to the US
6. Grow the economy by at least 4% each year
7. Appoint special council to investigate Hillary
8. Build the wall and have Mexico pay for it
9. Renegotiate Iran deal
10. Impose hiring freeze on federal employees.

He is a con man who couldn't follow through on most of his promises and somehow people think this time will be different. He hasn't changed and never will. Empty man and empty promises.
You say it’s not Trumps fault but in many cases it isn’t
1- Thank John McCain
2- I agree but don’t care
3– Again see McCain. He made an effort
4- He did but not that crazy Biden boondoggle
5- To me that’s a big failure and I’m on record as being critical of it. I always thought a great gesture would have been to the manufacturing of his products back to the US
6 - He was doing a good job growing the economy until Covid
7- 1 promise I’m glad he didn’t keep
8- He certainly built as much wall as possible. Even to the point the Biden Administration halted it and refused for the already purchased material to be used
9- He pulled out of the Iran deal. Refocused Foreign policy away from Iran and the Palestinians. Whicj was a great move
10- Agree. A failure.
You left out his continuing to sign off on CR’s and Omnibus bills. I also have an issue with Ryan on that. As I’ve been on record

I’ll take what he did accomplish and try to accomplish over what we have had the last 4 years. I would have preferred RDS because he has policies I agree with and a much better track record of implementing them. But he is no longer I’m stuck with voting for Trump again. Hopefully this time he has learned from his previous mistakes in how to accomplish things and is able to get more done. He’s not perfect, he won’t be able to get all of his agenda implemented but he’s better than the other guy.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 8:27 pm Oh and let's not forget how he completely exploded the deficit when he said he'd cut it in half!!! But sure...trust him now.
That was largely in response to Covid. And it’s certainly expanded more now. So again I’ll take the first guy
Chippy, prototype liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Insufferable. It's not about the other guy...

The best bosses I have ever worked for were the ones who could admit their failures and learn from them. Trump has never done fhat in his entire professional career. It's a terrible leadership trait. One of his many.

Also that was just 10. I could've kept going. I won't. You get the idea. He is an absolute disgrace.

I know. I know. The other guy :roll:
ATrain liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 10:37 pm Insufferable. It's not about the other guy...

The best bosses I have ever worked for were the ones who could admit their failures and learn from them. Trump has never done fhat in his entire professional career. It's a terrible leadership trait. One of his many.

Also that was just 10. I could've kept going. I won't. You get the idea. He is an absolute disgrace.

I know. I know. The other guy :roll:
Except it is about the other guy. The best bosses I have realize they don’t know everything and empower their subordinates. You will get no argument from me about that. Nor that a leader will admit when they made a mistake. I mean I’m not holding my breathe waiting for an apology about 2 recent situations where one of my current higher ups was 100% empirically wrong. But I don’t think they are a good leader. In my case u can wait it out til she’s gone, I change her mind or find somewhere different
When it comes to the Presidential race I don’t have that option. I have one guy or the other. I WANTED another option but that didn’t happen. So now I have to chose between one of the two. So yes, you have to compare each with The other Guy
jmclaughlin, flamehunter, rtb72 and 1 others liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 12:54 pm I'm voting for Mickey Mouse, he's in his 90's so he'll fit right in.
I'm writing in Dolly Parton, with Reba McEntire for VP, in the general election. This is assuming there is no "No Labels Unity Ticket," and Chase Oliver doesn't get the Libertarian nomination.
Election 2022 and 2024

Then he went on to win 49 out of 50 states.

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]