This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
There is ONE thing Donald Trump can do to get me to vote for him...
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:21 pm There is ONE thing Donald Trump can do to get me to vote for him...
Go to the US Open in Flushing Measows?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
This Border situation is crazy. Texas can lay their barbwire barrier etc. They just can’t stop the Feds from removing it. So will Biden order its removal? Will Texas just replace it? Will Texas et al stop the Feds from removing it? Wild times.

https://www.newsweek.com/gop-governors- ... er-1864435
By JK37
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 26th, 2024, 7:21 pm There is ONE thing Donald Trump can do to get me to vote for him...
Sounds like you’ve become a single issue voter, my friend!
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
JK37 wrote: January 26th, 2024, 10:01 pm
Sounds like you’ve become a single issue voter, my friend!
Just one issue that affects me more than perhaps any other issue being talked about in the media.
By paradox
Registration Days Posts
Hard to believe that there’s not a viable 3rd party option for this one. Apparently, no one wants it. So we’re left with a pair of overexposed 80 somethings.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
paradox wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:09 am Hard to believe that there’s not a viable 3rd party option for this one. Apparently, no one wants it. So we’re left with a pair of overexposed 80 somethings.
As has been the case for decades, there will never be a viable 3rd Party Candidate until there is a viable 3rd Party. It HAS to start at the City and State level. Moving up to Gov Rep and Senator. Otherwise you get with what we had with Trump. Both Parties fighting the President and their policies
By Baybird
paradox wrote: January 30th, 2024, 10:09 am Hard to believe that there’s not a viable 3rd party option for this one. Apparently, no one wants it. So we’re left with a pair of overexposed 80 somethings.
Or as one Chinese taxi cab driver in a 2016 trip to the Great Wall said, "you have 300 million people and those two are the best you have? I'm so sorry for you."
ATrain liked this
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 30th, 2024, 2:22 pm
As has been the case for decades, there will never be a viable 3rd Party Candidate until there is a viable 3rd Party. It HAS to start at the City and State level. Moving up to Gov Rep and Senator. Otherwise you get with what we had with Trump. Both Parties fighting the President and their policies
I mean, Jesse Ventura was with the Reform Party and elected governor of Minnesota.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 30th, 2024, 6:01 pm
I mean, Jesse Ventura was with the Reform Party and elected governor of Minnesota.
How’d that turn out?
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: January 30th, 2024, 8:56 pm

How’d that turn out?
They fizzled out
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
ATrain wrote: January 31st, 2024, 8:35 am
Purple Haize wrote: January 30th, 2024, 8:56 pm

How’d that turn out?
They fizzled out
Because he had no Party support in the MN House. Which will only be magnified in a White Ouse / Congress situation
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
In other news, ads for the June 18th primary in VA's 5th district have started airing.
By ATrain
Registration Days Posts
thepostman wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 11:11 am I bet those are a joy.

Texas poltical ads are a different beast. Provides some laughs. That's for sure. Kind of like @TH Spangler :lol:
Nearly every other commercial in the evenings is either a Bob Good or John McGuire ad. I had all but forgotten the Texas political ads, and I also never voted in Texas either lol.
thepostman liked this
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
Yeah I'm still registered in Florida since I'm still active duty and that's my home of record. Though I'm tempted to change that as I'm not entirely pleased with the local government reps. Which in reality have far more impact on my day to day life then whatever old man is voted into the white house.
ATrain liked this
Election 2022 and 2024

If there is a debate, it probably should be betwee[…]

Virginia Law Allows Schools to Pay NIL

SMU is ranked 89th in USNWR which is pretty wo[…]

UTEP

Roupe 2 HR, Wilson 1 HR, Roupe, Wilson and Madr[…]

Danner Allen

Randolph Henry and Rustburg play again Monday. I […]