This is the location for conversations that don't fall anywhere else on FlameFans. Whether its politics, culture, the latest techno stuff or just the best places to travel on the web ... this is your forum.

Moderators: jcmanson, Sly Fox, BuryYourDuke

By sstaedtler
Who has seen the movie 2000 Mules and what did you think? The movie, through the group True the Vote, uses cell phone tracking data backed up by surveillance cameras to show that mules, going from stash houses and funded by non-profit organizations went to drop ballot box after drop ballox box, sometimes at 2 or 3 AM in the morning, delivering groups of ballots. These mules took photos to get paid, used gloves, etc. In their estimation, it was easily enough to tip the election. Just curious on people's thoughts.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
The Dispatch….l
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
I mean, I could take the same tack with the movie itself- “Dinesh D’Souza…”

I figured we might actually judge things on their merits though. Do you have anything to say about the content?
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:07 pm I mean, I could take the same tack with the movie itself- “Dinesh D’Souza…”

I figured we might actually judge things on their merits though. Do you have anything to say about the content?
I have questions about 2000 mules. I’m certainly not going to look to the dispatch for those answers
By olldflame
Registration Days Posts
I haven't seen the film yet either, but in looking at a response from a totally different source, Ben Shapiro was not particularly impressed either.

My personal position from what I have seen and read is that there is a fairly good chance the 2020 election was stolen, but it's counterproductive at this point to obsess over it. Focus on getting some better people in power first, and then look at possibly going after those responsible for fraud.
Purple Haize liked this
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
olldflame wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:33 am I haven't seen the film yet either, but in looking at a response from a totally different source, Ben Shapiro was not particularly impressed either.

My personal position from what I have seen and read is that there is a fairly good chance the 2020 election was stolen, but it's counterproductive at this point to obsess over it. Focus on getting some better people in power first, and then look at possibly going after those responsible for fraud.
I’m not sure I’d say ‘stolen’ but it’s a fact there were several voting irregularities. That process and procedures normally followed were not this time because of COVID etc.
I do 100% agree that at this point it’s crying over spilt milk. Fix the system so it doesn’t happen again. Find candidates with the Policies but not the drama and move forward
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 24th, 2022, 6:26 am
stokesjokes wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 11:07 pm I mean, I could take the same tack with the movie itself- “Dinesh D’Souza…”

I have questions about 2000 mules. I’m certainly not going to look to the dispatch for those answers
So do you have anything to say about the content of their response or…
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 24th, 2022, 8:46 am

Yes
The Bulwark……

Enough said
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
Purple Haize wrote: May 24th, 2022, 9:02 am

Yes
The Bulwark……

Enough said
So “yes” but actually, no. Got it.
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 24th, 2022, 11:23 am
Purple Haize wrote: May 24th, 2022, 9:02 am

Yes
The Bulwark……

Enough said
So “yes” but actually, no. Got it.
“Trump bad. We good. Trump supporters crazy. We pedoph….We not crazy” - The Bulwark
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 24th, 2022, 1:24 pm And this has to do with the substance of the critique because…
Oops. I said Bulwark. You reference d The Dispatch. Same type of journalism different label. Fewer groomers (probably)
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 24th, 2022, 1:36 pm
stokesjokes wrote: May 24th, 2022, 1:24 pm And this has to do with the substance of the critique because…
Absolutely everything. The fact you ignore it speaks volumes. The Dispatch is going to look at everything was peachy. Dinesh the opposite.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
You’re not responding to anything actually to do with the content of the article. You’re trying to hand-wave it away. Where are they wrong and why? What do you agree with, what do you not agree with? If it’s such bad journalism, it should be easy to pick apart, right?
By LU 57
The film does a really good job of mapping “mules” to drop boxes with geolocation data. Very compelling.

They also had some great footage of folks depositing multiple envelopes into drop boxes.

Where they missed an opportunity was better linking the 2. They had lots of footage of one “mule” at one ballot box, but it would have been much more effective to follow a “mule” around to multiple drop boxes with footage from each.

Despite the missed opportunity, the film was compelling and I thought their methodology was both conservative and solid (required I believe 10 trips to ballot boxes and 5 trips to “stash houses” to qualify as a mule).
By Purple Haize
Registration Days Posts
stokesjokes wrote: May 24th, 2022, 2:02 pm You’re not responding to anything actually to do with the content of the article. You’re trying to hand-wave it away. Where are they wrong and why? What do you agree with, what do you not agree with? If it’s such bad journalism, it should be easy to pick apart, right?
I literally responded directly to their main criticism of the movie. They mention it several times. They talk about Dinesh POV. They bring up things saying they were debunked that were not necessarily debunked. They are putting on rose colored glasses in comparison to Dinesh’s more negative take
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
See? that wasn't so hard. Just repeating "dispatch bad, dispatch biased" ain't it. What do you think hasn't been debunked?
By thepostman
Registration Days Posts
I haven't watched it so won't comment on the documentary itself but there seems to be a lot of criticism of it all over the poltical spectrum and that rarely happens these days. But that is what happens when you make Tucker's people angry I guess.
By rtb72
Read the article...haven't seen the movie. The article is rich in speculation and conjecture. They offer plausible alternatives and possibilities, but disprove little to nothing. Fact checking....not so much. Alternatively, I'm sure the movie is likewise extraneous in speculation, hyperbole and conjecture. Both view it through an ideological lens. One clearly by D'Souza; the other couched as an "objective" fact check. To lend significant credibility to either...well, it's the "media" today, so...

Regardless, I hope Trump yields in 2024 or this will be the same thing all over again. Probably sooner than that as the mid-terms approach and the never-ending pandemic is starting to "spike" again.....MAIL-IN BALLOTS!!! If Trump runs, I think it will once again draw more voters in opposition to him specifically, thereby hurting down-ticket conservatives, and potentially some quality candidates in the Presidential primary who would better carry the "conservative" banner.

A lot of this can be solved with feasible voter ID laws, but....
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
rtb72 wrote: May 25th, 2022, 12:42 pm They offer plausible alternatives and possibilities, but disprove little to nothing.
This is my read of the article as well, not necessarily that they are providing any concrete evidence to disprove the "mules" theory, but that the assertion that the cell phone geolocation data proves the "mules" theory is not nearly as compelling as the film apparently makes it out to be.

For instance, if I take the same route to work every day, I'm passing by the same places 10x a week, what if one of those places has a drop box? Am I now a mule?

It's also disregarding other aspects of election security that would make this theory moot. It's not like they're just blindly counting any ballot that has votes filled in, they have to have valid signatures that matchup with the signatures on file for registered voters. Unless there's some hidden data set of counted votes with no registered voter attached to them or some other hidden data set of registered voters with multiple votes attached to their names, then there's no reason to believe that Biden received extra votes even if there were "mules" dropping them off.
By Just John
Registration Days Posts
  • Geo-location cannot determine if anyone actually stops at a voter drop box or not. It just shows if you are in the area
  • Drop boxes are purposely but in busy locations for obvious reasons
  • If I work at an office right next to a Burger King it doesn't mean I eat at Burger King every day
  • "Ballot harvesting" is legal in some states whether it should be or not
  • One "mule" they showed was dropping off ballots of his kids and wife
  • Did they identify any of the non-profits?
  • It can be cold in November and some people wear gloves when it's cold
  • Why weren't the same individuals shown on video multiple times or at multiple locations? With "2,000" there should be a wealth of footage to show but they didn't.
By stokesjokes
Registration Days Posts
One of the ironies here is that this film was made by Dinesh D'Sousa who has been convicted of a felony for...cheating in an election. I'll give you three guesses which president gave him a pardon for it.
Dondi Costin - LU President

The recent statements by Costin on moving away […]

NCAA Realignment Megathread

Duke Gonzaga B12? https://larrybrownsports.com/co[…]

FlameFans Fantasy Baseball

We are on!!! Hope to see everyone tonight at 9:30[…]

Another player that most people who post on here[…]